Chapter 52: the kidnap victim

Smut chapter in a few days.
_________________________________________
George POV.

I sat on the computer in Dream’s bedroom in the warehouse, typing a quick email while sitting cross-legged on the bed and watching as Dream sat opposite me typing something on his computer. He didn’t know that I was typing an email, especially one exposing the secrets I had discovered.

As I typed I also had Netflix open, and was playing a musical on almost full volume. That way Dream wouldn’t think I was doing something else. But I had to be careful about typing, if I was too fast or too loud the blond may get suspicious. It was quite late though, past midnight.

Eventually I typed what I considered to be a good summary of events of what was happening, telling him that a man called Wilbur Soot was the guy smuggled into the city, about the kidnapping plot, about the apparent weapons, and about Dream’s origin.

When I sent the email I turned my attention towards the Netflix movie, even though now that I was watching it, it didn’t seem that interesting. My eyebrows were furrowed as I stared boredly at the screen, and so I lifted my gaze slightly to look at Dream.

He must be having an off day, I figured. His hair was messier than usual behind the mask and he wasn’t dressed up like he usually was, instead just having thrown on a tank top and a pair of sweatpants. His mask was on though, laying slightly askew. I tried to shift myself so I could peer over his shoulder and saw him playing minecraft.

A few minutes passed before a phone rang and Dream answered it. “Yes?” He asked whoever was on the other end of the line. Another few minutes passed while whoever was on the line explained something, and Dream occasionally responded with ‘yeah’ or an ‘mhm’. I tried to guess what was being said but I couldn’t figure it out.

“I’ll be down in a minute.” Dream finally said, before hanging up the phone and sighing. He probably thought I was focusing too much on the movie to see what he was doing. However when he noticed I was awake he stood up with a sigh. “I have something to do, if you want to join,” he informed me.

Immediately I gave a nod, since I could see what he was talking about on the phone and was also tired of watching the musical. Dream gave me a smile, telling me that he wanted to change first and grabbed some clothes before walking into the bathroom.

After he moved to shut the door it didn’t close properly, and out of the corner of my eye I saw him pulling his mask off. I tried to crain my head so I could see what he looked like in the reflection, but I wasn’t able to do that, and forced myself to turn away as Dream pulled the tank top over his head.

A minute or so later I heard him walking out of the room and took a few deep breaths to make sure there was no blush on my face. Dream let a chuckle slip from his lips and I looked up at him and took in the outfit he had changed into. He had a pair of dress pants on, and a white button up shirt with the top few buttons undone.

Immediately I turned away again as I felt my face getting red again, which made him laugh. His mask had been pulled back on but it wasn’t sitting properly, instead exposing his lips, which were pulled back into a smirk. “Come on,” he told me, taking my hand and pulling me up so I was standing beside him, feeling completely underdressed compared to him.

I walked beside him through the corridors which were dark since all of the lights were turned off, however Dream was holding my hand and walking through it as though he had night vision. I had been trained to see in almost pitch black, and so I was able to avoid bumping into things, but I still had Dream lead me to make it seem like I was blind in the darkness.

After walking down the stairs, out of the building, and through the cold night, Dream directed me through a maze of warehouses. The blond was able to navigate it easily, as though he had a map imprinted in his mind.