Chapter 32: love and crime

I wanted to say now, that due to confidential issues, Ezra will probably be away for a while, however there will still be smut and he has recommended someone.

They are the person who took over writing Rich Romance, iikxtezz and I hope that when their smut chapter is here you guys enjoy it.
_________________________________________
Badboyhalo POV

After his two henchmen disappeared into the vents, a small sigh left the gem thief’s lips and I decided to take advantage of the fact that he was alone. I jumped out of where I was hiding and ran at him without giving him a chance to react.

As I managed to reach him I sent a fist into his jaw, knocking him back immediately and giving him a surprise. He spun around and his eyes narrowed as he balled up his fist, before throwing a punch back at me. The hit got me in the chest and I stumbled back slightly but never lost my footing, instead rebounding with an elbow into his shoulder.

He let out a grunt at the impact and slid back out of my reach and quickly whipped a dagger out of his pocket and took a swing at me. It was a shiny silver dagger with a golden handle that had blue and red gems encrusted in it. Skeppy took several swings at me, causing me to back away to stop from being stabbed by it.

Suddenly I almost stumbled as I found myself at the edge of the building. “Oh muffins.” I muttered, before looking back up at Skeppy. He was about to take another swing at me and I fell back, over the edge of the roof. I stumbled backwards, falling off of the roof and only stopping myself from falling to the ground below.

My hands managed to scramble to grab the ledge, and I looked around desperately to try and find another place to jump to. I knew if I fell to the ground I would almost definitely break several bones, or at worse kill me. A shadow appeared over top of me and I glanced up meekly to see Skeppy standing there.

I tried to hide how worried I was, and felt my grip beginning to slip. I’ve always known that my upper body strength was that good. My eyes met Skeppy, and I could tell he was considering what he could do. I tensed up when he leaned down towards me before he suddenly offered his hand out to me.

My eyes widened as I looked up at him, “what… what are you doing?” I asked the gem thief, feeling my arms start to shake.
He shrugged but didn’t give me a verbal answer, and so I sighed as I grabbed his arm, and he pulled me up to sit on the roof beside him.

“Why did you help me?” I asked, after a minute of regaining my breath.
The ravenette shrugged again. “I don’t know. Maybe because I figured if I saved your ass you’d owe me a favour. Plus, of all the heroes in the city, you annoy me the least.”

“Uhh thanks…” I said cautiously, wondering why this muffin was suddenly being so nice. Surely he could have also benefited from me getting injured. That way he’d only have to deal with 2 superheroes, since George was missing and I was… well… a splattered muffin.

When I finally stood up he took a couple of steps back, probably not certain if I was going to attack him again or not. However I didn’t, if he was going to be nice to me I may as well be nice back. The only problem was that I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere near him for a while, because he could use me as a way of getting away.

“Well what are you going to make me do for you?” I asked awkwardly, beginning to back away slowly so I could tell Techno, Karl, and Philza about my encounter.
“Undecided.” The gem thief said. “Maybe I’ll use you as a get out of jail free card, or I’ll have you hide some evidence, or maybe I will just be bored one night and want some company.”

The two of us stayed staring at each other for a few moments while I thought about what each of those three things could mean. A smirk appeared on Skeppy’s face as he walked over to the vent that his henchmen had disappeared into earlier and jumped inside of it. “I’ll see you on the streets, hero. Take care of yourself.” He said, before disappearing out of sight.

I let out a breath which I hadn’t realised I had been holding in. My eyes stayed focused on the vent while I tried to decide what to do, before eventually making up my mind and just leaving. I returned to my perch on the other building.

Karl POV.

For a few minutes after Bad disconnected his comm there was only silence. I was tired of sitting around waiting for something to happen, there were notifications from the police of arrests they were making but it was dead silent around the city centre. Plus, none of the arrests were major threats, only henchmen and none of their employers.

It felt like George’s warning was a false lead, or a distraction, I might even consider it a prank. Or maybe it was a joke made by Philza, after all I hadn’t seen whatever email was sent by George. However I knew that it wouldn’t be a joke, and just sat back while keeping an eye out for any movement in the square.

My ass was sore from sitting on concrete on the edge of the roof of one of the university buildings opposite for several hours. Suddenly I saw a flash movement which caught my attention. I stood up and my eyes narrowed as I looked around for whoever it was that was walking around, since nobody had been down on the street today.

Thinking that it might be a criminal, I stood up and stretched before teleporting down to the ground and looking around. I couldn’t find any criminals running around until I heard a voice behind me. “Who are you looking for Jacobs? Or should I say Karl?” I turned over my shoulder to see Sapnap standing there.

I spun around to look at him and grimaced. “Criminals, such as yourself. So if I were you I’d better start running.”
“Hey, I’m not doing anything illegal though, that’s not fair.” the ravenette pointed out as he walked over to me, and I lowered myself down into a position in case I needed to fight him.

He reached me but didn’t seem like he was going to attack me. “I mean, unless you want to consider the fact I’ve stolen your heart.”
I rolled my eyes from under the mask, and it seems Sapnap knew I did this. “You have such corny criminal pick up lines. Plus I could arrest you for kidnapping, and torture.”

“Yeah…” Sapnap muttered awkwardly. “I am sorry about that. I figured you would be some annoying asshole under the mask, but you aren’t that annoying… I guess.”
“And I don’t date criminals.” I responded, “especially after they kidnap and torture me and then try and cuddle me in bed while I am unconscious.”

“Well if being sexy was a crime you’d be just as much of a criminal as I am.” The ravenette flirted, and I couldn’t help but smile.
“Okay that was a slightly better pick up line.” I admitted.

“Thank you.” Sapnap smirked, “I could tell you some more over dinner later.” He hummed.
I rolled my eyes at him again. “Is that the entire reason why you are here? To ask me out to dinner? You know countless reasons why I have to say no, right? You don’t even know me.”

“Sure I do.” The ravenette responded. “Your name is Karl, but you also go as Jacobs. You can teleport around a lot. And you are hopelessly obsessed with me and will say yes when I ask you on a date.”
“Clever.” I responded. “But incorrect.”

“Please,” he almost whined at me. Sapnap pulled a purple flower out of his pocket. “I think that you’ll find it worthwhile. Plus if you hate the date you can try and arrest me. You’ll probably enjoy seeing me tied in chains and handcuffs.”
“Fine.” I sighed. “One date. If it’ll mean that you leave me alone today, and do nothing illegal until then.”

“Great! I’ll see you later! You just start walking and I’ll meet you wherever” I watched as he enthusiastically skipped off in a childish manner, even though I wanted an explanation, and allowed a small chuckle to leave my lips. After he walked out of the alley I teleported back up to the roof and found myself staring down at him, admiring him as he waved at me before disappearing from sight.
_________________________________________
1497 words