Chapter 66: atomic

I looked up so much shit about bombs for this book, I am probably on some watchlist somewhere.
_________________________________________
Foolish POV.

I hadn’t even been here for twenty-four hours and I was already over it. But then again people would usually be over getting kidnapped fairly quickly. This morning I was woken at five (I think there wasn’t a clock but it was fairly dark outside) and was giving one piece of cold toast before being firmly told by Punz to ‘get to work’.

The platinum blond was an asshole from the start, just glaring at me the entire time and I immediately figured he was probably dropped on his head (maybe from a second story balcony onto a busy street) as a baby. He also went against what Dream said, making me work longer than I was told that I had to work, not that I could complain.

That was this morning, since then I had been slumped over a workbench working on an atomic bomb, and I grew wary as I thought what it would be used for. I mean obviously it was going to be used to cause panic and destruction but I knew that couldn’t be it, after all it was fairly easy to get bombs, grenades, etc. from the criminal underworld.

However I didn’t have time to think about it as I continued working away, my fingers were sore from working without rest, and it was even harder to do because I was wearing a radiation suit to protect me while I worked and that included a thick pair of gloves.

Sweat was running down my forehead as I worried and fussed silently over my work, not daring to even look away from it because I was certain that I’d be caught ‘slacking off’ and that Sam or Ponk would have to pay the price for it.

Building a bomb was easy, even though I never really would admit that out loud. As a kid I had an interest in building a lot of cool stuff, especially with my family. I often asked my parents to help me buy expensive things that were usually meant for older kids like toy cars or difficult lego sets. One time I even managed to convince my dad to get me a smoke bomb kit.

I worked as fast as I possibly could, since as I worked I had a plan forming in the back of my mind. They couldn’t really test to see if the bomb I made worked or not, so if I just made it look like I made a dangerous bomb they should seem happy and let me go. If not then I might end up dead, but at least a lot of other people will stay safe.

While this happened I carefully slipped some uranium into a tube and let out a thankful sigh that I hadn’t slipped or dropped it because it would have been very dangerous if I dropped it. The sweat was now running down my face like a waterfall. I was feeling very stiff and hot. I looked over at one of my captures and called out to get his attention.

“Can I have a bathroom break?” I asked him, I was allowed three a day and had used one this morning. There was a shower and a towel in there so I was planning on running and just washing down, since Punz had told me I was allowed a brief shower but that there was no lock on the bathroom for him to drag me out naked if I did take too long.

It was awkward but I just wanted to wash the terrible feeling off of me, and when Punz looked away from his phone and up at me. “Do you have to go?” He asked. “You have three bathroom breaks today and this would be your second.”
“I honestly don’t care.” I told him, and so he sighed.

Punz gave me a motion which I quickly figured out. I had to stand up in the centre of the room to make sure I couldn’t run out the door as he unlocked it. Once the door was unlocked he would grab my wrists and pull me towards the bathroom. The door was opened and I stepped into the bathroom, before hurrying into the shower, shuddering at the cold water.

George POV.

Techno surprisingly didn’t object as Wilbur forced his brother into a car which was nearby, while I was leaning into Dream. The pinkette surprisingly seemed calm as Dream wrapped his arms around my waist.

“So who are Tommy and Philza?” I asked. I mean obviously I know who they both were. I’ve lived with them for around eight years so I knew who they were, but I wanted to see who he claimed they were.
“They are Wilbur’s father and his younger brother.” Dream explained blandly.

“Is he planning on hurting them?” I asked, feeling genuinely concerned for their well being because they were like my family. “I don’t think I could bear to watch a child get hurt,” was what I proclaimed (referring to Tommy obviously, since he was a child and Phil wasn’t).
“Don’t worry,” he reassured me, “Wilbur would never hurt a kid.”

I nodded at what he said, but he didn’t say anything about hurting Phil. During the phone conversation that Techno had had I understood the warning, he had warned Philza, not that Dream and Wilbur seemed to figure it out.

For a while I stayed in thought, before feeling Dream pick me up and I yelped. “You zoned out George,” he told me, carrying me to the car, following after Wilbur and Techno. My head leaned against Dream’s chest, I knew that he probably wouldn’t put me down, Wilbur already is really friendly, and I knew the pinkette wouldn’t judge because it was undercover work.

He sat me down in the passenger seat of his car, and Wilbur and Techno were in the backseat with Wilbur having a loaded gun pointed at Techno, not that the pinkette seemed to care. I looked awkwardly at my friend through the rearview mirror but didn’t say anything.

There was a quiet drive to the docks, and when Dream drove through the gates Techno gave several snarky comments. He kept on muttering things like ‘this is where you’ve been hiding out Dream?’  ‘I never took you as this basic before?’ or ‘pretty standard for a criminal, I expected better’.

“You realise I can kill you right now, right?” Dream asked. I glanced in the rearview mirror and saw Technoblade shrug, before getting slapped in the face by his brother. Eventually the car slowed to a stop and Techno was pulled out by Wilbur while I just watched. I couldn’t help but feel worried for him.
_________________________________________
1166 words

Dnf smut shall be soon (I think I put it near 69, even though I didn't mean to.

Also Technoblade never dies