Chapter 17: the warehouse

George POV.

My fingers twitched slightly when I regained consciousness, and I felt small sparks of electricity jolting between them. The first thing I realised was that I was laying on a soft bed in an otherwise cold room, my eyes fluttering open to investigate and that confirmed that.

I was on a bed with yellow sheets, in what looked like the inside of some sort of factory. The walls were all made of corrugated iron, with the only light in the room being a series of old fashioned lamps sitting on a bedside table, with a glass of water also sitting to my left.

There was a distinct smell of sea salt in the air and I noticed that there was a couch in the corner beside a desk. There were two doors in the corner, with one slightly ajar revealing a bedroom. I noticed that there was a thick smell of sea salt in the air and figured I was somewhere by the ocean.

I pulled the covers of the bed off of me and saw that I was still in the outfit I was wearing last night. The plain white shirt and the pair of jeans which I had been issued by the police station when I was taken in last night. Along with that though, I was wearing a warm hoodie overtop, it was a lighter yellow than the bedsheets and I wondered when I got it.

My thoughts trailed back to yesterday and I remembered everything that happened. I remembered being kidnapped again by the biggest psychopath in the city, being taken to the Las Nevadas casino as a plus one, the place getting raided by the police, and me getting arrested.

Then I thought about the police station, about the plan to figure out what Dream, Sapnap, and Skeppy were planning. And then of course there was the break-out. Dream had sent Punz to blow a hole in the back of the building and get me out of there, and I fell asleep some time after that.

Since I didn’t know where I was, I decided to sit back and think over what I was planning on doing. How was I supposed to find out all about their plans without seeming suspicious? How was I going to tell Techno and the others what I do find out?

The door of the room opened and I lifted my gaze to see Dream standing there. I immediately shuffled back on the bed slightly as he walked over to me and sat beside me and pulled me into a hug. For a psychopath and serial killer his touch was surprisingly gentle and I found myself leaning into him.

“I was so worried about you when the cops took you darling.” He said quietly after we’d been sitting together for a few minutes. “They could have hurt you.”
“They didn’t, don’t worry.” I responded, since I didn’t know what else to say. “Where exactly are we?” I decided to ask after a brief pause.

The blond seemed to give a sad smile from under his mask as he stood up. “We are in a warehouse,” he said. “This is where Sapnap, Skeppy, and I are staying as long as our alliance stays. It isn’t the nicest though, but this is my room.”

His gaze dropped to the watch on his wrist and he looked back up at me. “When was the last time you ate? Are you hungry?” Dream questioned, and I nodded. “Come on then, I’ll take you to get something to eat.”

I followed him out of the bedroom and through the narrow corridor outside. There were metal doors on either side of us and eventually we reached a staircase at the end of the hallway. Dream led me down the stairs and in the main room I saw a pair of ravenette’s slouching on a couch playing video games.

The pair on the couch looked up at me and immediately I saw them put down the game controllers and moved to grab their guns out of their holsters, Dream mirrored the action and pointed his gun towards them. “Don’t even think about it,” he warned the pair, loading the gun with a click.

“Sorry just being cautious,” Sapnap muttered. He moved his hand away from his gun and the gem thief beside him did the same.
“Was this your date to the casino last night?” the other ravenette asked, looking away from the screen as he looked me up and down, and I tensed thinking that maybe he had recognised me.

“Yes, this is George.” Dream introduced, "I am taking him out for breakfast." I raised an eyebrow in confusion. I had figured that he’d make me food here or have me make itt myself, but he wanted to go out in public? With his mask on would he be able to do anything without getting police attention again, but I stayed silent.

“It is nice to meet you George.” Skeppy smirked, “Dream has been talking about you all night, he was panicking when you were in jail.”
“Yeah.” Sapnap agreed with a chuckle, “when he saw that guy in the leather jacket close to you he seemed so pissed.”

“That’s enough.” Dream said firmly, but the other two ignored him.
“I thought that Dream would have taken you and the guy in the jacket and pinned you down to prove you were his by fucki-”
A gunshot went off, cutting the arsonist off and both of the criminals turned to look at Dream.

A small puff of smoke was curling above his gun, and he was pointing it at the wall between the pair of ravenette’s. They shuffled away from the hole and Dream put his gun away. “This is not a conversation you are allowed to have. Now we are going.” He put a hand on my shoulder and began leading me out of the room.

My face was still red from the thought of Dream showing the guy in the leather jacket who I belonged to. I could tell that his face was also red from under the mask, however I doubted he’d say anything about it. He led me out into the cold morning and I found that we were on the docks, with the smell of fish and sea salt mingling in the air.

He walked me over to the next warehouse and opened the door to reveal several different vehicles, including sports cars, motorbikes, and even some tanks. Dream walked me over to the same sports car he had taken me in when I was at the mall a couple of days ago.

I sat in the passenger seat and the blond got in the driver's seat, we drove in near silence while I continued to think about whether or not Dream would wear his mask, and where he would take me to eat. Eventually my question was answered as we drove down the strip, one of the flashest streets in the city. Home to a lot of flash hotels, restaurants, clubs, and casinos.

There was off the street parking for all of the restaurants here and Dream Parkes in one of them. I got out of the car and was led by Dream to a restaurant called The Crystal Dawn, which is famous for its breakfast specials. He and I walked in the restaurant with him still wearing his mask and the large group of customers all stopped their conversations to look at us.

Dream didn’t seem to care and removed his gun again, which honestly seemed like his best friend based on how much he used it. “If anyone calls the cops I will kill all of you,” he said, “now go back to ignoring us you self-entitled pricks.” At his harsh words everyone in the restaurant turned away, but I noticed them stealing occasional glances at us.

The blond ignored them as he walked to one of the nicest tables with me following behind him, and the second I sat down a waiter came over to us to ask if we wanted some drinks.
_________________________________________
1363 words.