Chapter 28: escaping an arsonists love

Karl POV.

My body felt numb and stiff as I woke up. I felt someone running their hands through my hair and rubbing small circles on my back along with the murmurs of conversation. For a few minutes I stayed still trying to figure out what had happened. I was being tortured and then Sapnap took off my mask, but what happened then?

The quiet talk was still being heard although I managed to block most of it out. My eyes opened into narrow slits to see what was around the area. Turns out there wasn’t much to see, I was facing a wall with some posters on it. Most of the posters were women in bikinis on cars, video games, and rockstars.

I was laying on a bed, at least it felt like a bed. It was quite soft and warm. My only question was whose bed was this? And why was here? Did someone rescue me from Sapnap? I couldn't remember anything that happened after the arsonist took my mask off.

Speaking of my mask, I wasn’t wearing it. It was sitting opposite me, on top of my supersuit. I was instead wearing the clothes I had been wearing underneath my suit. I tensed up at the thought that Sapnap, and at least half a dozen of his henchmen knew what I looked like now.

After I figured out where I was I began being able to focus enough to hear the voices, and heard a conversation. I didn’t dare move, not knowing who was there or what they would do if they realised I was awake. “He will probably need to rest for a while sir, some of those injuries are pretty severe.” A woman stated politely.

“I don’t care. I shouldn’t have hurt him. I feel so bad. I think he is my true love.” A familiar voice said from right behind me, I think he is the one who was playing with my hair and rubbing circles on my back. I tried not to react, but his words made me feel cautious. I didn’t believe what he said, but I wasn’t going to tell him that.

“That is very sweet of you Sapnap.” The woman responded again.
“You two must not say a word of this to anyone,” I heard Sapnap growl. “Or else I swear to god you will cut out your tongue and throw you in the next building I set on fire.”
I heard the woman mumble something in response before the door shut.

Part of me relaxed because I had less people to worry about, only the actual arsonist was in the room now, although who knows what he was planning on doing to me. I tried to remain calm and focused as I looked around the room, taking note of anything and everything that could help me escape.
I tried moving my hands, only to find they were feeling very heavy. There were some clasps tightened around each of my hands most likely with something made of steel, meaning that teleportation was off the table. Clearly they still thought I was planning on running off, which is 100% true, if I had the chance I would have disappeared to the other side of the city by now.

All the while the hand was still tracing pictures and patterns on my back, and I tried to convince myself not to melt into his soft touches. What felt like hours passed, and I was feeling stiff from being in the same position for ages. It took me a lot of effort to not move around, but I managed to lie still.

Not too much longer passed before Sapnap shifted on the bed that he had been laying on with me, I listened intently at the sound of him walking around for a few minutes before he walked out of the room.

I let out a small sigh of relief and rolled over on the bed to look at the door he had disappeared out of. I didn’t know where I was, but the smell of fish and sea salt was still in the air meaning that we were still by the ocean.

Since the ravenette had disappeared to who knows where I could take the opportunity to get out of here. I slipped out of the bed to grab my supersuit. I quickly put everything on including my mask, before heading over to the door of the room.

I opened the door and there was a pair of henchmen standing outside, guarding me? The pair spun around, to see why the door had opened, but before they could do anything I threw a punch to the man on the left, causing him to fall back in surprise.

The other guard lifted his gun and aimed it at me, but I grabbed at him, reaching past the gun and grabbing his arm, before using all my strength to throw him into the wall, in a move that Techno showed me. He was immediately unconscious and I turned to the other guard who had pulled out his walkie talkie and was warning people of my presence.

In an instant I sent a punch at him, but it was too late. He had sent out an alert, now everyone knows I am here. So I kneed him in the face instead, making the henchman fall back as blood began trailing out of it. He slumped onto the ground just like the other henchman, and I practically jumped over top of him before running down the hallway.

As I sprinted around the corner I kept an eye out for an exit, while trying to avoid running into too many people. I ran down one of several hallways, hearing people yelling to each other. I stayed quiet, knocking out anyone I came across as I continued to search for a way out.

There was a hallway full of henchmen, all of whom were running at me, and I had to act fast. I never was the best with combat, but I knew enough to beat all of these goons. One ran at me and I ducked instinctively. He swung a fist at me which I dodged underneath. A sharp warcry left my mouth as I dropped even lower and managed to plant a firm kick upwards into his chest.

He fell back and I took the opportunity to run over him as he made one last desperate grab at my legs. I was quite impressed with myself. A woman with her red hair wearing one of Dream’s masks pulled her gun from her pocket, however I managed to get close enough to elbow her causing her to drop it in panic as she let out a cry of pain.

This continued for a few minutes, continuing to punch out people who came at me. However I froze when I heard another voice. “What the hell do you mean that Jacobs is here!?” A loud voice yelled. I recognised it instantly. The sociopathic blond who was currently becoming a sugar daddy to my best friend.

I tried not to let out a sound as he yelled at someone else. Finally there was a moment of quiet where the blond sighed. “Fine, I will go look for him myself, I personally think it would be fun to be able to torture a superhero. I am not planning on going tomorrow at the least.”

Before I could react there were footsteps coming my way, and so I looked around for a place to hide so I wasn’t spotted by anyone, especially not Dream. I jumped into the closest room I could find, before pushing my weight against the door to try and keep the blond from getting in here.

I let out a few breaths I hadn’t realised I had been holding in and realised that there was a pain in one of my sides, especially right under where one of the bandages that had been put on me. Suddenly I heard a voice which made me tense up. “Karl? What are you doing here?”
_________________________________________
1358 words