Chapter 15: Precinct 65

Karl POV.

The entire night I was laying in a restless sleep. I personally don’t think that I’ll be able to sleep properly until I know my best friend is safe. I was so worried that I even started teleporting in my sleep, having been woken up by Technoblade twice when he found me sleeping; once on top of the dining table, and once in the meeting room.

But I was shaken awake by someone, and he was yelling at me at the same time. My eyes fluttered open to see Bad standing over me. “Finally you’re up, you sleepy muffinhead. Techno, and I were about to go without you.” He stated, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

“What? Why? It’s the middle of the night, where would you be going?” I questioned as I rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes.
“Antfrost called and said he found George. He’s at the 65th precinct right now! So get changed and let’s go!” I immediately stood up and Bad took a step back.

He was wearing a black and red hoodie, along with some black jeans. We were apparently meant to be looking like civilians but he honestly looked like he was about to be sent on an undercover mission. I quickly pulled on a plain shirt and then pulled a green frog overtop.

I walked into the main room where Techno, Philza, and Tommy were. All three of them were dressed in civilian clothes. “Tommy, you are not coming with us.” Philza said firmly.
“Please!” The blond teen begged, “I wanna go see Gogy!”
“You have school tomorrow,” Philza responded, causing the teenager to groan.

“But I am a superhero!” Tommy protested. “I shouldn’t be at home sleeping, I should go to the police station to rescue the missing superhero!”
“Your only power is being incredibly annoying.” Techno scoffed. “Now go back to bed before I drag you there.”

Tommy stuck his tongue out at his brother before crossing his arms and stomping off to his room. Once he was gone all of us laughed and I looked around desperately for Bad, wanting to go and get George but knowing I had to wait for the rest of the team. Eventually he came shuffling out of the hallway connecting to the bedrooms and I ran over to grab him.

“Karl, what in the name of muffins are you dragging me for?” He asked with a yelp as I pulled him over to the rest of the group.
I didn’t answer as I still held him tightly and grabbed Techno’s arm, after waving to Phil quickly, then I teleported them into an alleyway right outside the 65th precinct.

Usually teleporting myself was easy, however teleporting multiple people over a long distance often drained a lot of my energy. That was part of the reason why when the team dealt with a hostage situation or something I wouldn’t fight, because I wouldn’t have the strength to get people out of there and fight bad guys at the same time. My weapons were solely for defence.

Although right now I didn’t care about that, running faster than the flash out of the alley and into the entrance to the precinct. I wasn’t even breaking a sweat as I practically collided with the front desk. The officer sitting there was surprised when I ran in, he obviously didn’t recognise me without my supersuit on, and asked me if I needed help with anything.

“I need to talk with officer Antfrost, or Chief Awesam.” I said firmly, probably looking and sounding like a psychopath. I didn’t care about that though, all that mattered was that my best friend was somewhere in here. I could hear Techno and Bad enter the room behind me but I didn’t take my eyes off of the officer in front of me.

“Karl?” When I heard my name, I looked over to the hallway that was closed by a set of keycard protected doors. They were wide open with Antfrost standing there holding a cup of what seemed like coffee and a donut.
“Hey Ant,” I smiled, walking over to him with Techno and Bad exchanging a glance behind me.

“Do you know where George is?” I asked, trying not to look and sound as anxious as I felt. The officer immediately nodded, and beckoned for the three of us to follow him and I happily ran after him.

After walking onto the second floor of the precinct, Antfrost directed us to an individual holding cell, which is where he kept George instead of putting him in the main holding cell with all of the other perps that were brought in from less major crimes.

George was in here leaning against the wall, wearing a plain white t-shirt and a pair of black jeans which he was provided by the police. He was barefoot, but was sending small jolts of electricity towards them to stop them from getting cold. When he saw us come in the brunette leapt up excitedly, eager to see us apparently.

“Guys, you won’t believe what happened.” He began. “After I was-”
Before he could finish I grabbed him and hugged him tightly, and the Brit seemed confused but returned the hug nonetheless. “God George, where have you been?” I asked, “you went missing and then a day later you were arrested. What happened?”

I looked at my best friend and realised that I should stop rambling my worries because he needs to be able to talk, and watched as he chuckled. “I am fine Karl, but I was kidnapped by Dream. He used me as a hostage and then dropped me off at one of the safehouses. And he had two henchmen tailing me. Then he kidnapped me again and took me on a date!”

“He took you on a date?” Techno asked disbelievingly. “Why would he do that?”
George just shrugged, “who knows. But it seems that he likes me for some reason.” He walked away from me and over to Techno. “I think that if you let me, I could try and infiltrate his crew and take him down from the inside.”

He seemed hopeful, as though this was the one thing in life he was born to do, and I saw Techno internally considering what to do. “How do you know that they aren’t watching right now, Dream has a large number of hackers who could be watching us at the moment.”
“Techno you can’t consider this!” Bad objected. “He’ll be killed!”

My best friend ignored the other hero and kept looking towards the pinkette. “I’ve been altering security cameras and audio with my powers since I got here.” He laughed. “The only one of you who appeared on camera is Karl, and I cut out audio so they couldn’t hear our conversation.”
“Okay then.” Techno was still in thought, and Bad was still objecting.

“Phil is going to kill me for this.” the pinkette muttered quietly to himself, before looking at George and nodding. “Fine, is there anything you can tell us now before we go? Because we’ll have to leave you here.” George thought for a moment before nodding.

“He’s working with Sapnap, and Skeppy. I don’t know exactly what for but I think they want to take us all out.” George said, making us all pause for a moment before regaining our senses.
“Okay, is that all?” Techno asked, and after the brunette nodded, he gave him a final smile before walking out of the cell.

Bad ran up to George and enveloped him in a tight hug. “Promise that you’ll be careful George.” He said quietly, as though he was a child and not a superhero talking to another superhero. “I swear that if I need to save you I will just say the word.”
“Okay thank you Bad,” George said as they finally parted after a solid two minutes.

Then he turned to me and the two of us hugged again. I was super worried for him, and although he was smiling I could tell he was terrified too. Eventually though I stepped back and wished him luck. He gave me a small wave before I walked out of his cell and met up with Bad, Techno, and Ant, who were all standing in the hallway.
_________________________________________
1390 words.

Cheeseburger