Chapter 63: confrontations

I offered a revote and people wanted it. I couldn't be bothered writing some more story samples even though I said I would so blurbs are at the bottom of the chapter.

Along with a revolting if you want to.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

Who knows how long Sapnap and I were sitting on the edge of the building and staring over the edge, it could have been hours we’d sat in silence or maybe only ten minutes or so. However it seemed the arsonist was willing to sit here for as long as I wanted to. Not a word about why we were up here was said between us though.

My head was resting on his shoulder as the breeze played with our clothing, or actually we were both wearing his clothing. “You spend a lot of time up here on rooftops, don't you?” the ravenette asked, and I just nodded. “Well you can really see how beautiful the city is from up here, can’t you?”

I nodded as he continued to talk. “From up here it seems like so much less of a shithole. Maybe you heroes are right about this place sometimes, might not be so bad.”
“It’s not bad,” I agreed. “The city itself is okay… it’s the people who live here who aren’t okay, they are the ones who ruin it for everyone else.”

“Yep. I didn’t get into arson to ruin the city. I did it to get rid of people who deserved it, just in a fun way. I never really thought of myself as a pure villain.”
“An antihero perhaps?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He paused to consider it for a moment before nodding in agreement.

“Karl?” A voice from behind me asked, and I looked over my shoulder to see Bad standing there, on the rooftop, staring at me. His mask was on but I could tell that he was confused. Sapnap immediately stood up and seemed ready to attack my friend, but I stopped him.

“Hey Bad,” I greeted, taking some cautious steps towards my friends, there was a warrant out for my arrest so who knows what would happen.
“Hey Karl,” he responded. “What are you doing here?”
“Just thinking about stuff.” I told him.

“You realise that Philza and Techno want you arrested right?” He asked quietly, “I could tell them where you are right now, you realise that.”
“Please don’t Bad.” I said to my friend. “I know it seems bad but I promise that I haven’t given away anything to him. He knows nothing…”

“You said that he knows your identity Karl,” the hero pointed out. “And that muffinhead could be tricking you to find out information.”
“Bad, we’ve been friends for years. Do you really think that I could be manipulated like that?”

“Possibly,” he admitted, before giving me a look which I knew showed guilt since I was able to read his body language easily. “Karl if you just let me take him in then we can go home and Phil and Techno would understand everything.”
“They think I am a traitor.” I told him. “The whole city thinks that I am a traitor.”

I honestly felt close to tears, and I didn’t know what to do. Bad had been my friend for years, since the moment I first met him he has comforted me, supported me, and basically been my at-home-therapist whenever something was troubling me. Tears were appearing in my eyes as I looked up at him. “Do you think I am a traitor Bad?”

There was a moment of hesitation which didn’t help me at all. I let out a sad sound which any hero would be ashamed to have made, and leaned in towards Sapnap who had been standing quietly just watching this whole interaction. The arsonist knew what powers Bad possessed, even if he didn’t like to use them often.

“Of course I don’t think you are a traitor, you muffinhead. You are one of my best friends and I could never think that.” He admitted, “I would never dare think that.”
“Karl…” I glanced over to Sapnap who was looking warily at Bad, but not at his face and instead at his legs and I looked down at him.