Chapter 37: a date?

Gave the chapter the wrong number yesterday, sorry if anyone did get worried or anything from it.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

I sat nervously on the edge of my bed in my small room while fidgeting with my hands, unsure of what I should do. I had returned to HQ half an hour ago, and Techno and Bad were still out in the city. Philza was sitting in his office, looking over security footage for any sign of any more criminals.

Sapnap had asked me out to dinner, and I was unsure of what I should do. I mean he knew who I was, he knew my identity so if I didn’t go maybe he’d pass on the information to Dream, and Skeppy, and anyone else who he wants to tell. But I don’t feel that he has told anyone yet.

I stood up in my room, deciding to have a look at the security cameras from around the city, to see if Techno and Bad were still out or if they were heading back, since I wanted to talk to them about what I should do. There was a small part of me that I won’t tell the other heroes about that wanted to go on the date with the arsonist because I figured I would enjoy… learning about him.

All of the bedrooms in the HQ were about the same size. About 12ft by 15ft. They each had a desk for us to do paperwork, and use our computers. Beside the desk was a row of shelves which we could use for whatever we wanted. Then opposite the desk and shelves was a twin sized bed, along with a small bathroom and closet.

I walked into the closet and found myself looking through at all of the clothes that I had. There were clothes for every occasion I could get into. Clothes for warm and cold weather, clothes appropriate for my workplace, clothes to wear in our gym, and some formal clothes. I found myself staring at my formal clothes. The dress shirts and pants and overcoats.

I wondered what Sapnap would wear if we went out on a date together. Would he dress formally or casually? Would he be upset if I dressed up casually and he was dressed formally? Or if it was the other way around, would he be upset if he was dressed casually and I was dressed formally.

To distract myself from these thoughts I walked out of my room to see Bad, Techno, and Philza all sitting on the couch talking. Techno was still wearing his super suit, however Bad had changed into a baggy t-shirt and some shorts.

“Hey guys,” I greeted as I moved to sit on the couch opposite the three of them. “I have a question that I wanted to ask you guys since I want your opinion on it.” I said awkwardly, since I figured that my three friends and teammates would be able to help me decide what to do. George was usually my first choice for advice, but he was unable to talk to me at the moment.

“What do you need to ask us, Karl?” Bad asked, always being eager to help with anything that I needed. “You know we’d be happy to give you any help with anything.”
“Well, somebody asked me on a date, and I was wondering if I should say yes or no.” I said, feeling awkward about talking to them about my love life.

“Who asked you out?” Bad asked curiously. “Is he someone from your work? Is it that guy who you go to the bakery with every day?”
“No, he isn’t the guy from work.” I responded.
“Well then who is he?” Philza asked.

“It’s… Sapnap…” I murmured quietly, in a way that nobody could hear me. However Techno, unlike the other two, was superhuman. He had super hearing, and he heard what I had said.
“No! You can not go on a date with him! Why would you even think of doing that Karl!” Techno stated firmly.

“Wait what? What did he say?” Philza asked the pinkette, since he hadn’t heard what I had said originally.
“He was asked out by Sapnap.” Techno informed them both, “and I said no. You can not go on a date with him! What if he figures out you are a hero Karl?”

“Wait, is he wanting to go on a date with Sapnap the arsonist?” Bad asked, not seeming to understand what was going on still.
“No Bad,” Techno said in a mocking tone. “Karl is planning on going on a date with Sapnap the mailman.”

“Oh,” Bad muttered, picking up on Techno’s sarcastic tone. He seemed embarrassed that he had actually believed it was a different person.
“I agree with Techno, Karl. If he figures out who you are then he could kill you, or he might be able to make a connection to George.” Philza told me.

“Actually…” I let out an awkward chuckle. “Sapnap already knows who I am. He… found out when he kidnapped me the other day. I may-uh have forgotten to mention it.”
“What?” Techno asked. “He found out your identity and you forgot to tell us!” It looked as though he was about to explode, but Philza stopped him.

I sighed, “clearly this is going to be a problem. I just wanted your opinion, not a rant.” I muttered. “Nevermind then.” I stood up and walked through to the kitchen, deciding to grab something to eat and drink.

Tommy, Ranboo, and Tubbo, were all sitting at the kitchen table. They’d taken advantage of this day off school to look at all of the pictures of kids in their year from the yearbook. They were circling pictures of whoever seemed suspicious, so they could ‘launch investigations into them’, and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I grabbed a bag of sour candy out of one of the cupboards, and then went to the fridge and grabbed the last can of coke since we were out of monster. As I began walking back to my room Tommy cut me off. “Where the fuck are you going with my drink Karl?” He asked, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“This isn’t your drink Tommy.” I responded, “plus I’ve done more stuff than you have and deserve it more.”
“Not true you bitch!” Tommy responded. “I told everyone that the last can of coke is mine, so give it back!”

I rolled my eyes, not feeling bothered with putting up with the blond teen and so I just teleported back to my bedroom, landing on my bed and taking a moment to sit back up. I was kind of annoyed because teleporting made the drink shake a lot, which is obviously bad, since I didn’t want to get it everywhere. Maybe I could put it in Tommy’s room since he loves coke so much.

After sitting in thought for a few more minutes I looked at the time and saw it was almost 6pm, so after a couple bated breaths, I decided to get changed and go back to the main street.
_________________________________________
1202 words