Chapter 80: 002

Skeppy POV.

Tubbo’s whimpers were extremely audible as I led him towards the gates of the dock in the low light of the evening. Ranboo was standing right beside him, their hands brushing past each other as they walked with both of their heads low.

They were understandably worried, about Tommy, about Phil, and about the other heroes who were apparently also missing. Both of them were dressed in deep blue clothes and wearing simple cloth masks over the lower half of their faces (at Bad’s request since he didn’t want the pair to risk getting recognised).

Wilbur had approached me earlier, I’m not sure why he trusted me, but I remember what he had said to me earlier clearly.
“Hey Skep,” he greeted, as though we were lifelong friends and not week-long acquaintances.
“Hey Wilbur,” I responded with less enthusiasm as he continued .

“I was wondering something, and I was thinking you could help me with it. Would you be okay with that?” Wilbur seemed cautious, meanwhile I was curious about what he was talking about. I gave a nod and he continued. “I have set a trap for BadBoyHalo,” he informed me, “I wanted you to find him when he gets here and bring him to me.”

“Why would I do that?” I asked with a scoff, although knowing my plans with Bad, and Ranboo, and Tubbo, that might actually be a good idea. “And what trap have you set for BadBoyHalo?” I decided to continue, since that information might be useful.

“The trap is none of your concern, Skeppy.” Wilbur told me, “just bring BadBoyHalo to warehouse 002, right near the end of the dock, and I’ll make it worth your while.”
I waited for a moment, considering his offer, or at least making it seem like I was considering his offer before nodding. “Fine, I’ll bring you Bad, but I get to hang around and see what you do.”

“Of course, you’ll get to see the whole show.” The brunette reassured me with a smile, and I smiled in return but didn’t say anything. After that Wilbur had walked off, leaving me alone with a quizzical expression on my face for a moment before I went back to what I was doing, which was grabbing the uniforms for Ranboo and Tubbo.

That was a couple of hours ago, and now I was leading Ranboo and Tubbo towards the edge of the docks, and then I saw someone jumping over the fence. It was kind of hard to tell in the fog, but as Ranboo, Tubbo, and I walked closer I noticed it was Bad.

He landed on the concrete and took a moment to brush the grit off of his uniform, then looked around cautiously, although his gaze never shifted in our direction once. “BadBoyHalo,” I called out when we got closer, and the hero seemed shocked that someone had spotted him, but noticeably relaxed slightly when he saw it was us.

“We’ve been expecting you.” I continued, watching him quietly as I closed the distance between us, and Ranboo and Tubbo were only a few steps behind me, following in sinc.
“I was told to be here,” Bad replied, acting as though in this scenario we were enemies as he raised his hands slightly as a form of surrender.

I nodded, and then walked over to him, grabbing Bad’s arms so that he couldn’t fight back, although making sure that I wasn’t hurting him at the same time. Ranboo and Tubbo both seemed relieved that he was here safely, and Bad was clearly feeling the same way about them, as I began leading the three of them in the direction of warehouse 002, per Wilbur’s request.

Karl POV.

It had taken a while for all of our eyes to get used to the dark, but once we all had we could barely make out each other’s outlines walking back and forth in the cold room. George’s electricity was the only source of light, but he was losing a lot of his energy just creating a small glow to make it so we weren’t completely in the dark.

“Foolish, are you okay?” I asked the physicist, who was sitting on the ground with his knees pulled up to his chest and his arms wrapped around them, like a scared child, not that I could blame him.

As I saw him I couldn’t help but feel guilty that I had the opportunity to protect him, way back at the Beast tower and I failed. Plus, I have been here at the docks for days and didn’t attempt to rescue him once, the one time I planned to was the day that Techno died, which is my fault overall since I should have been more prepared.

“I’m fine,” Foolish responded, “or at least I’m not injured or anything if that’s what you mean, just worried.” He let out an audible sigh and pushed his knees further to his chest. “What will happen to Sam and Ponk?”
“They are both okay.. for now at least,” Philza answered. “They are worried about you though.”

“I figured,” he muttered, “I miss them.” A silence fell into the room after that for a few moments before Foolish spoke up again. “Karl, did you get caught when I called you? Is that why you’re here?” I shook my head.
“Kind of… but not really. It’s a long story.”

“Oh, okay.” Foolish seemed saddened by my words, and he muttered an apology under his breath, clearly blaming himself for me being there.
“It’s not your fault, Foolish, I probably would have ended up here either way in all honesty.”

“How?” he questioned, before realising how intrusive that might be and shrinking back slightly with a ‘nevermind’. I didn’t dare look over at Phil during this, he knew what I was going to tell my friend and I didn’t want him to tell me I couldn’t. I just felt bad about what happened and didn’t want Foolish to blame himself.

“Well, long story short, I am a superhero.” As soon as the words left my mouth I could feel Philza’s gaze burning into my back with an unreadable expression
Foolish’s eyes were wide. “Really?” He asked, “what powers do you have?”
“Teleportation,” I answered.

“Does that mean you can get us out of here?” He asked excitedly, but his hopeful expression disappeared in an instant when I shook my head.
“I can’t teleport through steel, and that is what the walls are made of. Plus these bracelets are made of steel and have fingerprint ID so I can’t even if there were no walls.”

My explanation made him sigh, but he seemed to have expected that as he said, “I figured it would be that-”
He was cut off as the door to the room was flung open, making all of us cringe away from the bright light as it entered the room.
_________________________________________
1162 words.

New story will be up tomorrow! It is Manipulation High and the first two chapters will be there, so feel free to go check it out.