Chapter 73: family reunion

Philza POV.

The cliche sack that had been pulled over my head was whipped off, and I squinted as I adjusted to the light. My eyes narrowed in confusion as I felt the ropes binding me to the chair tightening. Who the hell knew where I was, it was dark except for the ominous light hanging above me, meaning that the circle of light around me was all I could see.

As I got adjusted to the limited amount of light I thought back to what had happened, although there wasn’t much to remember. Bad was standing at the podium giving a speech when someone firmly grabbed my shoulder and then… nothing.
I sighed as I settled into the chair, trying to focus on what was going on.

“Hello Phil,” I heard a familiar voice say, and my eyes widened as I stared into the darkness, only to see my son standing there, staring back at me.
“Hello Wilbur,” I responded, barely giving him a reaction and just staring into his eyes.

“It’s been a while hasn’t it?” He asked, stepping in the light so I could see him better. It had been almost a decade since I’d seen my son and I’ll admit he changed a lot. He was a lot taller, his hair messily balanced on his head and a pair of round glasses perched over his nose. As I stared at him he stared back at me, although mainly just waiting to see my reactions.

“Did you kidnap me?” I asked him in a demanding tone. “On the day your brother died you kidnapped your father? And what about Tommy? Where is he?” I sounded a lot more confident in myself than I actually was.
“Tommy is fine.” My older son reassured. “Why would I hurt my favourite… my only brother?”

“What do you want?” I decided to ask him, “and why did you come back after being gone all these years?”
“Because Phil. You and Technoblade seemed so certain that I couldn’t be a superhero and I knew I had to prove you both wrong.”

“And you think by… what? killing me you’d become a hero?” I resisted the urge to chuckle but Wilbur smiled at me.
“Techno said the same thing. It is strange how much you two have in common.” Wilbur noted.

“So you’ve seen Techno recently?” I asked quietly, “when? Have you been watching our family since we came back?”
“Yes. I saw him last night in fact.” The brunette said smugly, and that made me freeze as I looked up at him.

“You saw him?” I repeated, about to ask how and when before I figured it out. He had something to do with Techno being kidnapped. He had something to do with Techno being dead. With his body being missing. “You were there when he died?” I said cautiously, wanting to hear that it wasn’t true, but Wilbur didn’t say anything.

“I saw what happened.” My son responded. “Bleeding out and drowning while chained to a chair. He forced Jacobs to abandon him and save himself.”
My muscles tensed and I looked away as tears pricked in my eyes. Wilbur was still watching me and out of the corner of my eye I saw him pull something out of his pocket.

When I managed to focus through the blurry tears I saw it was a phone in his hand… my phone in fact. “Why do you have that?” I questioned.
“There is one person I am yet to get, that’s why.” Wilbur told me. “So I need to make a phone call, but that can wait for now, until then I want to see my brother.”

Tommy POV

There was a dim light over me when I woke up, and I sat up, looking around in confusion. I was laying in a bedroom, it was almost empty but I could tell it was still a bedroom. Opposite where I lay was a closet, and a desk with a mirror hanging above it, and two doors. In the mirror I could see my reflection laying on the bed, seeming just as dazed as me.

My eyes narrowed and I tried to keep calm, wondering what Big Man would do in this situation before remembering… I am Big Man.
And since I was such an amazing superhero I could get through all of this, right? I just had to keep calm and figure out where I was and how I could get out of here.

It was simple, right? Before I could make any moves one of the two doors opened and a pair of people stepped inside, both of whom I recognised vaguely. They smiled at me as I sat up to look at them. “Hey Tommy,” the brunette said, and he walked over to sit beside me. “How are you feeling?” He asked the second question cautiously.

“Wilbur? I responded, tilting my head slightly. I mean I could have been wrong (for the first time in my life). It had been over ten years since I last saw my brother. I was probably only seven or eight. “Is it really you?”
The brunette nodded, and I ditched my utter manliness for a moment to hug my brother.

“I missed you,” he told me as he held me close. “The thing I regret most about going, was leaving you with Phil and Techno, you and I should have gone together.”
“It’s fine.” I responded, as we pulled away from our hug and just smiled at each other, and I got a good look at my brother for the first time in a decade.

But then I looked past him as someone else who I hadn't seen in years. A blond wearing a green hoodie and with piercing green eyes. It took me a little longer to recognise him, but after I did it was completely obvious. This was the face of Techno’s best friend when I was a kid.

Clay had pretty much been inseparable with my two older brothers until Wilbur left. I remember often when they had free time I’d want to join them, ask them if I could hang out with them and they always would let me.

Both Wilbur and Clay stood facing me smiling, and I gave them a wide toothy grin in return before pausing as I remembered what happened. “Wait… do you know where Phil is?” I asked them both worriedly. “I was with him, then I saw someone grabbing him before someone grabbed me right after.”

The pair exchanged a glance before turning back to me and Wilbur sighed. “I don’t think you’ll be able to see Philza for a while…” he told me.
There was a moment of me just sitting there and I lowered my gaze before hearing Wilbur let out an awkward, obviously fake, cough. “We probably need to go, but I’ll be back later Tommy.”

As I looked up at them they had already shut the door, and as I jumped up to follow them I heard the door lock with a terrifying click. “Shit,” I muttered quietly as I was left alone in near darkness.
_________________________________________
1200 words

I lied it wasn't 1200 words, but I wanted it to be a nice neat number.