Chapter 41: romantic, drunken evenings

Dream POV.

George watched me pay with a small smile on his face, probably glad that I didn’t just walk out of the restaurant, which I could have done but I didn’t want him to nag me about it on the drive home. I considered taking him back to the warehouse but he hasn’t been back to his house for a while so I figured he might want to go there.

He seemed immensely tired as he leaned against the window of the car, seeming in a dazed state as I drove along the roads. I remembered the address he had told me over a week ago and slowed to a stop opposite his apartment, and then he seemed to come back to reality. The brunette thanked me and stepped out of the car and before I knew it I was following him.

“Do you want some company tonight?” I offered, “we could play a board game, or watch some tv or something.” Part of me had felt bad of leaving him alone when he was drunk, or at least that is what I told myself.
George seemed hesitant for a moment before he tentatively nodded, and I found myself smiling from under my mask, however I had put my mask back into position so he couldn’t see.

He walked into the apartment building with me following behind him, and I was quite disgusted by the quality of the place. The wallpaper was dirty and peeling, revealing the brick wall behind it, the floorboards were uneven and creaked as we walked. George walked up several flights on the narrow staircase before walking down a hallway with me a few feet behind.

Eventually he unlocked a door near the end of the hallway and walked inside with me following after him, and the feeling of disgust worsened. The furniture was stuffed in the room with not much room to move around, it was incredibly cold, and the smell of dust filled the air. George walked around without hesitation, able to avoid bumping into anything.

After a few minutes of getting organised he looked over at me and gave a wry smile, asking if I wanted something to eat. I shook my head and walked around the room, taking a moment to look into the bedroom and bathroom and seeing both rooms looked just as disgusting as the main room.

George watched me looking into the two rooms as he walked over to the couch and sat down in front of the tv. He put on a movie and I moved to sit down beside him. George was leaning on my shoulder as he watched the movie and I felt a light blush fall over my cheeks.

I tried desperately to make it go away. A heartless criminal should not show this much emotion towards anyone, especially not a goodie two shoes brunette with a British accent. I will need to stop being so lovey dovey. Maybe a Joker and Harley Quinn relationship.

However as I looked down at the brunette who had dozed off and was now sleeping soundly on my shoulder I knew that that probably wouldn’t be possible. How could a human be so pretty? It is impossible. Any part of me that wanted rid of him, wanted him gone because he could be a weakness, was overpowered by a desire to keep him close to me.

I smiled at him and picked the brunette up. I could take him back to the warehouse, but I was feeling tired due to several days without sleep and so I decided to carry him through to the bedroom instead. George and I hadn’t bothered to change into nicer clothes when we went out to dinner so he was wearing a hoodie and a pair of pants which seemed comfortable enough.

Once I laid him down under the covers I slid under beside him, making sure that I wasn’t actually touching him. As much of a criminal I was, I am not the type to do intimate stuff to people if they are not comfortable with it. For a few minutes I stayed watching Georgie, before feeling myself getting tired.

Sapnap POV.

After we had started drinking anything tense that was between the two of us began to fade away quickly. The two of us got on surprisingly well. As well as a hero and villain can get on and better. It was quite sad when the night was over because it meant that we’d go back to fighting on the street.

The brunette was so drunk he could barely walk straight and was leaning most of his weight on me. Once I had paid and walked Karl outside he gave me a wry smile, barely able to stay staring at me without stumbling.

“Are you okay to get home on your own?” I offered, feeling genuinely concerned. “I could take you somewhere, or get you a hotel room.”
Karl cut me off with a shake of his head. “I’ll be a fine Snapmap~” he slurred, “I can just teleport home. You just go to that warehouse place, m'kay?”

Karl gave me a weak smile before disappearing in a quick blur. The smile that had been on my face faded slightly as I saw him disappear. Part of me had hoped that I could spend time with him a little longer. I let out a sigh and turned to leave, heading down an alleyway to where I stowed my car.

Before I got too far though I heard the sound of a glass bottle clattering and someone coughing. My eyes narrowed at the sounds, and I grabbed my gun, waiting for any ambush that might happen in the next minute or so.

However the gargled, sound of my name brought me to attention. A desperate beg of someone for me to come find them, and I cautiously headed in the direction of the sound, with my gun still at the ready.

As I turned the corner I saw Karl slumped against a wall, and that just confused me, but I ran up to him. He was breathing heavily and I noticed that he was soaking wet. However a lopsided smile appeared on his face when he saw me and I helped him up.

“Karl?” I questioned, “I thought you left. Why are you back here? And… Why are you wet?”
“I forgot where to go and teleported into a pool~” He muttered tiredly, seeming close to falling asleep even though he was freezing cold and wet.
“You forgot where you live?” I asked, trying to hold back a laugh at the thought.

“Kinda. I could’ve walked, but then Techno will catch me. He’s scary when he’s mad.” The brunette leaned tiredly on me as I scooped him up, since he was stumbling and shivering too much to walk anywhere on his own quickly.
“I know that he’s scary when he’s mad. He’s as terrifying as Dream.” I admitted.

I reached the other end of the alleyway as the hero continued to mutter random things, and then seemed to grow interested again as I walked him over to my car. Part of me considered dropping him off at a hotel, but then I decided against it.

If I am eventually going to fuck him I’d rather do it in the privacy of my own room instead of some musty old one that has been slept in by strangers hundreds of times before. That was my logic behind this at least. So I allowed the hero to doze off as I began heading towards the docks.
_________________________________________
1275 words.