Chapter 19: what you think

Sapnap POV.

Skeppy and I strolled down the street, looking for a place to sit and relax and have a drink. We couldn’t see any place where either of us wanted to stop since most of the bars were overly crowded. Usually this didn’t bother any of us, since we’d throw out anyone who had a seat that one of us wanted.

Eventually the two of us saw a bar that seemed quiet, and we decided to go in there. It was nearly empty, less than ten people were sitting around with their own drinks. A lot of the people sitting in there looked over at the pair of us when we walked in. Skeppy and I ignored all of the weird looks and the whispering as we walked over to the bartender.

“Get me some vodka.” I said as I leaned on the bar counter, and the bartender nodded quickly as he grabbed a bottle off of the shelf.
He gave me a worried smile, probably thinking that I’d kill him if I wasn’t satisfied with my drink, which in all honestly I probably would do.

I stood to the side as Skeppy grabbed himself a beer and then the two of us sat at a table and drank in near silence. A lot of people in the bar were all watching us worriedly. They looked away again when I glared at them with a snarl.

As I looked around I noticed someone sitting at a table a few feet away from me which made me freeze. It was the brunette that George was friends with. He was sitting drinking a beer while talking quietly to his friend who was sitting opposite him with a glass of water. The brunette was wearing the exact same frog hoodie and everything.

Without even realising it I started staring at him, and was only brought out of my thoughts when Skeppy waved in front of my face to get my attention. “What the hell are you staring at Sapnap?” He asked quietly, before following my gaze to see Karl.

“Are you staring at that boy?” He went on to ask, and I gave a small nod.
“Yeah.” I admitted. “He seems kinda cute, plus I recognise him. He’s friends with Dream’s new boy toy.” Skeppy hummed at what I said as he adjusted his chair so he could see the pair at the other table I was staring at.

“Please don’t tell me you’re going to ditch me to have a hook-up with him.” The ravenette sighed, and I rolled my eyes.
“I thought that the entire plan of today was to get a hook-up so we didn’t end up feeling like third wheels around Dream.” I said jokingly.

Skeppy just rolled his eyes at me, but I noticed him watching the pair too, although his attention didn’t seem to be on the same person that I was staring at. I didn’t even notice that the glass I was drinking from had emptied and now I was just sipping on air as I sat quietly admiring the brunette in the frog hoodie.

They seemed to notice that Skeppy and I were watching them which made them both uneasy. Their shoulders were tense, their hands shook as they held their glasses, and they kept glancing over in our direction constantly. I told myself it was because they’d never seen someone as handsome as me, although I knew it was because we were notorious criminals.

Eventually I decided that I was done staring at the grey eyed brunette and wanted to use the bathroom. I walked off after exchanging a silent glance with Skeppy. I walked over to the bathroom at the back of the bar and headed inside it. Not even ten seconds later I heard someone outside the door and ducked inside a stall without bothering to lock it.

My eyes narrowed slightly as I heard the door quietly open and light footsteps walking in my direction. When the person walked past the stall I was in I threw open the door and quickly grabbed them, pulling them back inside the stall and pinning them against the wall.

I looked at the person who I’d pinned there and grabbed a gun to shoot them before realising it was the brunette who I had been staring at. He was shocked that I’d grabbed him and I immediately backed up and returned my gun to its holster. “Sorry.” I muttered, “I thought you were someone else.”

He was still standing where I had pinned him to the wall and lowered his hands before shuffling away from the wall. “That’s okay.” He responded, and I found myself in love with his voice, although I kept my composure. We just stayed staring with each other.

Eventually I stepped out of the stall and gave him an apologetic look, before holding out my hand to him. “My name is Sapnap.” I introduced myself, and he looked at it tentatively for a second before quietly replying.
“I know who you are.” Was what he said. “I also know what you do.”

I hummed at his words, since I too would probably be slightly worried if an amazingly handsome ravenette bad boy who started a lot of fires was talking to me. He was just staring at me and I smirked. “You know the way conversations work is that after I introduce myself you introduce yourself.” I reminded the pretty brunette.

“I’m Karl,” he responded quietly, after a moment of hesitation between the two of us. My smile widened as I heard his voice again. I usually do drugs and alcohol but I could definitely get drunk off hearing his voice.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you Karl.” I responded.

“Y’know Karl,” I began again with a hum. “You are very pretty. Would you mind if I stole you a drink, or brought you one if that’s what you prefer.”
Karl giggled at my joke, and his laughter was just as sweet as his voice. “I don’t think I can right now, my friend probably wouldn’t like me getting a drink from an arsonist.”

At the word ‘arsonist’ I let out a fake, over dramatic gasp. “I am so much more than an arsonist. And I can make you forget about the fact that I set fire to stuff fairly quickly after you are with me.” The brunette looked confused at what I said.
“How?” He asked, and my smirk widened which helped him figure it out.

“No! Gross! Why would you say that!” He asked, and I chuckled as I leaned closer to him, close enough that he could feel his breath on my ear and I could feel his against my neck.
“I didn’t say anything, but it’s good to know what you think of at the thought of the two of us.” I teased, and he blushed slightly.

“I-I should probably be going now.” He stammered slightly as he shuffled around me and towards the door of the bathroom.
“Okay, come find me if you want to do whatever it was you were thinking about!” I called out, making him even more red.

He scurried out of the bathroom and I followed him a moment later. He still looked like a tomato and I watched as he muttered something to his friend, and they both glanced over in my direction before standing up and walking out of the bar.

I sighed as I sat beside Skeppy who smirked. “How did it go?” He asked, before glancing at the door with a smirk.
“I think that’s obvious.” I scoffed, and the ravenette seemed confused when I started smirking.
“Why are you so happy if he walked out on you?” He questioned. “Didn’t you want a hookup?”

“Because Skep. I always like a challenge.” I hummed.
At those words my friend chuckled, but before I could ask about the boy who had caught his interest my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and muttered a swear word. Without even saying anything to Skeppy he knew we needed to leave and the two of us stood up.
_________________________________________
1366 words