Chapter 16: the escape

Dream POV.

Sapnap sat beside me as we watched security footage of the 65th precinct. I had looked over the cameras of every other police station in the city and hadn’t seen a sign of George until I got here. He was sitting in a cold cell with only a t-shirt and a pair of standard issue jeans which all of the people in holding get offered if they are wearing an outfit considered ‘inconvenient’.

After what happened in the casino I returned to the warehouse on the docks and had been waiting impatiently for Punz to break George out of the cell and bring him back here. Skeppy was off organising his henchmen for something which he didn’t tell us, and Sapnap had decided to watch the security cameras with me.

The only difference between this station and every other shitty one in the city was the fact that this one had an adorable brunette sitting in a cold cell looking miserable. I watched the flickering, staticy footage of him before seeing the door of the cell open and another brunette walking in.

Even though I was probably 100 miles from the prison my hand trailed down to my gun and I tightened my grip around the handle. The brunette who was in the room with George was wearing a frog hoodie and seemed like the furthest thing from a cop as you could get (besides being a criminal though).

Despite the fact that the footage was almost entirely covered in static which wove over the screen in a wave-like format. I couldn’t help but notice out of the corner of my eye, Sapnap was staring intently at the camera now.

“What?” I asked, feeling slightly weirded out by the ravenette’s intense staring. My eyes shifted between the arsonist and the screen as I tried to figure out what he was looking at.
“That brunette there, the one in the frog hoodie. He’s cute.” Sapnap let out a content sigh as he stared at him.

“You can barely see him.” I commented, leaning closer to the pixelated screen. I could make out the features of both brunettes who were talking in the room.
“He’s cute though, even though I can barely see him, I know that he is adorable.” Sapnap let out another content sigh.

I rolled my eyes at him. My eyes stayed on the screen as I watched the pair talking, I wish that I could hear George’s voice again. He had a hypnotic British accent that sounded sweet to my ears. After a few minutes of them being together the unnamed brunette walked out of the room.

George was alone in the room for a few more minutes before one of the officers reappeared and led him out of the room too. They walked out of the room and I switched cameras to see George being moved into the main holding cell, where there were several other dangerous looking criminals.

My eyes narrowed and I was getting impatient waiting for Punz to go get the brunette. I kept staring at all of the other people in the cell with George and saw a couple of them walking up to him and talking to him. I didn’t know what they were saying, but if they tried anything I knew that I’d make them wish they were dead.

George POV.

A couple minutes after Karl left, Antfrost returned and led me out of the small cell he had put me in. I was directed into the main holding cell and saw about half a dozen other convicts who were brought in. Some were dressed in hoodies and jeans, others were dressed in clothes similar to the outfit I was wearing.

I decided to sit down and wait to see what would happen, but before I even got a minute to breathe a man walked over to me. He was wearing a leather jacket and a pair of dark blue jeans. “Hey there,” he greeted, sitting down beside me and sliding closer so there was no room between the two of us.

“Hi.” I responded, shuffling further away from him as I smelt a fierce stench of weed and alcohol which made me scrunch up my nose.
“So what is a pretty thing like you in here for?” He asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and making me tense up.

“I was at the Las Nevadas casino, like a lot of the other criminals who were brought in, and got arrested when there was a police raid.” I informed him, thinking that maybe if he thought I was involved with that he’d keep his distance, but it just did the opposite.
“Really?” The man purred, pulling me even closer to him. “I’ve always liked bad boys~”

His hand trailed down to my thigh and began stroking it gently, and I tried to push him off but he didn’t let me. “C’mon darling. I know that you want this.” He hummed, pushing his hand up further. My fists balled up and I sent a small electric shock into his body, which made him yelp and scoot back a couple of inches.

A smirk appeared on my face and I was about to readjust myself to relax, but the man slid back over to sit next to me again. “Don’t be scared,” he hummed, “I don’t bite. I’ll behave for you, and none of the cops are watching.” My eyes narrowed and I was about to shock him again with a jolt powerful enough to paralyse him but was stopped with a loud explosion.

The wall at the back of the holding cell exploded, sending rubble into the room and making all of the other people in the cell back up to avoid getting hurt. The cell was on the second floor of the precinct and some of the more curious people in here walked towards the rubble to see what happened.

Before anyone got close though a masked figure jumped off of the roof and landed in front of the other criminals. All of us recognised the smiley face mask that the man who jumped in was wearing. The black mask with the white smile. I knew who it was, Punz. He was wearing the same outfit I saw him in yesterday, a white hoodie with a golden chain.

I figured what he had come for and his gaze immediately locked onto me. I watched as he walked over to me and held his hand out to me. “C’mon, we’re going.” He said without adding anything else. I gave a small nod and walked over to him, taking his hand and he pulled me towards him as he grabbed out his gun, then he saw the man in the leather jacket staring.

Punz scoffed from behind the mask. I heard a bit of static coming from a com in his ear and after a moment he turned his gun on the man and shot him. “Dream doesn’t like people touching what is his.” He said as the man fell to the floor, and I have to admit seeing that asshole being killed did make me happy.

“You need to do exactly what I tell you.” Punz said quietly, “otherwise I’ll kill you and then Dream will kill me, got it?” I nodded at him, then watched as he turned his gun towards the cops who had been running into the room and yelled things at Punz, telling him to drop his weapon and surrender.

Obviously Punz didn’t do that. He pulled me towards the explosion and instructed me to jump down. I have jumped from buildings higher than two stories easily, however I can’t let him know that. “Jump.” Punz repeated, continuing to fire out rounds and reload quickly, not taking his eyes off of the officers who were shooting at him.

“How?” Punz rolled his eyes at what I asked and sighed, seemingly already over waiting for me to jump on my own.
“Nevermind.” He muttered, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me down while I was pressed into his side. He was stronger than I expected, but I landed unharmed.

Several of the people who were in the holding cell were also jumping down, but they were less successful. Punz had let go of my waist and grabbed my arm instead, beginning to lead me down a different direction. He led me through a maze of alleyways, occasionally running out onto the street and pulling me between cars.

Eventually he led me into a parking garage and over to a black van, he led me over to it and opened the back door of the van. “You can sleep in here, since you are probably tired.” Punz said, I gave him a small smile and slid into the backseat without saying anything.
_________________________________________
1482 words