Chapter 79: search

Bad POV.

I wandered through the thick fog which seemed to be constantly surrounding the docks, like a wall seperating what was going on in there from the outside world. I was a little nervous, and I refused to go in early, since the person on the phone said if I arrived at the wrong time then he’d kill someone.

It was just before 5pm, and I finally decided to go inside, overwhelmed with worry and eagerness to find my friends, even though I knew it was probably irrational and I knew one of us could get hurt. Without waiting too long to think about it, or to even find a gate or another entrance so I could get in easily, I instead began climbing the fence.

Obviously I was tense, after all, for all I knew my friends could all be dead by now. Oh gosh I hope that they aren’t dead. Then there was Skeppy, who had brought some of his henchmen’s gear for Ranboo and Tubbo to wear. I felt that I could trust Skeppy, or at least I hoped I could.

As far as I could tell, Skeppy could be trusted. He has been nice to me, plus he said that he wanted a favour and why would he turn on me before he can cash that favour in? Or maybe he has already killed Ranboo and Tubbo, or captured them.

If that was the case then I was a terrible superhero, I had told the pair to trust him, and if something happened then it would be my fault. Just another thing to add to the list of things that I had ruined, since I was clearly a terrible superhero. Now I could be to blame for letting George, and Karl,  and Tubbo, and Ranboo, and Philza, and Tommy, get kidnapped.

My fists clenched tightly as I thought of that, and I paused for a moment, meaning I was about five feet off the ground, hanging onto a chain link fence. I knew that if I was too angry or too panicked then I wouldn’t be able to focus enough on getting my friends back, so I needed to calm down.

I took several deep, slow breaths, all the while my gloved fingers stung as they wrapped around links in the fence. The wind and my weight caused the fence to sway a bit but I managed to ignore it until I was feeling calm, or as calm as you could be when you were needing to rescue your friends who had been kidnapped, then I continued climbing over the fence.

Once I landed on the cold concrete, I got a nose full of sea salt and fish, and I resisted the urge to gag as I brushed the grit off of my suit and began walking in the direction of a group of warehouses, hoping to remain in the shadows.

Dream POV.

“Where are they?” Sapnap asked desperately, his eyes wide with worry and fear as he practically rushed around the room, checking every crack and crevice for a sign of Karl and George, even though we had already checked the room about five times already.

Punz was standing in the door of the room, seeming awkward as he tried to get a word in, however most of the things he was saying were impossible to hear over the ravenette’s freak out. “You don’t need to worry, Sapnap,” he reassured. “We have all of your men, and all of Dream’s men, out looking for them. They will be found eventually.”

There was a reluctant nod from the arsonist as he stared blankly in front of him, clearly feeling worried about Karl, although I couldn’t pretend I was any better. “Why would they have gone anyway?” I wondered out loud. “Why now of all times?”
“Maybe because you finally let your guard down,” Punz shrugged.

‘That explains how… but not why,’ I thought, although I decided not to respond, not at the moment at least.
“Soooooo… what do you plan on doing with them if you find them?” Punz prompted us, even seeming eager to hear about it.

Sapnap and I simply exchanged a glance, neither of us really knowing how to answer that question, especially with Punz in the room, but the platinum blond kept rattling off ideas of how to deal with George and Karl eagerly. “Are you two going to kill them? Or if you aren't, are you going to be giving them to your henchmen? Y’know like how Dream did with his last ex.”

“I’m going to be keeping Karl alive,” the ravenette stated, without even a moment of hesitation, before sending me a glance as a way of silently asking what I was planning on doing.
“I’ll probably do the same,” I agreed, and Punz gave us a somewhat annoyed look, but it quickly brushed over to an excited one.

“So you two will find them and bring them back and then what? Make them work for you as worthless servants? Kill their friends or family members to show that they shouldn’t disobey you?” I side eyed Sapnap who also looked unsure over whether or not he agreed with Punz’s words.

The platinum blond continued talking excitedly, but eventually I silenced him with a motion from my hand. “What we plan on doing is our business, if we want to tell you then we will, but if we don’t, then you aren’t allowed to know. So don’t ask.” I glowered.

Punz took a tentative step back away from me so that he was now in the hallway. “Okay,” he said quietly, “well Wilbur wanted me to help him with something so I’ll see you later… boss.”
Before Sapnap or I could say or do anything he sprinted off, but at the moment I could ignore him.

By the time I turned away from the door I saw Sapnap on his phone, calling somebody and asking if they had any sign of Karl yet. When he hung up the phone and let out a disappointed sigh I knew that meant there was no sign of George either, because they were most likely together.

It honestly seemed like Sapnap was close to tears by this point, and I honestly felt the exact same. George and Karl were different from everyone else. Every other person I had dated had been only worried about keeping me happy to save their own skin, George was the only one who didn’t seem to be with me for a selfish reason, or for survival.

When Sapnap and I had come to find the room empty we were worried, understandably. We sent all our men to search the entire docks. Sapnap’s men searched one side, my men searched another side, and Wilbur even offered to help search half a dozen of the warehouses with Punz.

“Maybe we should call the police,” Sapnap suggested, and I raised my eyebrow at him from under the mask.
“Are you sure that that is a good idea?” I asked him. “We could get arrested if they discover who’s calling, and would they willingly give us George and Karl if they found them?”

“They don’t need to know,” the ravenette added, “we can use a voice changer and just take off our masks, or have one of our men, go and get them for us.”
I let out a sigh, “fine, but only if we can’t find them with our men first.”
“Deal,” Sapnap responded, and then he ran out of the room, possibly to continue his search.
_________________________________________
1265 words