Chapter 39: Kinoko and Karen

Oh no! Not a Karen.

Anyway everyone remember to live, laugh, love, and have your daily essential oils. #antivaxlife #facebookmomsrule 😘✌️
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

There was a bit of a tense atmosphere between Sapnap and I after what had just happened. I mean how do you have a good date or anything if someone attempted to mug you, and then you witnessed one of the muggers get killed in front of you by your date.

Sapnap took my hand and he led me out of the alleyway and back onto the strip. We walked underneath the casinos and hotels and restaurants that were several stories high, deciding where we should eat. Eventually Sapnap led me to a restaurant which he claimed was one of the best in the city.

It was a restaurant named Kinoko, and was rated one of the best date night spots in the city. It offered a range of food from a range of different countries, and was well known for good quality food and fast and reliable service. “Sapnap, did you manage to get us a table in here? Usually people have to book months in advance!”

“Quackity owns a lot more businesses than just the casino.” He explained as he walked through the sliding glass doors of the building. “One of them is this place, so we get VIP treatment.”
There was a quiet chatter filling the entrance hall, which had white marble walls and floors with gold rimmed decorations.

A host was standing at a table to allow people in, there was a couple standing there who both seemed to be in their mid forties with the woman yelling at the host. “What do you mean there is no table for me! I booked in for our anniversary two weeks ago!” She screamed at the poor host.
“I’m sorry ma’am, but there are no reservations for anyone of the name you told me.”

“How can that be the case! I’ve come here a heap of times! I will call the police if you do not let us in!” She continued to scream, while shouting insults at the man.
“Ma’am, if you keep shouting I will have someone escort you out!” The host said firmly.
“But there is a table right there, one of the best spots and it is empty, let us take it!”

“That table is reserved for a VIP couple, bosses orders.” The host informed her.
“Who is this VIP then?” The woman asked. “Are they somebody we would know? The mayor perhaps? Because I don’t think anyone deserves that spot if they aren’t here yet!”
“Actually ma’am I think you will find that the VIP guest is… behind you.”

The woman spun around to see Sapnap standing here next to me and her face instantly paled. “Do you have a problem?” The ravenette asked the woman, and she immediately shook her head, saying that there was a misunderstanding.

It seemed like Sapnap couldn’t be bothered putting up with her and he was going to shoot her, but he changed his mind, instead turning to look at her husband who had been standing quietly the entire time. “If I were you I’d tell your wife when she is being insane, if I have to put up with her again I will probably not leave her alive.”

The man nodded, assuring Sapnap that he would do that before beginning to scurry out of the restaurant while dragging his wife who was screaming like a child. Sapnap clenched his fists tightly, but ignored her as he turned back to look at the host. “Sorry you had to witness that,” the host muttered, averting his gaze from the arsonist.

“It’s fine,” Sapnap muttered in a neutral tone, although gripping my hand tightly made me know that he did not think it was fine. “Can we be taken to our seats?”
The host nodded and began walking us towards the glass staircase which led up to the second floor where the VIP tables were.

This restaurant was well known and is often compared to the gardens of Babylon, the inside of the building was filled with well kept plants that towered up to the roof as though we were in a jungle. With wooden pathways leading to each table. Somehow this wasn’t a major health code violation

Birds, lizards, and insects all lived here, and although the doors were open they preferred this warm tropic environment then the cold outdoors. They stayed among the trees or under rocks, and the biggest problem was the insects, which were kept at bay by lavender candles at each table.

Right by the staircase we were led up was a large waterfall, with some small frogs hopping around and trying their luck at catching insects which flew near the water. Swimming around among the amphibians and the water lilies were some koi.

This place was known as ‘the celebrity hotspot’ for dinners and the such, just like a lot of Quackity’s other businesses. They enjoyed the fact that they could wear whatever they wanted in this humid restaurant no matter what time of year it was. Plus it was exclusive, there were twenty five tables which only seated two each.

There was a walkway around the edge of the second floor, with only eight tables up here spaced out evenly. These were considered the vip tables since there was a lot of natural lighting and there was a better view. Sapnap and I were seated and the host scurried off to find us both some menus.

I had heard about the Kinoko restaurant several times yet had never been here, and found myself looking around in wonder at the scenery. A smile appeared on my face as a butterfly with dark black and purple wings fluttering past, which caught my attention.

Sapnap couldn’t help but smirk at my appearance. “For someone with a job like yours you seem surprisingly innocent.” He commented, and I turned away from the insect to glare at him.
“I am not innocent if I think a butterfly looks cool.” I retorted, crossing my arms as I looked at him. “And why did you ask me out to dinner only to judge me.”

“True.” He muttered with a shrug. He was about to say something else but stopped himself when the host came over and gave us each a menu. Instead of saying what he was originally going to say he instead asked, “what are you planning on ordering?”
“That depends…” I responded. “Are you paying, are we splitting, or are you stealing?”

The last word I said had a more snarky tone, but Sapnap seemed unfazed by it. “That is your choice,” he said. “But I am planning on having some barbeque ribs.”
I glanced back at the menu before responding. “I think I’ll have the lasagna.”
Sapnap nodded at what I said before waving over a waiter.

We gave him our orders and both ordered some drinks before he walked off towards the kitchen, leaving us alone again. The two of us sat and talked to each other for a few minutes while avoiding anything to do with our jobs, since we figured that would make the conversation very awkward, until I decided to ask him a question. “So why did you really ask me out?”
_________________________________________
1261 words

Karl when a restaurant has major health code violations: 👨🏼‍🦯🕶️

Karl when his boyfriend commits murder on their date: 😱

I mean he is a superhero with such terrible standards am I right?