Chapter 24: a formal meeting

George POV.

I was confused as to why we were at the Las Nevadas casino. I mean there was a police raid here two days ago, one where several people got arrested including me. Who would be insane enough to hold a meeting here and why would Dream be insane enough to come here? Actually why do I care if Dream is stupid, if he gets arrested my job becomes a lot easier.

The henchman in the front had pulled a phone out of his pocket to presumably call Dream but I couldn’t be bothered waiting around for either of them. I stepped out of the car and began walking inside.

Neither of them followed me, and much to my surprise when I walked in, the entire place looked as if there had never been a raid, which completely amazed me. I walked down a row of jackpot machines, feeling entranced by the flashing lights and the bright colours.

I honestly didn’t know what I was planning on doing, walking aimlessly between rows of machines but eventually a voice called out my name, causing me to spin around. Dream was walking towards me, and since I couldn’t see his expression I was incredibly worried. He could have been happy, or pissed, and I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

“Hey Dream.” I greeted awkwardly. “I was looking for you. Have you been waiting long?”
He seemed unamused by what I said, instead wrapping an arm around my waist and beginning to lead me off somewhere. “So where are we going?” I asked after a minute but he didn’t answer, instead continuing to walk.

He led me up a grand spiralling staircase and down a hallway before stopping in front of a set of double doors which he pushed open. I was met with the sight of a meeting room, all of the seats were full of different criminals, most of whom I recognised. Dream said nothing as he walked me over to a set of two empty seats beside each other and I awkwardly settled into one beside him.

The group of criminals all were watching me, seemingly admiring me. I recognised most of them from having to fight against them, and I hoped to god that none of them recognised me. After a minute of them staring I got annoyed and I began glaring at people around the room. “Do you guys have to stare? Is there nothing better to do?”

At what I said the group started laughing, besides Dream who was silent. “You got a feisty one this time,” a man in a business suit with a cigarette between his lips laughed. "I'll happily take him once you're done with him." Dream didn’t say anything to him, instead looking over at Quackity who I recognised from the other day and asked a question.

“George is right. Are you just going to stare at him like freaks or are we going to have the meeting that we planned?” Quackity nodded and quickly cleared his throat, getting everyone’s attention back on him.

“So as you know there has been a plan to overthrow the city's heroes.” He began, bringing up a screen which showed profiles that had been made of myself, Techno, Jacobs, and Bad. They listed our powers, known facts about us, our strengths, and our weaknesses.

I scoffed at some of the things that were written down. For example in Bad’s ‘known likes’ it just says muffins. Under Techno’s list of powers there was ‘intimidation’ written down, along with his actual power which he called ‘improved base stats’ where he is faster, stronger, smarter, and has better stamina and agility then normal people.

What was funniest was that under my list of known facts it just says ‘British’, along with the words ‘whereabouts unknown’ written in big letters over my name. ‘They'd probably shit themselves if they found out my whereabouts was right in front of them’ I thought with a small chuckle, but I didn’t say anything, obviously.

I hadn’t really noticed that I had zoned out as I stared at the files on the four of us until a moment later. “Since 404 is still missing, we have only got to deal with three heroes. Thanks to the combined efforts of Sapnap, Skeppy, and Dream, and under the cunning mind of Dream, we have been getting ingredients for a major weapon. Does everyone remember the plan?”

Most of the group nodded, besides one or two and I was thankful since I obviously wasn’t the one who had to ask about it. Quackity seemed annoyed that he had to stop and explain it, but did nonetheless. “Tomorrow morning at 11:16am, I am sending a car to pick up our friend from the just outside the border of L’manburg, in the neighbouring town of Pogtopia.”

“To keep the police and heroes busy we are starting a crime wave through the city, bringing all of L’manburg to purge. Everyone will be too distracted to see what is going to happen.” He cheered excitedly like a happy child. “Then when he is back, he will be able to tear out the heart of the strongest hero Technoblade! With him not being able to focus, the other two are easy!”

I was feeling increasingly uneasy at what Quackity was saying to the group, and Dream seemed to notice, even if he didn’t realise why I was feeling so uneasy he wrapped an arm around my waist and moved his chair closer to mine.

Sapnap POV

God watching Dream being all lovey dovey was annoying. I had stopped paying attention to Quackity ages ago, since I couldn’t focus on his whiny voice and instead just looked around the room boredly. I don’t know why I wanted to torture myself since seeing the blond giving his partner small ounces of affection made me pissed off.

Honestly, how can a major sociopath end up finding a cute boyfriend when I can’t even be bothered keeping my hook-ups alive for more than twenty four hours. I mean I am easily the hottest person in the city, and somehow I have nobody to love. I guess it is true when they say the most beautiful people die lonely.

I knew most of the people in here, major drug dealers, thieves, hitmen, human traffickers. Most of the men in this room were so gross and I’d never normally get involved with them, however all of them happily agreed to help us when we promised the fact that the four heroes (now down to three thanks to 404’s disappearance) would be dead by the end of the year.

All of these people are looking forward to it. Since the first superhero started fighting crime almost seven years ago. Technoblade was different to every vigilante we had come across, he was smarter to them but people never paid him much mind.

Five years ago he teamed up with another superpowered individual, someone who went by the name 404 and could control electricity. Following him shortly after was Badboyhalo, but most people refer to him as Bad. He was a mix of a demon, with sharp claws and deadly fangs and a knife-like tail, and Poison Ivy from Batman, with some red vines he could control like extra limbs.

Most recently, around three years ago was a teleporter, the only member of the superteam who didn’t seem ready to jump out and fight like the others, instead he just protected people in harm's way. I have to admit I would be fine if someone who just stopped people from getting killed was still running around the city after all of this went down.

Anyway, back to grumbling about watching Dream, probably attempting to get laid, it was so incredibly boring to watch. Dream just wasn’t a babe magnet like I was. Still there was one babe that I was eager to try and find, and possibly get the number of, and I went back to dreaming about him.

When the meeting finally reached its conclusion, and all the other people in the room began congratulating each other on their genius and sharing drinks over the plan of killing the superheroes I had a much better idea. The way I thought was best to celebrate, and a way to help distract me from that brunette at the bar, by setting fire to something.
_________________________________________
1411 words