Chapter 42: missing hero

I was tired when I wrote this, so apologies for it not being the best.
_________________________________________
BadBoyHalo POV.

I felt bad about Karl. He had been locked up in his room for four hours now and he missed dinner. I was worried because every time he did miss dinner it was because something bad happened, he was injured or he felt really guilty, and he took missing food as a form of punishment. Plus, I made spaghetti and meatballs and he needs to try them.

I was sitting in front of the TV staring at the blank screen with Tommy sitting and doing his homework at the coffee table in front of me and grumbling under his breath. “Tommy, are you okay?” I asked him, and he let out a loud groan in response.
“There is so much work I need to fucking do!” He complained.

“Language…” I muttered, before leaning in closer to see what he was doing. “Why do you have so much work to do?”
“All of the clubs that Ranboo, Tubbo, and I joined have a shit ton of work I need to do!” He complained.

I couldn’t help but laugh at what he said, although I did have to remind him not to swear with a ‘language’. “Well if you want to take a break we could watch a movie. I want to check on Karl first to see if he wants to join us.” Tommy nodded, seeming happy to be able to get away with not doing homework and turned the TV on.

While Tommy did that I stood up and headed into the hallway where our rooms were. On either side of the hall were some doors, each functioning as a room for one of the people living here. There was a door for me, for George, for Techno, for Tommy, for Philza, and finally one for Karl, which is the one I stopped in front of.

I knocked on the door, before asking if he wanted to come out and watch a movie with me and Tommy, however he didn’t respond. So I knocked again, slightly louder than I did the first time in case he didn’t hear me. After a moment of thinking about what to do before deciding to open the door.

Maybe he had fallen asleep without dinner, which is not something I could allow because I didn’t want my friends to go to sleep and then wake up hungry. I quietly opened the door to check if he was there, and let out a gasp in surprise when I found the room empty.

I was obviously loud enough to wake Techno, since a moment after I let out the noise he opened the door to his room. “Bad… do you mind? I can’t be relaxing in my room thinking about how amazing I am if you are making all that noise.”

“But Karl is missing!” I said, looking over at Techno worriedly, and immediately his slightly annoyed expression changed to one of confusion or concern. (He seemed to have the power of never changing expressions, but I was pretty sure that I was able to tell some of them apart).
“What do you mean Karl is missing?” He questioned, walking out of his room.

The pinkette looked over my shoulder into the room before muttering a swear word. “Where is he?” He asked me, as if I knew where he was, but I just shrugged, telling him that I didn’t know.
“Damn it,” Techno muttered, “now I’m dealing with two missing heroes in two weeks.” He paused to let out a sigh. “I’ll call Antfrost and tell him so the police know, you tell Philza.”

I nodded and watched as he ran down the hallway towards the meeting room. I went to Philza’s room which was between Techno’s and Tommy’s on the other side of the hallway. I knocked on the door and he answered a minute later, telling me to come in which surprised me because both he and Techno usually never let anybody into their rooms.

I stepped inside to see Philza sitting on a couch in the corner of his room. He had a book in his hands yet he was looking at me. Without wanting to I found myself looking around inside the room, taking note of everything. It was the same sized room as everyone else's but a lot more cluttered.

Opposite his couch was a bunk bed type thing, with a bed above and a desk below. Beside the couch, pressed right up against the door was a row of shelves which had books and other personal items. Along with that there was the bathroom and closet that was in all of the rooms.

Unlike most of the other rooms though, there weren’t pictures and posters everywhere of different things like cars or video games, his room was full of pictures of his friends and family. Some photos featured myself, or George, or Karl, but most of them were of Techno and Tommy and other people I didn’t recognise, although Techno didn’t seem to enjoy being in the photos.

Hanging above his desk was a police style evidence board which had several photos and newspaper clippings. There was a red string connecting several different things on the board together. It seemed to be a report on one person, who was in a lot of the photos there but I couldn’t see from here and I know it is rude but I found myself staring at it.

Philza caught my attention, probably irritated that I was looking at his stuff. “What do you need, Bad?” He asked in a concerned tone as he stood up and threw a blanket over the board so I couldn’t see it.
“Karl is missing,” I said, before he even had a chance to breathe.

“He’s not in his room, and I was on the couch all night and I didn’t see him leave and-”
“Bad, calm down.” Philza cut me off. I looked into his eyes and he seemed just as worried as I was, but he knew that me panicking wouldn’t help the situation at all. “Are you sure he isn’t in his bathroom or something?”

I shook my head. “All the lights were off in his room, and he hadn’t left that all night.”
Philza stood in thought for a moment before deciding on what to do. “Does Techno know?” He asked, and I nodded.

“He went to tell Antfrost to keep a lookout.” I informed him. “Should I do anything else?” My expression was woven with worry for my friend, what if he was taken again? That thought made me worry even more. Karl turned up bandaged; he needed a lot of stitches and was bleeding. If he was taken by a villain it could happen again, and he might not be able to escape this time.

“You seem to be stressed Bad.” Philza responded. “You go and rest, Techno and I will handle it.” He put a hand on my shoulders and gave me a reassuring smile.
“But what if he gets hurt?” I asked as the blond directed me to my bedroom. “I won’t be able to live with myself if that happens.”

“Calm down Bad.” Philza muttered. “I promise that Karl will be alright. Just rest and tomorrow if we haven’t found him you can join us. While you are stressed you won’t be able to help anyone.” He opened my door and I stepped inside.
“Maybe you’re right Philza.” I admitted with a nod, before letting out a sigh.

Philza gave me a wary smile as I shut the door. I sat down on my bed for a few minutes, wanting to listen to Philza but not being able to. I would hate myself if something happened to Karl, and so I walked out of the room and over to the armoury before quickly changing into my supersuit.
_________________________________________
1331 words.

Fun number.
^I ruined it by adding those two words