Chapter 62: day off

Boobs

Have a nice day.
_________________________________________
Technoblade POV.

Ever since this whole mess started I felt like I have had no time to relax. One day George cuts off all contact, turns out he was in a hostage situation. Then he starts feeding more information to us. Then there is a crime wave which is the most dangerous thing that has happened in this city. Now Karl has gone missing several times and was a wanted criminal.

It was extremely tiring. When George went missing I was up all night trying to figure out where he was because I was worried about him. Afterwards he offered to go undercover, while pretending to be dating one of the most dangerous criminals on the planet. The safety of my team was important to me and so I barely was able to have a moment to relax.

I had been certain that putting a hero, George, undercover was a bad idea, after all if anything happened that blew his cover then George, Bad, Karl, Phil, Tommy, and myself were all in danger. However he was certain that this was going to be okay, even though I was certain that that was not the case.

Every day that passed made it more difficult to focus since it kept throwing in more difficulties that life seemed to enjoy having me struggle with. The most recent example of this was Karl apparently working with Sapnap.

I didn't know how I was supposed to deal with the news. Since he snuck out several times, what was I supposed to expect? After all, he went against things that Phil and I had said to him several times, it was just as severe as someone from the military going against orders. I was certain that there was more to this story but both Philza and I needed answers.

Today I really couldn’t be bothered dealing with the stress. This morning I had seriously injured several criminals I had come across since not one but two people had gone missing, which sounds bad because a lot of people do go missing every day. But this was the first time that two people went missing who were important for the cities safety… that also sounds bad

One was the boyfriend of the police chief (which meant he couldn’t focus during the search as much since he was worried about his boyfriend's safety) and the other was Karl himself. It doesn’t make it any easier that one of the pair could teleport.

Although I had to give Sam the benefit of the doubt because all four of us; George, Karl, Bad, and myself, were trained to work even when one of us was in a life threatening situation. He had never dealt with the possibility that someone he was close to (such as a friend or family member) would be at risk.

However overall it was too much for me to deal with at the moment. So to try and deal with it I had decided that I was going on a walk. Or at least I had planned on going on a walk. I was in civilian clothes because I didn’t plan on trying to fight any crime, at least for today I wanted to act like another normal person on the street.

My plan was to just go out for breakfast, then go to the library for most of the day. That was my ideal way of spending time. I loved reading and learning about a lot of different things, often preferring books over people because I knew that I’d eventually have to lose my friends and family but could always have the books.

This was my way to relax and when I made my way into the library when it was probably 9am I found it to be almost deserted. There were the odd college or university students who were gathered in small clusters around tables either quickly typing on their computer or reading through books.

Nobody paid me any mind as I headed to my favourite section, one that had legends from different cultures throughout history. I looked at all of the titles and came across a book with legends of several different gods from ancient Rome. I had occasionally read about a bunch of other gods from places like Greece, and even gods from cavemen time.

There were a lot of interesting stories, about gods of war, gods of beauty, gods of music, and even gods of time. One of the things that I found quite interesting was the fact that there were two gods in cavemen times which were surprisingly the god of the sky and the god of fire.

I found myself getting really interested. Spending hours reading about each of the different gods, while also taking some time to look over some of the pictures that were drawn to depict each of these fabled gods. One of my favourites was a god of war, whose hair was apparently tinted red from blood on his battlefields, which somewhat inspired me.

The day passed quite quickly, I didn’t actually know how long I spent there but knew that a lot of other people came and went. When I finished one book I would stand up and find another book to read instead. My only break from books was checking my phone every couple of minutes just in case Philza or Bad actually needed me, or in case there was any more information on Karl.

As I was sitting there calmly I heard the sound of someone walking around behind me, thanks to my super hearing. It was normal for me to be able to hear people walking around, especially on a wooden floor where every footstep was a quiet tap for people with or without good hearing, however it is amplified for myself.

I was able to tune out most noises, but this one particular pair of footsteps wasn’t walking absentmindedly between rows of shelves, but instead was walking directly towards me. I instantly tensed up when I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder.

“Hello Techno,” I heard a familiar voice greet in a playful, familiar tone. “It’s good to see you again brother.” At the final word that hand on my shoulder grew firmer.
“Wilbur,” I responded, without actually looking over my shoulder to look at him. “I’d like to say that it was good to see you again, however we both know it is not true.”

“Wow, my ever popular brother with his amazing quips as always.” The brunette chuckled, not loosening his grip on my shoulder. “How are the city's scumbags and petty criminals treating you Techy? Any new bruises recently?”
“There is this one bruise that has been gone for years but suddenly reappeared,” I growled.

“So funny. The golden child was always the funny one in Phil’s eyes, wasn’t he?” Wilbur asked.
“You will be arrested if I report you,” was my response. “What are you doing here that is worth risking your freedom?”
“Can I not see my brother?”

“You can see me from behind bars,” I informed him. “In fact we can make it a whole family thing, I’ll bring Tommy and Phil. We can do family game nights again.”
“Sounds fun,” was my brother’s brief response. “But if you were visiting me at prison then you’ll be visiting 404 at a graveyard. Or… should I say George?”
_________________________________________
1317 words

I have this fun habit of coming up with new story ideas when I don't need them, and now I have four ideas instead of the three samples I showed you guys.

Along with that there was updates to one of the original stories I suggested, if you wanted to do a revote (since I haven't started writing the new one yet) I can do it for the next chapter.

Up to you guys though