Chapter 34: electric

For people wanting Karlnap dare chapter it will be out the day after tomorrow. Also sorry for late upload, I was on a call with Ezra.

He says hi and was judging iikxtezz smut, but he says it 'is better than 4's but worse than mine'
_________________________________________
George POV.
still 8 years ago

My eyes snapped open and I sat up as I tried to remember what happened. I was lying on the train tracks and there was a crowd of people standing above me, but none of them were trying to help me.

I climbed up off of the track with wide eyes, kind of in a daze as I thought about what had just happened. People were trying to talk to me but I just ignored all of them. My backpack was missing but at the moment I didn’t care as I continued out of the platform, walking towards the stairs and up towards the street, deciding to walk home instead.

“Hey… Hey kid are you okay?” A woman asked, running up behind me from the platform, and I just turned to look at her. “You just fell onto the train tracks? Are you okay? Do you need me to call you an ambulance?”
“I’m fine, thank you ma’am.” I responded, turning to leave again.

“Are you sure? You should probably not be walking like this. Do you need a glass of wa-” She rested her hand onto my shoulder before suddenly pulling it back and screaming as I felt electricity run up to my shoulder where her hand had been.

My eyes widened further as people began freaking out, and I started running the rest of the way up the stairs. Some of the people who were going to help this woman were pointing at me, telling me to stop and that they were calling the police, which just made me speed up.

I ran out of the London Underground and onto the street and tried to avoid running into people, which was quite difficult to do. Anyone I bumped into ended up receiving an electric shock, and I’d apologise before speeding up.

It took about four hours to run home, since I didn’t know where I was meant to go and tried desperately to avoid people. The sun was beginning to set and my parents were probably worried about me because I was usually home by now. They might have messaged me hundreds of times by now and I wouldn’t know because my phone was electrocuted.

Eventually I stumbled through the door of our apartment building and ran over to the elevator. As I pressed the button I could feel a crackle of electricity rippling through my body before a little spark left my fingertip and fried the circuit in the control panel. I realised what happened as the lights on the button panel began flickering and I immediately ran towards the stairs instead.

I sprinted up the staircase, my shoes sending a squeaking noise which could probably be heard through the whole building. When I reached our floor I ran out of the stairwell and to the door of my apartment, knowing it was already unlocked.

“George? Is that you?” My mother called out from the kitchen, but I ignored her as I headed through to my bedroom, not wanting to run into my parents and have them get hurt.
“George?” My mother continued. “If you are there, answer me. Do you know how worried your father and I were?”

“Sorry Mum! It won’t happen again!” I called out as I continued walking to my bedroom. I sat down on the bed and felt myself panicking as I heard my mother beginning to walk down to my bedroom. To stop her from coming in I walked over to the door and pushed my weight against it.

“Why is the door shut George!?” My mother asked. “You come home several hours late, and you don’t answer your phone, so you better come out of your room now! Your father went out looking for you and we were close to calling the police!”

“I am sorry mum. You can’t come in though.” I told her in a panicky tone.
“And why can’t I come in George?” She asked in an accusing tone. “Are you doing something illegal in there or something?”
“No, it’s not that. I just don’t want you to get hurt.” I responded quickly.

“Why would I get hurt?” With a strong push my mother had me stumbling back and I gulped lightly, knowing she’d probably get injured, and then she’d get mad.
“No reason.” I stuttered, backing away from her. She gasped at me, however it wasn’t because of me stepping back but it was about how I looked.

My eyes were wide and all my clothes were charred and my hair was frizzled like a mad scientist. “George what happened?” My mother asked, attempting to walk over to me to straighten up my appearance but I backed away.
“Nothing.” I reassured her from where I stood.

“You look like you were beaten up or tasered!” She exclaimed. “Were you? Did someone hurt you?” She ran up to me and held my cheeks so I couldn’t keep avoiding her gaze. That was a mistake. Suddenly she let out a scream, and I pushed her off of me. I looked to see her hands were looking charred from contact with my skin, and she looked terrified.

“Mum!” I yelled out. “I’m so sorry! Shit! I-” I felt my heart rate spiking as I tried to figure out what to say to her as tears appeared in my eyes. Eventually I just gave up with a shake of my head, telling her I needed to go before running out of the room. I stopped to pull on a pair of rubber gloves which had been hanging by the kitchen sink before running out of the building.

Tears were streaming down my face and I was feeling so worried. I could have just killed my mother! I’m a monster! Those two sentences appeared over and over in my mind as I kept running. Even though I’d been inside for less than five minutes the streets were almost empty, and there was more rain than there had been earlier.

If my mother knew what I could do, and told people what I did to her I’d probably be hunted down like an animal, so I decided that I had to get as far away from here as possible. So I headed in the direction of the airport. I thought it would be easier to get a taxi but I didn’t know if I had enough money for that.

However I found an atm, and walked over to it as I decided to see how much money I had on me. I grabbed my card out of my wallet after taking a moment to fumble with the zip with these thick rubber gloves on. Then I inserted my card to see how much money I had. Annoyingly, none of the buttons on the machine were working and so I had to pull off my gloves to press the button, although that made something unexpected happen.

The moment my hand touched the machine a bunch of money went flying out of it at a rapid pace, and my eyes widened at the sight. For a moment I considered what to do, before eventually deciding to start grabbing the money and stuffing it into the pockets of my hoodie and my jeans.

Once I had enough I got my money card back, pulled my glove back on, and started to walk around until I could find a taxi. It was almost 10pm when I finally reached the airport, and I paid the driver with one of the hundred dollar bills before just running inside.

I ran over to the woman who was at the check-in desk and slammed my fists down to get her attention as I panted. “Please!” I begged when she looked at me. “Can I get the first ticket out of the country that is available?”

The woman seemed confused, she was a blond who looked like a pick-me but I didn’t say anything about it. Eventually she found one and pointed at it. “There is a flight to L’manburg in twenty minutes that has a spare seat. Now how are you going to pay for- '' Before she could even finish I pulled all of the money out of my pocket and slammed it in front of her.

She didn’t say anything as she took it off of me before nodding. “Do you have any luggage?” She asked, and I shook my head. “Okay then. I’ll print you out your ticket.”
_________________________________________
1476 words