Chapter 70: escape

^ remember creeper ^

And tonight it is a double upload. This chapter is written by Ezra, and I wrote the next one. We hope you enjoy.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

Sapnap let out a content sigh as he pulled me closer to him in his sleep. I listened to his breathing as my head was pressed against his chest, but once I was certain he was asleep I pressed the pads of his fingers against the censor of the steel bracelets to let me out. Then I began attempting to squirm out of his grasp without waking him.

After a moment I let out a sigh and pulled the blanket that was dishevelled after my squirming over him. For a moment I watched him to see if he would wake up, but instead he just rolled over and seemed to fall into a deeper sleep.

I let out a sigh of relief that I hadn’t woken the arsonist before beginning to look through his clothes until I found an unlabeled black hoodie and a pair of jeans. I hurriedly pulled them on before teleporting out of the room into the chilling night.

The outside air made me shiver, and pull my hood up over my head as I began to look around. I knew that I needed to save Techno, and while I was at it I was going to save Foolish too. There were warehouses towering over me on all sides, all of which seemed fifty years old at the least, and the walls were beginning to rust with any paint on the sides fading and chipping away.

This place was quite big, probably sixty or seventy warehouses scattered along the docks in all, and both of my friends were both somewhere here, but the problem was I didn’t know where. My first goal was to get Foolish, afterall he was a civilian, then Techno.

Knowing I was out in the open I slunk into the shadows, caused by some lights hanging over the doors, pressing myself right up against the wall of a building. Someone was talking, or more accurately shouting out orders and I craned my head slightly to listen. “I want both of you over there guarding the place,” an unnamed British male said firmly.

“I will send you back-up soon but I don’t want him alone for long, Technoblade can be quite sneaky.” At the sound of the name Techno my face lit up like I won the lottery, in an instant my body quickly contorted, becoming a blur before my organs snapped into place as I made it onto the roof of one of the warehouses.

Although I was planning on finding Foolish first, if I knew where Techno was it would be in my best interest to get him since then at least I definitely got one person out of here, plus he could help me find Foolish afterwards. I walked over to the edge of the roof and peered over the side to see a pair of armed guards walking in the opposite direction of someone else.

Silently, I followed the pair, quietly leaping between the rooftops and looking over the side constantly to make sure I didn’t lose them. They walked past several other buildings before stopping in front of one which once had been painted a dark red colour, but now was a lot more faint.

I watched without a sound as they stepped inside, and once they’d shut the door I jumped off of the factory and onto the ground. Nobody heard me land, and my eyes narrowed as I pulled the hood further over my face before walking to the door and opening it.

The two henchmen who had just been assigned here to guard were standing in front of Techno, having been joking about how pathetic and defenceless he was now that he was restrained, but they both spun around instantly when they heard the door open. Both of their guns were raised in my direction, but before they could fire them I swiftly teleported behind the pair.

With a swift strike to just below the skull I knew it would be an instant knock-out, and sure enough before they could even react to me teleporting they were collapsing to the ground unconscious.

I didn’t even pause for a moment to take in my easy victory as I spun on my heel and saw Techno sitting tied up with chains, seeming unfazed. “Karl?” He questioned when I began walking towards him, and I smirked.
“Hey Techno,” was my response as I looked over him to see how he was restrained.

“Shit,” I murmured under my breath when I realised that the pinkette was restrained with steel chains (might even be the same ones Sapnap had restrained me with ages ago). “This rescue isn’t going to be easy.”
“I know it isn’t,” he responded. “Also why are you here?”

“Because I was in the area and you were kidnapped and I kind of want an ‘I told you so’ for me not being a traitor. However this rescue plan of mine is falling apart as we speak.” I knelt in front of him and examined the chains, which had been padlocked to the chair Techno was sitting chained to. “Did you see anyone leave a key anywhere?”

“Yeah,” he responded. “My brother has it. Meaning unless you find him, or we make our way back to HQ, I am stuck in this chair.”
“Exactly,” I agreed, deciding to ignore the fact he had said brother, because as far as I could tell Tommy wouldn’t have restrained Techno to a chair so I knew I was probably missing something.

“Leave me here and go look for Wilbur,” the pinkette instructed. “He is about six foot five or six, with brown hair and a British accent.”
I nodded at him, but before I got the chance to do anything the door opened again with some more armed henchmen coming through.

“Nevermind that plan,” I muttered, using all my upper arm strength to try and pull Techno slightly away from the door, but obviously not moving far. Shots were immediately fired in my direction and I saw Techno motioning over to a row of shelves against one wall.
“There is a creeper over there that I saw, grab that.”

My eyes followed him before seeing an old mechanic creeper, probably used for when there were repairs needed on a boat back when this warehouse was opporational. It was something I remember my dad using to get underneath his car whenever it needed repairs.

I quickly teleported over to it, ignoring the gunfire which was aimed solely at me and grabbed the creeper before teleporting back to the other hero. Although there was a struggle I managed to lift him and the chair onto the tool before beginning to run towards a back door, trying not to let the chair topple off of it as armed bad guys pursued us.

“This is so pathetic,” Techno muttered as I wheeled him out of the back door of the warehouse and between one of the small alleys between it and several other buildings. Not even a moment later more henchmen burst out the door, shouting to get the attention of anyone nearby as we made our escape.

“And this was your idea,” I retorted, taking a sudden turn and having to hold the chair carefully so it didn’t tip on its side.
“Yeah but it doesn’t make me feel anything like a young professor X.” The pinkette said as I burst out of the narrow path between buildings and onto the waterfront.

I paused in front of the waterfront and looked both ways to see people closing in on us and looked down at Techno. “So what should we do now?” I asked, and he gave me a wary look which made me freeze. “Techno?” I questioned.
“We’re cornered,” he muttered. “There isn’t much we can do.”

He refused to look at me, not even acknowledging my confused expression as he sighed. “Go Karl, I have a plan to distract all of these guys, now go.”
“But how will-”
“Don’t ask questions,” he cut me off. “I am in charge and do as I say, it’s for the best.”

Reluctantly I nodded, giving him a final look before teleporting onto a rooftop to see what he was planning on doing. I froze when I saw a bullet pierce his chest, but as much as I wanted to go and help him, protect my friend, I didn’t.

I had gone against what he’s said many times and so I teleported again, this time back to Sapnap’s room before collapsing on the ground crying pathetically.
_________________________________________
1462 words.

You enjoying it?