Chapter 76: chloroform

George POV.

Karl was sleeping beside me, finally having calmed down. I was trapped in a hug with my best friend, unable to move. However I wanted to call Philza and ask him how he was going after hearing about Techno. If I needed to I would go visit him, completely giving up on my mission, or at least snuck out, to make sure one of my closest friends, practically a father figure, was okay.

There was a knock on the door of the bedroom, and I lightly moved Karl off of me, tucking him under the covers before going to the door. Sapnap was standing there, and he looked extremely concerned. “Hey Sapnap… are you okay?” I asked the arsonist, my eyes trailing over his face to attempt to read his expression.

“Hello George,” he responded. “I was wondering if you had seen Karl? He had disappeared by the time I had woken up this morning and I was getting worried. I was getting close to having some of my men search for him.”
“Don’t worry, he’s in here. He was really stressed out and came to talk to me.”

My words easily calmed the ravenette down, and he looked over at the bed to see Karl asleep, his eyes softened at the sight of my friend curled up. “Do you want to  take him back to your room?” I offered.
“No,” he responded. “I think I know why he is here. Karl can stay for a while.”

Sapnap took another moment to admire Karl, probably forgetting I was there for a few minutes while just staring. “Hey Sapnap, are you just going to stand there all day and stare?” I asked, waving my hand in front of his face.

“Sorry,” the ravenette responded.“ I have stuff to do, I’ll go. Thanks for looking after him while he’s upset George.”
“Of course. He’s my best friend.” I smiled, then watched as he gave Karl a longing look before slowly walking out of the room.

Once the door had shut I let out a chuckle and walked over to the computer, deciding to sit
down and send an email to Phil, planning on asking him how he was feeling. I typed out an email and read over it a few times, even bringing myself to tears as I recounted what happened.

After I sent the email I turned the computer back off before returning to the bed, feeling exhausted after all that had happened (me crying for hours on end about my friend's death), even though it was only eleven in the morning.

Just as I got comfortable in the bed, planning on sleeping alongside my best friend, there was a knock on the bedroom door. I let out a tired groan before rolling off of the bed and going to open it. Wilbur was standing there, and gave me a smile when he saw me, along with a ‘good morning George’.

“Morning Wilbur,” I responded warily, taking a step back after opening the door. “What’s up? Is there something that you need?”
“Yes actually, there is something that I need you for.” The taller Brit told me. “But I also need Karl… do you know where he is?”

“Oh, he’s in here. He wasn’t feeling well so he came to see me and then he fell asleep. What is it that you need?” I questioned, however I didn’t receive an answer.
Instead I was pushed against the wall by Wilbur, who had pulled a piece of bundled up cloth out of nowhere and pressed it over my mouth and nose.

Immediately I tried to squirm, to try and push him off since immediately I recognised this as chloroform and worked to get it off before I inhaled too much of it. After attempting to unsuccessfully kick him several times I felt sparks running through my arms and chest, all the while feeling my lungs burn from the lack of oxygen.

“I wouldn’t try that 404, you really think I wasn’t prepared to deal with someone with electrokinesis? I’m wearing rubber, I’m immune.” My eyes widened when he referred to me as ‘404’. How did he know? Did somebody tell him? Does someone else know?

By now my vision was getting blurry and I was struggling to even stand up, allowing myself to just collapse in his arms as my legs gave out from underneath me.

Wilbur POV.

I forced George against the wall, grabbing the chloroform soaked rag and pressing it over his nose and mouth. The movement was so sudden he didn’t see it coming, and immediately tried struggling against me however I managed to force him into place.

Just as I was certain he was about to black out, the brunette made a last ditch effort to try and escape. My eyes focused on his fists as they balled up and static electricity began running through them, practically charging him up so he could use an attack that would leave me paralysed, so it was a good thing I was prepared.

“I wouldn’t try that 404, you really think I wasn’t prepared to deal with someone with electrokinesis? I’m wearing rubber, I’m immune.” His eyes widened at my words and I resisted the urge to chuckle as he still attempted to attack me either way. It obviously didn’t work and all he ended up doing was making him weaker, and he fell forward onto me before blacking out.

“What are you doing standing there?” I asked impatiently, turning towards the doorway where Punz had been lurking for a few minutes. “I told you that I’d get George and you’d get Karl, so hurry up and grab him.”
“Sorry, but he’s already passed out,” Punz grumbled back as he walked over to the bed.

“Even if he’s passed out I still need you to grab him dumbass.” I told him, watching as he walked over with a lot of annoyance before grabbing the sleeping brunette on the bed.
“By the way,” he began as he carelessly lifted up Karl. “Why did you call him 404? Isn’t 404 in the UK or something? I’m pretty sure that is what the other heroes said.”

“No you idiot. He is 404, and Karl is Jacobs. Hurry up and put those steel bracelets on his wrists so he can’t wake up and teleport away.” I instructed, and Punz gave a nod as he did what I instructed.
“Thank you,” I stated. “Now let's go, and hope we don’t come across Sapnap or Dream.”
_________________________________________
1103 words.

Electrokinesis: The ability to psychically generate and manipulate electricity