Chapter 13: casino

Dream POV.

I continued staring down at my phone for most of the car ride while occasionally glancing over at George as he sat beside me just looking out the window. My eyes trailed down from his face to his outfit again, and I knew I had to thank Fundy and Niki for it, because it was absolutely stunning on him.

Eventually I saw the casino up ahead of us and I turned my phone off before pocketing it. George turned his attention to me at the sudden movement, even though it was small. “We’re here.” I informed him, just before the limo slowed to a stop outside the front of the casino.

Despite the fact that everything that happened at this event was highly illegal, Quackity always made a big, flamboyant deal of it. A red carpet rolled out with velvet railings on either side so people couldn’t just walk in off the street. The front of the building was lit up with multicoloured lights in reds, blues, and purples, and the fountains were putting on a flash display.

George was silent as I offered my hand out to him and took it before stepping out of the car. He looked around at everything and his eyes widened in surprise. “Does the casino always look like this?” He asked, and I just nodded.
“Quackity likes to make this a big event.” I explained, continuing to walk with George beside me.

“Don’t the cops ever come and stop him? Or anyone?” The brunette asked, looking more surprised and I shook my head.
“He has several friends in the police department, and blackmail on the rest of them. Whoever doesn’t cooperate gets either exposed or killed.”

George’s eyebrows furrowed but he fell silent and we walked through the front doors which were opened for us. It was a bustling scene inside, with at least 5000 people spread over the two floors of entertainment. Some were gambling, some were eating, some were making business deals, some were watching the exotic dancers who were putting on a show for them.

My hand moved from holding George’s to snaking around his waist, holding him closely as I stared around the room. George was also looking around the room, trying to see which criminals were here that he knew. Before we could go anywhere though we were cut off.

“Dream, Mi amigo, how are you man?” Quackity asked, holding a drink in his hand as he walked over to me and George, already seeming drunk.
“Quackity, it’s good to see you. I’ve been good.” I greeted, and I saw George staring at Quackity worriedly.

“Who’s this Dream?” Quackity asked when he turned to look at George, George tensed up and leaned against me more. “I didn’t realise you were bringing a date.”
“I’m not his willing date.” George muttered, but Quackity ignored him, keeping his eyes on me.
“His name is George,” I introduced, pulling the brunette even closer to me.

“George,” the gambler hummed, trying out the name to see how it sounded. I watched with an angered expression under my mask as Quackity took George’s hand in his own and kissed it gently. My eyes narrowed and my hand lowered to the holster on my belt which had a gun, Quackity looked over to me before standing back.

Quackity continued to smile at George while ignoring me and he knew he was getting under my skin. “You know George,” Quackity began, “you are quite beautiful, I do have a job offering as an entertainer here, since we mainly only have females.” I saw his gaze flicker over to me and I stepped in between the pair of them.

“He is not going to work for you,” I said firmly, and Quackity didn’t seem surprised by this. He just nodded before his face widened into a bigger smile.
“Hey you come over here,” he beckoned one of the waiters who was walking around with a tray of drinks and offering them to guests.

When the waiter reached them and gave a respectful nod of the head, Quackity motioned to George and I. “I want you to take my two favourite VIPs to the bar and make them whatever they like, no matter how difficult, on the house. Understand?”

The man just nodded before Quackity walked off, only stopping for a moment to tell us to enjoy the evening. George watched him walk off while I watched the waiter as he began walking towards one of the bars. Once we sat down at a table with me opposite George. The waiter asked what drinks we wanted, and both of us ordered something.

“I’ll take a Vieux Carré, please.” I ordered, since it was my usual and I decided that I deserved to have a little bit of alcohol.
“I’ll just have a water, thanks.” George said afterwards, and I gave him a confused look which he obviously didn’t notice.

“You do realise that you can drink anything you want. I can take care of you if you are drunk.” I offered, but George just shook his head.
“I don’t drink that much.” George said as the waiter returned and sat the two drinks down in front of both of us.

When he left both of us started drinking, and I began asking questions, since I wanted to find out more about him. “So, what do you do?” I asked him.
“Oh,” George seemed surprised as to why I was asking him that. “Well I mainly work as a coder, why are you wondering?”

“I just want to know more about you, since you are my date tonight.” I hummed. In all honesty I was just curious since he was the first person who wasn’t openly terrified of me and I wanted to spend more time with him. He was one of a kind in my opinion.

“So what is your favourite colour?” I asked him, raising an eyebrow as I did.
George gave a small smile before giving a simple response of ‘blue’. I opened my mouth to ask him some more questions but before I could he stood up. “Sorry Dream, but I need to go to the bathroom.” He mumbled, before shuffling away.

I watched him leave, and once he had disappeared into the crowd I moved my mask some more so I could have another sip of my drink. I kept staring in the direction that George had left in so I’d see him when he came back, but before he could I heard someone speaking from behind me.

“Hey Dreamy boy, how’re you this evening?” I looked over my shoulder to see Sapnap standing there with his arm around the waist of a redhead wearing a tight black dress, which only went halfway down her thighs. I assumed this was one of Quackity’s performers and Sapnap had wanted a hook-up but I didn’t acknowledge her.

“I am good Sapnap. How have you been?” Usually I didn’t enjoy conversations but I figured it would keep me distracted until George got back.
The ravenette just shrugged at the question, not giving an actual answer. “I was wondering if you brought whoever you were interested in. I want a good look at them.”

“That is none of your business Sapnap.” I responded.
“Well if you haven’t got a date then come down and I will help you find the best performer for a hookup.” The ravenette said, seeming quite tipsy and I rolled my eyes.
I was about to ask him something before there was a shout from downstairs and a loud crash.

We looked down to see a group of police officers swarming in, sending hundreds of people running as they began trying to grab people. “Shit,” I murmured as I saw them. I immediately turned and left Sapnap without a word, surely he’d be able to find his own way out. I instead was going to try and find George.
_________________________________________
1332 words