Chapter 30: warning

Bad POV.

“I got a message from George!” Philza claimed triumphantly, immediately causing me  to jump up from where I was and run over to him, eager for any good news.
“What does it say?” I asked, hoping there might be some mention of Karl, since he hadn’t turned up for almost eight hours now and I was getting progressively more worried.

“Hold on a minute. It says ‘Crime wave tomorrow. Get cops. Be ready. 11am.’” Philza said, and that made me more worried.
“A crime wave?” I asked. “How could we deal with that without Karl? We’ll be as good as dead!” I began hyperventilating, since Karl was missing I knew we were all as good as dead.

Tommy, Ranboo, and Tubbo suddenly appeared in the hallway, seemingly having been listening to our conversation the entire time. “Does that mean we will get to fight crime!?” Tommy asked excitedly. “I want to kick some bad guy ass!”
“Language Tommy.” I said in an annoyed tone, glaring at the blond teenager.

“You are not going to be allowed to fight crime.” Philza said. “Not until you are 18 and have been trained to fight by Technoblade.” Tommy groaned and rolled his eyes, before walking off, with Tubbo and Ranboo waving at us before following him.

I smiled slightly at the friendship of the three of them and wished that I still had Karl and George around, because the three of us had a friendship similar to that. Currently though, one of those muffin heads were pretending to date a murderer, and the other was missing. I had wanted to go and help look but Techno sent me back here because I was being an emotional wreck.

Philza had sent George a reply asking if he was alright and to just tell us if he needed us to come and get him, but he still hadn’t told him about Karl’s disappearance. If he did tell George no doubt the brunette would freak out and end up blowing his cover, which wouldn’t be good for anyone.

As I was thinking something suddenly appeared in front of me, and whatever it was suddenly fell on top of me. “Oh god my head hurts-.” I heard the person on top of me grumble, and I immediately recognised the voice.
“Karl? Is that you?” I asked, and the person stopped moving as I said his name.

“Bad?” He asked tentatively, and turned around so he was looking into my eyes. He was wearing the same suit he was wearing yesterday when I last saw him, and looked incredibly tired. When he clambered off of me he smiled and pulled his mask off, showing his wary eyes.

“What happened?” I asked, following him through to the armoury as he began pulling off his super suit. I noticed his shirt was occasionally lifted up to expose his lower torso and saw several bandages wrapped around him, which made me even more worried. “Karl what happened?” I repeated.

“Let me go to Philza first.” The brunette hummed, “I have an injury that needs to be checked out, and he is the best medic we have.”
His clothes were covered in some dirt and flecks of blood, while sticking to his skin from the sweat. I continued to try and ask him what happened but every time I did I was ignored.

“Philza!” Karl called out, “I’m back! I need some help with something! Please!” He called out, and I swear to muffins I could hear someone stampeding down the hallway and suddenly Karl was pulled into a tight hug by Philza. He let out a whimper of pain which caused the blond to pull away.

“Karl, are you okay? What happened?” Philza asked. “And how did you get back?”
“I’ll tell you later.” Karl responded, more harshly then he probably wanted to say it as he headed into the medbay. He jumped onto a medical cot and pulled off his shirt without hesitation, revealing that his chest and his arms both were covered in a lot of blood soaked bandages.

“What happened?” Philza asked, as he immediately began running around grabbing some bandages and wipes and other things with complex names as Karl began unwrapping the bloody bandages.

“I was captured by Sapnap.” He said, “he had chained me up with steel and was torturing me, and I passed out. But when I woke up I was able to escape. They’d bandaged me up, and I was in a bedroom. I don’t know what they were planning on doing so I ran.” He explained. “But I think I ripped some stitches.”

“You definitely have.” Philza said. “If there were stitches on your chest they were definitely ripped, I can stitch it up though.”
I wasn’t good with injuries and watching Philza stitching Karl back up was going to make me nauseous, and so I left, after giving Karl a supportive hug first.

As I walked towards the door I was stopped by Philza. “Hey Bad, tell Techno we found him, but we’d need to tighten security for the crime wave tomorrow.” I nodded at the blond before leaving. I activated the comm in my ear and asked if Techno was there.
“Hey Techno, can you hear me?” I asked, and got a response a moment later.

“Yeah I can hear you Bad. Is there any news on Karl because we haven’t found any sign of him yet.” The pinkette explained.
“He is here and injured, Philza is giving him some stitches but he should be fine.” I explained, trying not to let myself start crying at the thought of what happened to Karl.

“Okay. So I will tell the officers to go home since we found him.” Techno said, but before he could say or do anything I told him what Phil said.
“Actually there was a warning from George, saying there is meant to be a crime wave tomorrow.” I told him.

“A what?” Techno asked, and so I repeated the sentence again. “Did the warning say anything else?” He asked after a moment of processing what I had said.
“To tell the cops so they could be ready.” I remembered, “and something about 11am. I think that is when it will start.”

“Okay.” The hero hummed. “I will contact Sam and tell him to get all available officers on duty, and tell the council in consideration of a complete lockdown of the city.”
“Just be careful not to tell them too much.” I said. “The criminals could figure out there is a mole.”

Techno told me he’d be careful, before beginning to give someone orders on the other end of the line. I took my comm out of my ear and let out a sigh, and decided to watch a movie to make me feel better.
_________________________________________
1143 words