Chapter 81: undercover

BadBoyHalo POV.

My gaze shifted around the area, keeping track of everything around me, the warehouses, the dim lights, the abandoned vehicles. No people were nearby, at least none that I could see through the thick fog, and by that logic I hoped that nobody would be able to see me if they were hanging around.

Now though, I had to wonder where the man who called me was, Wilbur, as Skeppy referred to him as. Finding him was easier said than done because there were probably at least one hundred warehouses and buildings spread along the cold, dimly lit docks, and he could be in any one of them.

Before I could go looking anywhere though someone called out my name and I stiffened, worried that someone was here to attack me. I balled up my fist in preparation to punch whichever muffinhead tried to attack me, but when I turned slightly I relaxed.

“We’ve been expecting you.” Skeppy continued, as he continued walking over to where I was standing with a pair of men, who I recognised as Ranboo and Tubbo, behind him.
“I was told to be here,” I responded, before raising my hands in surrender so that nobody coming past would shoot me… hopefully.

Skeppy closed the distance between us and grabbed my arms, to make it look like he had restrained me, although it probably looked like he was cutting off my circulation. His hold on me was gentle, and I even noticed his thumbs rubbing small circles on my upper-arm in an attempt to keep me calm… I don’t know what for though.

“Bad are you okay?” Tubbo asked quietly, coming out as more of a hiss than a question though, but before I responded Skeppy told Tubbo to be quiet, quickly stating that he didn’t want to arouse any suspicions.

I was simply walking in the direction that Skeppy was directing me while trying to stay alert the entire time, with my eyes darting back and forth so I could see anything coming at me. I was directed towards a warehouse near one end of the docks.

It was a large ugly rusted colour, most of the paint which appeared to have been green, had faded away into a pale swampy colour. By one of the doors was an old plaque with the warehouse's number on it, reading ‘Warehouse 002, constructed 1893, built by L’manburg CW 0083.’

I didn’t have time to think about what any of that meant before I was walked inside by Skeppy, Ranboo, and Tubbo. The inside of the warehouse looked nothing like what I had expected, instead of it being open, there was a large wall added in made of… solid steel…

The wall or whatever it was, went the entire length of the room, functioning as some sort of wall or container and when my side accidentally brushed against it I shivered at the cold temperature which was noted from through my suit. From the looks of things, Skeppy, who had stepped in front of me when we walked in, didn’t know what this was either.

Up ahead I saw a man wearing a mustard coloured shirt with brown fluffy looking hair, consoling with someone in a smiley mask who I did recognise. The platinum blond, a known assassin and henchman of Dream, looked over in our direction first and I imagine a cruel smile grew on his face to match the expression on the mask.

He said something which I couldn’t make out to the person standing beside him and then they both turned over their shoulders to look at us. “Hello BadBoyHalo,” the man greeted, and I immediately recognised his voice as the one who sent me the phone call over a day ago, telling me about how he had George, Karl, and Philza.

Before I could think of anything reasonable I grew pissed, knowing that this (excuse my language) stupid muffinhead knows where my friends are. “Where are Phil, 404, Jacobs, Foolish, and Tommy?” I asked him, glaring at the taller brunette from under my mask.
“You’ll be able to see them in all due time my crime fighting companion,” he responded.

My eyes narrowed further and I was thinking about charging at him. The key words are ‘thinking about’, since I knew that someone would end up hurt if I did that. Skeppy seemed to know what I was about to do and he grabbed my arm tightly to stop me. He knew he couldn’t cash in his favour if I was killed.

“When? I’ve been waiting almost a whole day, where are they?” I didn’t want to be rude, but I had to since I was feeling increasingly worried.
“I can take you to them if you want.” Wilbur offered, and I couldn’t help but nod, even though I knew it was probably a trap.

“Grab them.” He went on to instruct, and suddenly I heard a yelp from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see a pair of masked henchmen grabbing Tubbo and Ranboo. Immediately I started towards them, creating some large red tendril-like vines which I prepared to use on the pair that were restraining the boys.

Before I could get to close anything, something cold and firm pressed to my back and I heard the same man from earlier warning me. “Don’t try it if you value your friends' lives.” He told me firmly, and reluctantly I lowered the vines that were poised to attack and glanced over my shoulder at him.

“Fine.” I grumbled, before slowly turning around to look at his face up close. He had brown hair and even lighter brown eyes along with a sadistic smirk.
“Good, now you all will be coming with me.” I sent a glance at Skeppy after hearing Wilbur’s words, begging the ravenette to please help the two boys behind me.

“Wilbur, what’s going on?” Skeppy asked, “why are you grabbing my men?”
“Because Skep, we both know that these two aren’t really your men, don’t we?” My face immediately fell as the brunette chuckled and began leading us towards what looked to be a door in the wall.

“Y’know Skeppy I never thought you’d be one to betray your friends so easily. I mean Sapnap might have done it for love or something, but you and Dream, never. Anyway… you four seem eager to meet the other heroes, so how about you join them.” He dragged me down the hallway with the gun to my head, Punz and the two nameless henchmen were dragging my friends.

One of the masked henchmen was by the door clearly sticking out in the hallway, and Wilbur gave them a signal to open it, before pushing the four of us in and we crashed on the floor.
_________________________________________
1163 words

Feel free to check out my new story after this, it's called manipulation high and the first two chapters are both uploaded