Chapter 74: phonecall

BadBoyHalo POV.

It was silent as I ducked into the alleyway which concealed the entrance to our HQ and it was surprisingly quiet. Well actually I guess it wasn’t that surprising. Several thousand people had been around the church, plus there had been warnings of crime spikes and so a lot of people were probably staying home.

Without hanging around on the street any longer, I walked over to the concealed door which led downstairs to where I lived. There was a handprint scanner disguised as a poster. After a few moments of my hand being on the scanner there was a small beep and the door slid open.

A small smile graced my lips at the advanced technology, and I stepped through the doorway. Once I was inside it silently slid shut behind me. Then I descended the stairs down into the headquarters before freezing. I hadn’t seen Tommy or Philza leave, and so I assumed that they went before me, but the lights were off which meant they weren’t here.

“Phil?” I asked, pulling off my mask and looking around worriedly, in case he was here and just left the lights off for some reason. “Tommy?”
Obviously neither of them answered, and that made me nervously walk into the living room, not caring that it was dark.

I continued to look around, calling out to them as I went into each and every room but they weren’t anywhere. After looking around twice I pulled out my phone, deciding my best option was to call one of the pair.

After pulling away part of my supersuit so I could grab my phone out, I pulled up contacts and found Philza’s number. I pressed the call button and let out a hesitant, shaky breath as I heard the phone ring several times before it was answered. “Philza!” I exclaimed excitedly. “Thank goodness you are okay. You aren’t home and I was worried something had happened to you.”

A chuckle came from the other end of the line. “Oh Bad, something has happened to Philza, and something’s happened to Tommy too,” the male’s voice informed me.
My eyes widened slightly at his words before immediately narrowing again. “What did you do to them?” I tried not to sound scared, however it didn’t seem to work.

“Nothing yet.” The person stated. “Currently they are both restrained but unharmed. George and Karl are also both here, they are also unharmed.” I began quivering as he spoke, with each of my friends that he mentioned.
“H-how do you know…” I cut myself off before I could finish my question.

“How do I know about all of you being heroes?” The unnamed male finished my question, and I didn’t respond although he knew that was what I was asking. “I have my ways Bad.”
I let out a whimper of worry at what he said before quietly questioning, ‘what do you want?’

There was another chuckle. “Why would I tell you that?” The man asked. “It just ruins all of the fun. But if you want to find out, and you want to see any of your friends again, you need to come to the docks tomorrow at 5pm. Do you understand?” I nodded, before muttering a small ‘yes’ when the man told me that he wanted a verbal answer.

“Good. I’ll see you at the docks tomorrow at 5pm. If you arrive at the wrong time, or don’t turn up at all I will kill Philza.” I let out a whimper. “If you bring any police or back-up I will kill Karl.” Another whimper. “And if you use your powers in any way I will kill George. Do I make myself clear?”

I managed to choke out a response before the phone hung up and I immediately collapsed onto the floor, beginning to bawl my eyes out. At least ten minutes passed of me curled up in a ball crying, while scolding myself for being such a terrible superhero. I mean in the past week one of my friends became a traitor, another one died, and two more were kidnapped.

How could I be considered a good hero if all of that had happened in such a small amount of time. Now I was also agreeing to probably head to my death tomorrow for the chance of just being able to see my friends first.

A sniffle left me before I heard the sound of a door opening, and I glanced up slightly to see a figure walking down the stairs. “Bad?” Someone called, but I didn’t respond as I still heard them walking towards me. Although I didn’t move I had hoped it would be George, or Karl, or maybe even Technoblade.

Though I didn’t bother looking, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, and found myself leaning into the safe touch. When I eventually calmed down enough to open my eyes I was terrified to discover it was Skeppy, and recoiled back away from his touch.
“Are you okay?” He questioned, not saying anything about me sliding back away from him.

“I’m fine,” I told him, although it was clear that I was the complete opposite. His hand moved up to stroke my cheek and he wiped away some of the tears which had been stinging on my face for over an hour.
“You don’t look fine.” He pointed out, “are you sure you’re okay?”

As I was about to open my mouth to reassure the gem thief that I was perfectly fine, a sob broke through and I ended up spilling everything. “All of the other people who live here… everyone who is my family… is gone. Techno’s dead. And I am expected to walk into what is most definitely a trap tomorrow if I want a chance to see my friends again. And the only person I can talk to about it is a criminal!”

“That’s…” Skeppy hesitated. “That’s terrible. I’m so sorry.” He pulled me back into a hug and I buried my head in his shirt.
There were a few moments of silence between the two of us and his hand began rubbing circles on my back in a comforting fashion.

“How did you get in here?” I asked the ravenette after a moment. “This place has hand print ID, you can’t possibly get in. Are… are you here to take me? Will you-”
I was cut off with a hush. “Calm down,” he told me in a soothing tone. “I am not going to take you anywhere, okay?” I gave a small nod and tried to calm down.

“Plus, I am one of the best criminals in the city, I can copy prints easily. I wanted to see if you were okay after the memorial service this morning and saw you walk in here. It was a dumb idea but I wanted to check on you.” He explained as he helped me back up onto the seat, and I gave him a sympathetic smile.

There was a few minutes of silence and he seemed to see me nearly asleep, so he offered to take me to my room. “You don’t have to. You can go if you want,” I told Skeppy.
“You said yourself that your friends are all gone, and that one of your other friends has passed away. I don’t think you should be alone right now.” Skeppy responded.

The two of us walked down the hallway and he opened the door of my room when I pointed it out to him. He sat on the bed before I told him I’d be right back and I shuffled off to hang up my supersuit. It took me a lot longer (ten minutes and a round of tears) to get changed because all of the other suits were hung up in the armoury and reminded me of what was happening.

When I returned, now wearing comfortable civilian clothing he coaxed me into bed, and I managed to get him to lie beside me so that I just had someone to hold for the night. Skeppy didn’t object at all and the day and night moved on quite fast as I found comfort in him.
_________________________________________
1375 words

Tits
^^^
1376 words