Chapter 18: a bar

Sapnap POV.

Both Skeppy and I were pissed and tired of waiting, we’d agreed with Dream we’d do some planning about a possible ally who was currently lurking outside of the city. It had been something we were planning on discussing for weeks, along with Quackity and several other acquaintances, and he just disappears with his new boytoy for some sort of date.

Currently the two of them have been gone for almost five hours and we’d given up on waiting for them. Skeppy was in the kitchen eating some muffins and I was on my phone, messaging Dream continuously but constantly being ignored by him.

“I can’t be bothered hanging around here anymore.” I huffed, causing Skeppy to stop eating and begin staring at me. “I wanna go out and do something,” I continued.
“What do you wanna do then?” he asked, and I just shrugged.

“We could go to a bar, maybe get a hookup for the night, or we could go steal and set fire to some shit.” I suggested, and Skeppy seemed to agree.
“Didn’t you already have a hookup from last night?” He asked, “that redhead with the skimpy outfit from the casino?”

“Nah, she was too desperate and clingy for my standards, I shot her on the edge of the dock last night after we got away from the cops.” I chuckled lightly at the memory of that bitch.
“Fine.” Skeppy huffed, “how about we go out for a drink? If we find some cute girls we’ll take them out for dinner or something.”

Karl POV.

“Have you heard anything from George yet?” I asked Techno desperately, and my question made him sigh.
“Karl you’ve been asking that every half hour and it is still the same response. No, I have not heard from him.” The pinkette sighed.

He was in the small room we'd converted into a library, reading a book and he was clearly tired, giant bags under his eyes of several days without sleep. “Oh god something could have happened to him.” I began to freak out, “I honking knew it!”

“Nothing would have happened to him, Karl.” Techno said to reassure me, but I ignored him as I continued to freak out. Eventually he gave up and left me to panic as he turned his attention back towards his book, trying to block out the sound of me hyperventilating.

“Big K, if you want Tubbo, Ranboo, and I can help you!” Tommy suggested happily, “we’ll take out whoever thinks they can mess with Gogy!” I looked up to see him in the doorway, I hadn’t noticed him move there and was surprised to see him.
“No you won’t,” Techno said in a monotone voice, not looking up from what he was reading.

“Oh please-” The blond teen whined childishly. “You get to fight Techno, why can’t I fight?”
“Because you are a 17 year old who has no proper training or powers and has to go to school, so are Ranboo and Tubbo.” Philza was standing behind his son, I don’t know where he came from either.

“But school is boring.” The teenager complained, “I should be doing something much more important, like protecting Gogy. I could be his bodyguard!”
“Actually Tommy, I have got a superhero mission for you, Tubbo, and Ranboo if you three wanted.” Philza offered, and Tommy immediately perked up excitedly.

“What is it! Do I get to punch bad guys?” He asked excitedly, and Philza shrugged.
“Techno and I have suspected that the only child of a major criminal goes to your school.” The older blond explained. “So we need you to try and make friends with anyone who seems suspicious, and join a bunch of afterschool clubs to watch for any suspicious behaviour. But you'll need to spend as much time there as possible. Can you do that?”

Tommy immediately nodded and ran off to go to tell Ranboo and Tubbo of their new mission, meanwhile Techno and Philza exchanged a smirk. “Can you two stop making up stuff to get rid of Tommy for a couple of hours, George could be in trouble.” I reminded them.

“Karl calm down. George has electricity up his sleeve, plus the element of surprise, he’ll be fine.” Phil reassured me. I nodded and relaxed slightly, but the sound of an alarm going off made me freak out again. What if that was because George was dead?

My question was answered as Bad entered the room, already suited up in his super suit. “A bank is being robbed near the city centre.” He informed us, “should we all head out?”
Philza sent a glance over to me before shaking his head. “No need. Techno can head out on his own, he can handle it. Bad, Karl might need some help with you. You are better at helping people who are stressed than Techno,” The blond stated.

Bad glanced at my on edge expression and gave a nod of understanding, he ran over to me and grabbed my hands. “How about we go out? We could see a movie or go to a park or go and shop somewhere.” He offered, and I nodded.

Bad quickly went to get changed as he left me to think and he returned a minute later in casual clothes. “So have you decided where you want to go?” He asked happily, and I just nodded.
I grabbed his hand and in an instant teleported us both out of the room. Eventually I landed in an alleyway and Bad stumbled as I let go of him, regaining his footing a minute later.

“Where are we?” he questioned as I walked out of the alleyway with him following behind me closely, since he still didn’t know where we were.
“We are at a bar to drink away our problems.” I responded and Bad opened his mouth to object us going to a bar since he’s never tasted alcohol in his life.

“Are you sure that this is a good place to go?” He asked worriedly, “maybe going to get some ice cream at the beach would be a better option.”
I shook my head, and Bad sighed and muttered something under his breath as he followed me into the bar.

There were only a few people around and Bad glanced nervously at them all as I went to grab myself a beer and him a glass of water. We sat down at a table in the centre of the room before the door opened and a pair of ravenettes walked in. I didn’t notice them, because my back was facing them, but Bad did and his fists clenched.

“What’s wrong?” I questioned, seeing him creating wolverine-like claws with his hands as his eyes narrowed. I looked over my shoulder and saw a pair of familiar faces walking into the bar, a pair of criminals whose faces were very well known.
_________________________________________
1157 words