"What is my life?!"

You arrive home, feeling run down and tired. You're beginning to think that moving to London wasn't such a good idea, after all. The impression it has made on you so far has been pretty rubbish. Maybe you would have been better moving somewhere more quiet and calm - or not moving at all.

Then again, you remember the situation with your mother at the moment, and your weariness increases. You know it's selfish to think of it, but wouldn't it be better for you just to be someone else?

You open the front door of the house, walk up to your room and go on your laptop, after changing out of your uncomfortable formal clothes and into your pyjamas. It's not even night time yet - you just feel like there's not much point in going out anywhere else today.

The whole day's happenings have left you emotionally worn out. You feel on the brink of an existential crisis.

What's the point anymore?

You try to push any depressing thoughts to the back of your mind, and open a Google search tab, typing in 'waitress job vacancies london'.

Nothing much comes up, and you don't feel like searching for anything more. You close the tab, logging in to YouTube. It always cheers you up, and you're really needing a pick-me-up after today.

You go onto Dan's channel and play his latest video, the baby food challenge one - the one he did with you. Dan's editing combined with the silly comments you two made make the video very funny. You find yourself chuckling at some parts.

You scroll through the comments on your second play through of the video, silently praying that no one is hating on you. You've seen many nasty comments on people's videos, and you can just hope that none will crop up on this video.

fluffybunnies123: ship it! omg

coolsniper360: She's pretty tbh

hedgehogsandshiz: anyone who ships them should comment with a heart on this post

There were over 4,000 reply comments. Okay, you know that not all of them are hearts, but still. You can dream. Loading the previous reply comments, you see that most of them are actually heart emojis.

You feel a smile break out across your face. People actually like the idea of you and Dan together? A few weeks ago, the idea would be unfathomable.

Your pleasant fangirl daydream is interrupted by the sound of your mobile phone ringing. You hurriedly pick it up, a little bit startled by the sudden noise.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Y/n," a person with a British accent says. You immediately know who it is.

"Hi, Dan. How are you?"

"I'm okay, thank you. Yourself?"

"Honestly, I'm having a crap day," you tell him with a sigh. "I had the most horrible interviewer ever. He was so sarcastic."

"Aw, that sounds pretty rough. What job were you applying for?" Dan asks you.

"Not anything important, just a waitress at a café, or a barista. The job wasn't specific. It was one of those ones where you go in and get interviewed, and then if they like you, you get given the job you're most suited to," you explain briefly.

"Did you get the job?"

"No," you reply glumly.

"Don't worry about it, Y/n. There are tonnes of waitress type jobs round here, and with your pretty face and personality, you won't be searching long, I know it," Dan assures you.

You brush off the fact that he called you pretty, unintentionally focusing on whatever negative things you can get out of his comment. "The thing is, most people don't like my personality. I seem to repel everyone important. I'm clumsy, forgetful, disorganised and weird."