The Fairground

You put on your black beanie, leather jacket, black jeans and maroon converse and go out into the hallway, where Dan is waiting for you.

"Ready?" he asks, holding out his hand.

"Ready," you reply, smiling and slipping your hand into his.

"Bye Phil!" he calls out.

"Bye! Have fun!" Phil calls back from his room.

You and Dan walk down the stairs and go out into the slightly cold spring air. You can feel your nose going pink already.

"Yay, I'm already turning into Rudolph," you mumble sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

Dan laughs. "Don't worry about it, it happens to me too."

He walks forward off the step, slips and falls on his butt. You stifle a laugh and hurry cautiously over to help him up.

"Are you alright?" you ask as Dan stands up again.

"Yeah, I'll be okay. I might not be able to sit down for a few days, though," he replies, smiling at you and chuckling, showing off his dimples.

"That's what she said," you remark, waggling your eyebrows at him.

He rolls his eyes at you and grins, taking your hand and starting to walk again.

*le time skip*

You arrive at the park, where the fair is, and look around. The big ferris wheel is in the centre, with some smaller rides scattered around it.

"Right, before we begin, do you not like any of the rides?" you ask Dan seriously. "And I won't judge if you don't."

"Nope, I'm not a wuss," he replies, smirking at you.

"Of course you're not," you reply sarcastically, winking at him and leading him over to the Dodgems, which has a small (ish) queue. "Can we go on these? Pleaseeee?"

"Sure," he says happily.

"Should we pretend not to be together in public? Because of your viewers..." you whisper anxiously, chewing on your lip.

"No, it's fine. I think we maybe should tell everyone soon anyway. What do you think?" he whispers back.

"Yeah, I think we should," you whisper. "Why are we whispering?"

He shrugs. "You started it."

You elbow him lightly in the ribs, and he laughs at you.

Eventually, the queue dies down and Dan gets into a black shiny car with stars up the side. You get into a f/c one, grin at Dan and mouth: "I'm gonna beat you up."

He laughs and mouths back: "I don't think so!"

You fasten your seatbelt and he does the same. The bell rings and the engines start. You and Dan keep bumping into each other the whole time.

A girl in another car, wearing a llama hat, waves at you. You're a bit puzzled at first, but then you remember that she must recognise you from your channel. You wave back and smile.

She looks around and sees Dan. She waves to him too, but he's too busy concentrating on turning corners to notice.

You drive over to the girl.

"Don't worry, I'll ask him to come over to you when the ride ends."

She nods excitedly. "Thanks!" she squeals.

"What's your name?"

"Mimi," she replies, still grinning.

You smile at her briefly, then concentrate on bashing into Dan again.