Phangirls and Embarrassing Phil

Phil's POV:

We get off the pod and stand at the side, looking over the black railings into the River Thames.

I look over at Minty. "What do you wa-"

"AMAZINGPHIL!" someone screams.

As much as I love meeting people who watch my videos, I don't like all the screaming... it's unsettling.

Nevertheless, I turn around, plastering a fake smile on my face and seeing a large group of teenage girls standing about five metres away.

The space between us soon changes, though. They come rushing towards me, stopping only a short distance from my face. Minty is pushed to the side. I give her an apologetic look.

"Oh my word, I never thought I'd see you in real life!" one girl squeals, reaching out to touch my face.

I laugh nervously and move away from her hand. "Well, here I am!"

Usually, I have Dan to assist me with this stuff. It's better with him around. He handles the crowds really well, surprisingly.

Now, I feel very claustrophobic and panicky without him.

"Do any of you want pictures?" I ask them, just to be polite.

They nod enthusiastically, and begin to crowd closer. Oh gosh. My chest tightens, making it hard to breathe. I feel like I'm shrinking, being swallowed up into the ground. I put my arms over my head to shield myself from their intimidating gazes.

"If you all want a picture, for God's sake get in a queue! Would you like to be crowded round like you've done to Phil?" a female voice says.

Minty.

I take my arms away from my face slowly. She gives me an apologetic look and puts her hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

I smile at her thankfully and step forward to get pictures with all the girls, who are now in a line.

"Sorry about that, guys. I just get a bit claustrophobic sometimes," I say, shrugging and giving them a small smile.

They all apologise, looking genuinely guilty, and take pictures with me.

Eventually, there's no one left. They all walk away, waving to me.

I wave back, then turn to Minty. "Thank you. You were great."

She shrugs. "No problem. They were being creepy."

I laugh quietly. "Yeah they were, a little. Viewers aren't usually like that - they're normally really nice..."

She shrugs again. "Where do you want to go now?"

"How about going to get bubble tea?"

She snorts. "Bubble tea?"

I pout at her briefly, then smile. "Yeah, bubble tea. I don't know how to describe it, really. You'll have to come and see what it tastes like!"

"Okay?" she says, raising her eyebrow at me and smiling.

I start walking to the bubble tea place, gesturing for her to follow me. She walks up beside me again and slips her hand into mine, glancing apprehensively at me, as if she's scared of what my reaction will be. I don't pull it away this time, though, and give her a small smile. She seems reassured by that, and looks forward happily.

Back to you!

You lie back on the sofa, sighing in boredom.

"What, annoyed that I beat you at Mario Kart again?" Dan teases.