Brighton Beach

Your phone's incessant ringing wakes you up. Your head is throbbing painfully, and you find it difficult to keep your eyes open. It's too early to function.

You sigh and pick up the phone before it wakes Dan up, although it probably has already.

"Hello?"

"Heya! It's George again - oh my god, I haven't seen you in forever! How's the family?"

Huh?

"Sorry... um, George, I think you must have the wrong number," you say slowly.

"What? Aw, crap. I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay. Hope you find the person you're looking for," you reply awkwardly. "Goodbye!"

You sigh and put your phone down on the mattress, checking the time. 4am?!

Uggghhhh.

You lock your phone and set it on the bedside table, practically faceplanting into your pillow with the exhaustion.

Dan makes a little sleepy noise next to you. You turn your head to look at him, and he rolls over in his sleep so his back is to you.

You find yourself in a daydream, thinking how surreal all of this is. You went from a simple lonely fangirl to a girlfriend of one of your favourite youtubers...

You sigh happily. Your eyes wander to Dan's bare back, freckles dotted across his lightly tanned skin. His mahogany coloured hair is curly and forming a tangled mess on his head. He must have tossed and turned a lot in his sleep.

Dan rolls over again so he's facing you, one of his curls falling in his face. He scrunches his nose up and scratches his cheek slowly.

Realising how creepy you're being with the staring, you awkwardly look away, but you can't help looking at him again and brushing his hair out of his face softly, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

You yawn, your eyes beginning to feel tired. You shuffle closer to Dan and fall asleep.

*le time skip*

You wake up slowly as someone comes in the door and sits down on the mattress beside you. You open your eyes and see the smiling face of Dan next to you.

"Hey, sleeping beauty," he says, looking down at you.

You blush, remembering back to when he said that to you before. You had fallen asleep in his arms, and woke up to him saying that to you.

"You said that to me-" you start.

"A few days after we met, I know," he replies, smiling a bit wider. "Then I offered you pizza."

"The true way to a person's heart," you joke, sitting up in bed and stretching your tired arms out. "Did you hear the phone earlier this morning?"

"No?"

"Oh, that's good. It was someone called George asking about my family... they had the wrong number, obviously. I'm glad it didn't wake you up."

Dan hums in agreement. "Do you want to come and watch a 'morning anime' with me in the lounge? I think it's Death Note... but I'll have to ask Phil. Minty's watching too, I think."

You nod and swing your legs over the side of the bed, putting on some fluffy socks on to keep your feet warm. Dan gets up and hands you your crutches. You hook your hands in them and stand up, following Dan to the lounge.

He sits down on the sofa beside Phil, and you sit next to him, setting your crutches on the floor and leaning your head on Dan's shoulder.

"Hey Y/n," Phil says to you with a sleepy smile. "You're just in time for Death Note!"