Decorating and Christmas!

A/N: HERE YOU ALL GO AS A REALLY LATE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR'S PRESENT YOU'RE WELCOME (this is also a super long chapter :))) I kid you not, this is literally 6281 words long)

The rain droplets on the window shimmer and sparkle as the lampposts' orange glow and the shine of cars' headlights reflect off them.

As it's currently winter, the evenings are getting darker more quickly, meaning that streetlights have to be turned on earlier.

You sigh to yourself as you look out the window, admiring the somewhat distorted scenery through the water drops.

Dan reaches back from the driver's seat and rubs your knee softly. "You okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you reply, putting your hand in his and squeezing it. "You might need that hand for driving though, you know."

Dan sighs dramatically, putting his hand back on the steering wheel. "I know, I was just worried. You're so mean."

"How am I being mean? I would just prefer it if we didn't crash today," you reply with a laugh. "Or any day, for that matter."

"True, that," Minty says from beside you, nodding in agreement.

Phil looks back at her, smiling. Oh jeez, he's got it bad. You smile at the situation, rolling your eyes and bringing out your phone.

Hey Chris! PJ can come, so you won't be the awkward fifth wheeler haha
Hope you can come :) The restaurant is called 'Anima e Cuore'.

You send the text to Chris, satisfied with it. A few seconds later, your phone vibrates.

Hello, Y/n :) Aha, that's great. I'll see you there!

"Chris can come," you say, smiling at his text.

"Yay!" Phil exclaims, extending his arms upwards excitedly.

*le time skip*

"We're here!" Dan says, pulling up beside the footpath and turning the engine off.

You all unbuckle your seatbelts. Dan gets out quickly and opens your door for you, assisting you with your crutches, and helping you get out of the car.

The cold, fresh air nips at your fingers, making you curl them towards your palm, hoping to retain some warmth. Needless to say, it doesn't work.

Dan locks the car and walks beside you, his arm around your shoulders. After a short walk, you're nearly at the restaurant you're going to. The name is shown in big, bold, illuminated letters which lights up the street somewhat.

(A/N: 'Anima e Cuore' is a real place in London, and I don't own it - please don't sue me k thanks)

You spot a familiar head of curly hair outside the doors, and smile. You haven't seen PJ in ages, and you're really glad he could come.

"PJ!" you shout out to him, forgetting about your sore throat and immediately regretting raising your voice.

PJ's head jerks up from his phone. He spots you smiling at him, and waves awkwardly, walking over to greet you.

"Hello!" he says cheerfully, extending his arms out for a hug. You hug him as best as you can with your crutches.

"Haven't seen you in ages, Y/n!" he exclaims excitedly, smiling warmly as he pulls back. "How's your burn?"

You look at him in confusion. "How did you know about that?"

"Oh, Dan told me a while ago."

"Ohhh," you say in realisation, nodding slowly. "It's gradually getting better, thanks for asking."