Never Let Me Go

You wake up to warm air hitting the back of your neck and tickling you. You squirm in discomfort and roll away from it, falling off the bed with a loud 'thump!'

Dan wakes up with a jolt, banging his head on the headboard and groaning in pain. "Ow... Y/n? Where are you?"

"Here," you reply with a small sigh, continuing to lie on Dan's grey carpet, the side of your face pressed to the rough surface.

He looks down at you and chuckles. "You okay? Did you hurt anything?"

"Only my dignity," you reply, shutting your eyes. "If I even had any to start off with. How is your head?"

"Sore," he replies, then laughs to himself. "This is a great start to the day, isn't it?"

"Mmph," you say into the carpet. You go to prop yourself up on your elbows, then decide against it and reach your hands out to your boyfriend instead. "Help me, please."

"No, peasant," Dan scoffs, rolling his eyes at you. "You must stay there until your flesh is rotten and decaying."

You pout at him. "That's mean."

"It is," he agrees, grinning at you and leaning over the side of the bed to poke your cheek. "You're my prisoner forever," he says, proceeding to laugh like a maniac.

You give him a strange look and stretch your arms out to him again. This time, he helps you up onto your knees. From there, you sort of crawl back onto the bed, pulling the duvet up while Dan puts his warm arms around you.

"I have plans for today," he mumbles into your hair after a short silence.

"What are they?" you ask curiously.

"It's a surprise," he replies, kissing your temple softly. "For the plan to work, we should probably get up soon."

"Your plans don't involve climbing to the top of a hill at night in the freezing cold, like last time?" you tease.

"Oi, that was romantic," Dan replies defensively.

"Yeah yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night," you reply, grinning at his playfully annoyed expression.

He rolls his eyes at you and slowly sits up, stretching up towards the ceiling. Then he gets out of bed. Just as he opens the door, he's pushed backwards by someone opening it from the other side, and falls with a 'crash!' onto the floor.

Phil rushes into the room and kneels beside Dan. "Oh my god, are you okay? I'm so so sorry! Do you need some ice or something?"

"I'm fine," he replies, his teeth gritted from the pain. He sits up carefully and closes his eyes. "My ass hurts."

Phil looks worried. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, Phil. I'm fine. Stop worrying, you plank," Dan says with a laugh.

"Your mum's a plank," Phil mumbles, making you and Dan laugh. "I was just coming in to tell you both that Minty and I are going out. We'll see you later. Bye!"

"Bye, Phil," you and Dan say as Phil walks out of the room again, shutting the door behind him.

Dan gets up from the floor, his posture similar to an old hunchbacked man. He cracks his back, lets out a satisfied sigh, and straightens up normally.

You give him an amused look and he chuckles, smiling at you as he walks out of the room. A few minutes later, you decide to get up too. You're quite hungry, so you hook your arms into your crutches and go into the kitchen to get some breakfast. You open the cupboard to get the cereal out, only to see a heart shaped post it note stuck on the side of the box.