Alpacalypse.

You groan and turn over in the bed, trying to get more comfortable. Dan's snoring softly next to you. You find a more comfortable way to lie.

You're about to close your eyes again when you spot light coming through the crack under your door. Someone must have left the landing light on.

You sigh and lift Dan's arm off your waist, setting it back down gently on the duvet, so you don't wake him up. You pad across the bedroom floor in your bare feet, towards the door.

You yawn and grab the doorknob, only to burn your hand. You pull it back hurriedly and inspect it for burn marks. There are none, but it still stings.

You look at the door, puzzled. You grab a dressing gown and put it over your hand to protect yourself from the hot doorknob, and turn it, opening the door.

A bright orange light sears your eyelids, and heat rushes into the room. A sour smell hangs in the air - smoke.

You bring your hand up to your face and run back into the room. You shake Dan's shoulders urgently.

"Dan!" You choke out, coughing from all the smoke. "There's a fire - wake up!"

He groans and sits up slowly, rubbing his eyes. "W-What?"

"There's a fire! Get out of bed!" you repeat, shouting over the noise of the flames.

His eyes widen and he throws the duvet off him quickly, looking out the bedroom door, where the flames crackle and flicker menacingly.

You hear an ear-splitting cracking, crunching sound. You walk cautiously over to the door of your bedroom, and see that the stairs have collapsed due to the heat. Now there's no way to get to the front door - no way to escape.

You give Dan a look of pure terror. "Dan... we're going to die..."

Tears prick at the corners of your eyes, and your vision goes blurry. Dan puts his arms around you, and gives you a quick, tight hug.

"Y/n, we are not dying tonight. There has to be another way to get out... How high is the window from the ground?" he asks.

You wipe your eyes and cough again. "We're on the third floor, we can't jump from here!"

He runs a hand through his hair. "Is your phone still working?"

You look over to the bedside table, where your phone is sitting. You run over and grab it. You look back at the flames anxiously. They're spreading quickly across the carpet, completely destroying it.

You chuck the phone to Dan, who catches it and starts dialling for the ambulance (999, because this is set in England).

There's a sudden pain in your foot, making you yelp in pain. Your foot is being attacked by the flames. The stinging is so intense, tears start streaming from your eyes. You run over to Dan again, limping.

He gives you a worried look. "Yes," he says into the phone. "Please hurry!" He sets it down and looks at your foot. "Holy f***, Y/n!"

"Is it bad?" you manage to ask, wincing.

He gulps and nods slowly. "I've decided what we can do. Help me push the mattress out of the window!"

You nod and bite your lip in pain as you stub your toe on the edge of the bed.

Way to go, Y/n.

You lift one end of the mattress, and Dan lifts the other one. Together, you manage to squash it out of your (luckily) big window and drop it onto the grass below. Dan grabs the duvet and all the plushies he can carry, throwing them onto the mattress too.