The Inner Badass

You open your eyes and roll over to avoid the piercing rays of the sun coming through your window.

You groan and try to wake yourself up. You've been drifting in and out of sleep for about an hour, which isn't fun. You've come to the conclusion that you need to get up.

But it's harder than it sounds... You've tried throwing the bed covers off you, you've tried banging your head against the wall, you've tried purposely falling out of bed; nothing is working.

You fall asleep again for the umpteenth time.

Phil helps by coming in and singing the llama song loudly, banging two saucepans together in time to it.

"You're going to dent those, Phil," you mumble sleepily.

"Oh well. We need new ones anyway. Get up! Or I'll send Dan in to tickle you."

"I'm up, I'm up," you say quickly, laughing.

Phil smirks at you. "Good." He walks out.

You drag yourself out of bed and get dressed.

*le time skip*

You continue to scroll through Tumblr, bored out of your mind.

The floor creaks. You look up and scan the room, going back to Tumblr when you don't see anything.

The floor creaks again. You look up, and Dan's standing in your doorway. You jump.

"Agh, Dan, stop doing that!"

He laughs and throws you your jacket. You stare at him, confused.

"We're going to the radio show. You have to come too, orders of the Alpaca King," he explains, managing to keep a completely straight face.

You raise an eyebrow at him. "Alpaca King?"

"Yes, his word is law. Come on! We're already half an hour late."

"And whose fault was that?"

"Phil's...?"

"Of course it was," you say, rolling your eyes. "Won't you have missed it, if you're already half an hour late?"

"No, we spend forty five minutes or so getting ready, usually."

"Ohhh."

*le time skip*

You and Dan, hands interlocked, enter the studio, with Phil beside you. A man greets you as you get to the desk.

"Hi Dan, hi Phil," he says, waving. He stops when he sees you and looks you up and down. It makes you really uncomfortable, and you inch away from him slightly. Dan must sense it, because he squeezes your hand.

"And who might this stunning young lady be?" the man continues.

"Y/n, my girlfriend," Dan says, emphasising the word girlfriend. His words have a slight edge to them.

"You're a very lucky man. She's a keeper," the man says, winking at you.

You look at him in utter disgust. You're not a toy. Dan pulls you closer to him.

"This is Drake, one of the people who work here," he explains to you.

"Pleased to meet you," Drake says, taking your hand and shaking it.

You give him a forced smile.

"Well, anyway, we have to move on. I'll see you later," Dan says to Drake, leading you into another room. He rolls his eyes once Drake's out of sight, and you giggle.

"This is our recording room," Phil says, gesturing around him, grinning.

Dan smiles and leads you over to a group of people with headphones on.

You're all introduced in the space of about 20 seconds, as they don't really look up from whatever they're doing on their screens.

A man behind the camera looks at Dan and Phil, and says, "Be ready in 10, guys."

Dan nods and lets go of your hand. He walks over to a space beside the camera and pulls up a chair for you. You sit down and grin at him.

"Good luck!"

"Thanks."

*le time skip*

As the camera turns off, everyone in the studio claps. Phil takes a dramatic bow, nearly falling over.

You smile at them both and take Dan's hand again.

"Great job, everyone!" a man says.

"Thanks, Steven. See you soon!" Phil says, waving and going out into the foyer again. You and Dan follow him.

On the way out, Drake winks at you again. You're angry with him, and you're feeling kind of badass today, so you stick out your tongue at him and give him the finger.

The look of shock, then anger on his face makes you wish you brought a camera.

You stifle a giggle and start to walk faster, before he says anything.

"Hey, what's the rush?" Dan huffs, struggling to keep up with you.

"I may or may not have given Drake the finger and now I am running away before he catches me and kills me," you say in one breath.

Dan hi-fives you and laughs. "He had it coming."

*le other time skip*

"Let's call in with Chris, Dan. He told me that PJ was over. That is, if you don't mind calling in with them, Y/n," Phil says, looking over at you and Dan, who are rather squashed, at the back of the black taxi.

Dan nods, then looks at you, as if he wants your permission. You shrug and give him a small smile. "Yeah, sure."

"Okay, let's go then," Dan says, telling the taxi driver the new destination.

*le time skip (again)*

You arrive at Chris' house about ten minutes later. Dan gets out and opens your door for you.

"Thanks," you say, looking down to hide your flushed face.

"No problem," he replies, smirking at you.

Phil rolls his eyes at both of you and walks up to the doorstep, pressing a buzzer. You wait for a moment, then a voice that sounds like Colin Firth (Chris doing one of his amazing accents) says, "Password?"

Dan and Phil laugh simultaneously.

"Oh, Dan! Phil!" PJ says, this time. "Come on up!"

"No, Peej, they need the password!" Chris protests.

"The password is 'pancakes', guys," PJ whispers.

"Pancakes," Phil says into the buzzer, laughing.

"Correct!" Chris says. "Now, I shall escort you all up to the palace of kickthestickz! Wait there, please."

Dan leans against the wall and smiles at you as you wait for Chris to come down.

"Dan, Phil! How are ya? And Y/n! Hello! Come in guys, come in!"

A/N: Sup diggity dogs! (If you get my reference, you're automatically my best friend ;3) So, it's finally the weekend! *fistpumps* Here come the two days of procrastination! Woop woop :D