Stirfry and Complete Failures

"You must be Gertrude," you say to her, shaking her hand.

"That's me," she replies, smiling somewhat apprehensively.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Y/n. This is Dan, as you might know already. I hope Phil hasn't told you anything bad about us!" you continue, winking at Phil.

"Nice to meet you, Dan. And no, I know nothing about you guys."

You laugh. "Okay."

Dan looks down at the floor and rocks back and forward. You clear your throat.

"So, umm... I have to go and film a video now," you say, walking to the door again. "Bye!"

Phil waves awkwardly. Dan scratches his neck and looks up at Phil and Gertrude.

"Uh, me too. We're doing a collab. See you later," he says, following you.

You close the door after him and you both exchange looks.

"Well, that wasn't awkward at all," you whisper sarcastically.

"I know," Dan replies, rolling his eyes.

"She's pretty," you say, looking down at your scuffed converse.

"Not as pretty as you, though." Dan says softly.

Your cheeks heat up and you smile. He lifts your face gently and starts kissing you. You kiss him back at first, but then you remember something.

"Dan, let's go somewhere else. I don't really want Gertrude creeping on us..."

He chuckles quietly, takes your hand and leads you into his room. You kiss for a while longer, then he pulls away.

"Have you seen the Tumblr post?" he asks you.

"The one about the fanfiction...?"

"Yep. Wanna read it?"

At first you think NO WAY!, but curiosity overcomes you. "Okay. I'm scared..."

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from the scary fanfiction writers," Dan says, winking at you and opening his laptop.

You lay your head on his shoulder and look at the screen. His cursor hovers over the link to the fanfiction.

"The suspense is killing me," you mumble.

He laughs and clicks on it.

" 'Tonight, a (your and Dan's ship name) fanfiction.' " Dan reads off the screen. He stops and looks at you. "You read your parts."

"Alright," you agree, somewhat reluctantly.

He continues. " 'It was a cold night, and the wind was howling outside Dan and Phil's flat. Y/n was cuddled up to Dan, stroking his hair.' Your part."

" 'Hey, Dan, wanna fuc-' OKAY, NOPE! That's enough fanfiction reading for my whole life..."

Dan laughs hysterically, clutching his stomach. He scans the screen. "Nothing much really happe- oh, there's the smut."

You close his laptop. "Eugh."

"Want to play video games instead?" he asks you, smiling.

"Sure," you reply, shrugging. "What did you have in mind?"

"How about a horror?" he suggests, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Fine, but if I have nightmares tonight, I'm blaming you," you say, pointing your finger at him menacingly.

"That's okay. I'm usually up really late anyway. What about... Outlast?"

"Alright."

*le time skip*