Morning Breath Kisses

A/N: I lost my phone for one day (stupid ik, ik) and when I found it again, I had around 300 notifications! You guys are amazing, and you all make me so happy ^v^

Phil's POV:

I sit up in bed, and extend my arms out wide in a stretch, making a strangled goose noise.

Too late, I remember that I'm sharing a room with Minty, and I probably woke her up.

I clamp my hand over my mouth and peer cautiously over the side of my bed onto the floor, where I set Dan's mattress down for Minty to sleep on.

She's not there. I sit back up again, puzzled, and get out of bed to go look for her.

Eventually, I find her in the kitchen, cooking something.

"Hello," I say sleepily.

She smiles at me. "Hey! Sleep well?"

"I slept great, how about you?"

"I slept as great as could be expected, for a mattress on the floor," she replies, frowning.

I open my mouth. "I'm so sorry, oh my goodness! You should have just told me, you could have had my bed and I would have slept on the floor... I feel so bad now," I blurt.

She laughs at my rambling. "I'm joking, you spoon."

I feel my cheeks heat up. "Oh... oops."

She chuckles quietly and turns back to the frying pan on the hob.

"What're you making?" I ask, peeping over her shoulder.

"Pancakes," she replies, flipping one over perfectly.

I stare at her in awe. "How did you do that so well?"

"How did I flip it over?" she asks.

I nod.

She shrugs and smiles at me. "I'm just a naturally awesome pancake flipper. How are your pancake flipping skills?"

"They're alright. Sometimes I'm really good at it, and other times the pancake lands on the ceiling..." I say shamefully.

Minty laughs. "Do you want a go?" she says, offering me the pan.

I consider it, but then shake my head. I would probably just ruin the ceiling... or the floor.

"I'm going to get ready. We'll go to the hospital again after breakfast, if that's okay?" I say.

Minty nods and smiles.

Back to you!

You rub your eyes and sit up, frowning at your unfamiliar surroundings.

Then it all comes rushing back.

You look down at your leg, which is patchy and badly swollen. You try moving a toe, which results in almost eye-watering pain.

You curse under your breath.

"Good morning to you, too," comes a familiar voice from beside you, followed by a laugh.

You blush. "Sorry."

Dan sits up and looks at you, smirking. "It's okay. It was quite amusing, actually."

You roll your eyes and smile at him.

"Do you love me enough to give me a morning breath kiss?" he asks you suddenly.

You scrunch up your nose at the idea. Dan pouts at you and looks away.

You know he's mocking being sad, but it still tugs at your heartstrings.

You roll your eyes at him, cup his face and press your lips to his. He makes a little noise of surprise, then relaxes into the kiss.