Teasing ^v^

You try to speak to Dan, but your first word comes out all croaky. You stop speaking, pout and rub your throat.

"Do you need some water?" Dan asks fondly, smiling at you.

You nod and reach for your crutches, putting your hands in them and hauling yourself to your feet. Dan gets up swiftly, wearing a concerned expression. He comes over to your side and puts his arm around your waist, supporting you.

"You're sick," he says gently. "Lie down, and I'll get you the water."

"No," you insist, cringing from how your throat burns as you speak. "I'll get it, I need to walk around for a bit anyway. My legs ache."

Dan looks into your eyes, and you look back. Eventually, he looks down, taking his arm from around your waist and fiddling with his fingers. "Yeah, okay. Be careful."

You laugh hoarsely. "You make it sound like I'm going on a dangerous quest, or something."

"I'm just worried you'll fall," he protests, kissing your temple. "I love you."

"Love you too," you say back quietly, smiling and walking off to the kitchen.

When you get there, you're surprised to see Phil and Minty there, hugging each other tightly.
You clear your throat awkwardly, and they pull back from each other. You smile warmly at them both.

"Hey guys. Welcome back, Minty. How's your mum?"

"Hey, Y/n. She's okay, strict as ever," Minty replies, rolling her eyes.

"I know how you feel," you say with a laugh, going over to the cupboard, getting a glass, and filling it up with water. You take a sip, the cool liquid instantly soothing your throat.

When you turn back around, you catch Phil and Minty staring at each other, both with a pink tint to their cheeks.

You smile knowingly, about to roll your eyes at them. You stop once you realise this is probably what you and Dan used to be like. "Did I miss something?" you tease, wiggling your eyebrows.

They both try to speak at once, stopping abruptly once they realise what happened.

"I'll talk," Minty says, laughing awkwardly. "Well... basically, Phil asked me to be his girlfriend!"

You 'aww' at them and grin. "That's wonderfu-" you begin, being interrupted by a sneeze. You scrunch your nose up. "What I was going to say is that's wonderful!"

Minty smiles widely. "I know, right?!" she says excitedly, her whole face lit up with joy, but then stops herself. "I mean, uh..."

She makes nervous eye contact with Phil, who gives her a small smile and slips his arm around her waist. They share knowing glances, which makes you almost squeal in delight.

No, Y/n. Repress the inner fangirl.

Dammit.

"Well, as much as I love watching you two stare into each other's eyes, I have to go now, see you," you say to Minty and Phil, rolling your eyes playfully, finishing the water and going back to Dan's room.

You open the door and see him sprawled out on top of his black, grey and white covers, on his laptop (of course) and scrolling lazily with his left hand.

"Nice chins," you tease.

"Thanks," he replies. "I exfoliate and moisturise them every day. They need very special care."

You look at him strangely, raising your eyebrows.

"I'm not sorry for that," he adds, grinning, closing his laptop and yawning. "I was thinking that we could put up and decorate the Christmas tree today, you up for it?"