Hiccups and Phone Conversations

Dan and Phil's house phone rings, making you flinch. Dan chuckles at your reaction, gets up from his spot beside you on the sofa and goes out into the hall to answer it.

"Hello? Yeah, she's right here, hold on a sec."

He walks into the living room again, holding the phone out to you.

You raise your eyebrow at him, and he shrugs and mouths, "I don't know". You take the phone from his hand.

"Hello?" you say into it, furrowing your eyebrows.

"Is this Y/n?" an old man's voice asks.

"Yes..."

Dan sits down on the floor, cross legged, and looks at you.

"Ah, good afternoon," the man on the phone continues. "It's Woodlove Funeral Directors here. We have heard of your mother's passing... I'm terribly sorry."

"It's alright..." you reply, uncomfortably. "It's not your fault."

"Yes..." He pauses. "I'm sorry to put this so blandly, but we have your mother's will to discuss."

You take a deep breath to calm your racing heart. "Yeah, okay. When do you want to do it?"

"Whenever suits you, although tomorrow would be a good time for us. We're less busy."

"Tomorrow suits me, I think. What time will I come?" you ask, chewing your lip.

"Any time you like. Do you need the address?"

"No thanks, I'll just look it up..." you reply awkwardly.

"Oh, of course. Well, cheerio!"

You wonder how a funeral director can be so cheerful.

"Bye."

You hang up and put the phone down on the coffee table.

"Who was it?" Dan asks impatiently, looking intently at you.

"The funeral directors... I have to discuss Mum's will," you choke out.

He rushes over to your side and pulls you into a tight hug. You bury your face in his chest and hold on to his shirt, trying to stop the tears.

*le time skip*

You let out a deep sigh as your tears stop. Dan gives you a small smile and continues to rub the back of your hand reassuringly.

He chews his lip in thought, then raises his head and grins. "I know what would cheer you up!"

"What?" you ask.

"Well, I have a few suggestions..." he replies. He counts them off on his fingers. "I have five suggestions."

You gesture for him to continue speaking.

"Okay," he begins. "One: order a takeaway. Two: go out to the park. Three: cuddle and watch a movie. Four: make a funny video. Five: baking something."

You consider the options. You don't really want to go out to the park, because you'd have to walk around with your crutches, and that's not very fun sounding. You're not very hungry either, so you don't want a takeaway.

"Y/n?" Dan asks you, looking worried. You must have zoned out.

"I'm thinking..." you reply. "Can we maybe do the photobooth challenge?"

Dan nods and grins. "Of course!"

*le time skip*

"Hey there! My name's Y/n, and this is my boyfriend, Dan!" you greet.