Cooking and Arguments

You eventually decide to make cookies. You find some Maltesers in the cupboard, too. Even better. You get all the ingredients out and get started.

*le time skip*

You put the unbaked cookies in the oven and clean up.

"Dan! You can put your pizza in now!" you shout.

You hear a groan from the living room and a getting-up-from-sofa noise. Dan and Phil were watching Friends, from what you could hear.

Dan trudges in, opens the oven, and puts the pizza and chips onto the shelf below the cookies.

You smile at him.

"Can I go now?" he says.

"Well, you could... but then again, you could help me with the dishes," you reply, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"What's a dishwasher for, Y/n?"

"You can't put saucepans in the dishwasher."

Phil made soup earlier, and the saucepan was still sitting out.

Dan waves his hand. "Psh, I do it all the time."

"You're gonna break it if you keep doing that."

He sighs. "Fine. I'll help you."

You smile at him triumphantly. "Oh, you're such a gentleman." you say in a posh voice.

"I know, I know," he replies, rolling his eyes and coming over to dry the dishes.

*le tiny time skip*

Without warning, Dan scoops up a handful of bubbles and plops it on your head.

You shriek as the water runs down your back. He doubles over, laughing.

You seize the opportunity and put some bubbles down his back. He yelps and writhes around.

Now it's your turn to laugh, and once you've started you can't stop.

Suddenly, Phil is standing at the kitchen doorway, glaring at you both. You giggle at him and Dan joins you.

​"You guys are so immature. Dan, go and get changed," Phil says, rolling his eyes.

"You're not my mum, Phil," Dan jokes.

"No, but I don't want you getting everything wet."

"Okay, okay. I'm going."

On the way out, Dan mouths 'man period' at you. You stifle a laugh.

Phil sighs. "This place is a mess."

"I'll help clear it up," you volunteer.

"No, it's Dan who should be helping," Phil says, scowling.

"Phil, what's going on? Why are you being hostile towards Dan?" you ask.

"It's nothing," Phil replies, shrugging.

But you're still worried.

*le time skip*

Dan clicks his fingers in front of your face, snapping you out of your daydream. You flinch.

"What?" you ask.

"I said," he replies, rolling his eyes, "The pizza is on the table."

"Oh. Thanks," you say, getting up and following him into the dining room, where the individually topped pizzas await.
You smell it before you see it. It smells heavenly. Dan grins at you.

"(Favourite pizza) made especially for you, madam," he says, setting it down in front of you.

You grin at him. "Thank you kindly, sir."

"You're very welcome."

"Why, isn't the weather- actually, screw this. I'm not talking posh all evening."

Dan chuckles. "Me neither. Dig in!"

You take a bite. "Mmmmm... This is amazing!"

"Told you so," Dan says, winking at you.

Phil walks in, scratching his head. His eyes light up when he sees the pizza. "Ooooh! Who made it?"

"Dan," you reply, making a noise of approval.

"Oh," he says, sitting down with a thump. He helps himself to his pizza. There's silence, except from eating noises. You clear your throat.

"So, Phil, anything planned for this week?" you ask.

"Not really. Just the radio show, editing. Nothing exciting," he says shortly.

"You could come out to dinner sometime with Dan and I," you suggest.

"Maybe," he replies.

The rooms falls into silence again.

*le time skip*

You gather up the plates and go into the kitchen to put them in the dishwasher.

You hear Dan whispering to Phil from the other room.

You know that you shouldn't be listening, but you hear Dan say, "...wrong with you?"

Phil mumbles something. Dan says, "Come into my room and tell me."

You hear scraping of chairs. You quickly go back to putting the dishes in. Dan and Phil pass the kitchen and you hear a door close.

Phil's POV:

Dan shuts the door behind us.

"What's up, Phil? You're acting weird. It's not like you to be grouchy," he says, sitting down on his bed. I remain standing.

"Nothing," I lie.

"I can tell you're lying."

I sigh and rack my brain for a convincing story. I can't tell him that I'm jealous of him and Y/n. It would just drive him further away from me.

"I'm just stressed. I've been getting a lot of hate comments recently," I say. As soon as the words leave my mouth, I know that Dan won't believe me.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Stop lying. You never let the hate get to you."

I sigh again. There's no point in even trying to lie to Dan. He knows me too well. Should I just tell him the truth?

"I'm jealous of Y/n getting all the attention," I say quietly. At least it was half true. Dan seems to believe me. His mouth does a little 'o' shape.

"I didn't realise... you're still my best friend, Phil, and nothing can change that!"

"But maybe she can," I reply, venom dripping off my words. I regret them instantly.

Dan looks hurt. Then his expression changes to anger.

"If that's the way you want to think, then we can't be friends," he says, his eyes glistening.

I want to hug him, to tell him I'm sorry, but it's too late. I've dug myself a deep hole.

"I never wanted your friendship anyway," I retort, not waiting to see his reaction as I slam his door and walk away.

A/N: OHHHHHHHHHH

(I'm so sorry)