Cookies and Queries

Phil's POV:

I finish decorating the cookies, standing back to admire my handiwork. Oh... I hope Minty can distinguish what the icing is supposed to be. Let's just say, my art skills aren't great.

I leave the cookies on the counter and run off to my bedroom, skidding on the floor in my superhero socks - mismatched, of course.

I take a red, flowery button up shirt out of my drawer, along with some black skinny jeans and some clean socks, one with foxes and one with hedgehogs. Stylish.

I decide to have a quick shower, getting changed afterwards and blow drying my hair, then straightening it. Now I look okay, no more morning zombie look for me... yay!

I pick up my phone and scroll through my twitter, looking at my mentions. There's nothing out of the blue, really. Phew!

Just then, the doorbell rings, sounding through the house. I go into a frenzied panic, jumping up suddenly from my bed, banging my heel against my tripod and stumbling out of my bedroom door.

I sweep a strand of hair out of my eyes, which goes straight in my eyes again. I sigh deeply, composing myself.

I make my way downstairs to the door, unlocking it with the keys that were left in it and opening it.

A wave of sweet perfume and a very pretty (as always) Minty greets me. I feel the corners of my mouth turn up, making my cheeks hurt. I must look like a psycho...

Minty takes me by surprise by throwing her arms around me and burying her face in my shirt. I inwardly 'aww' at her and hug her back tightly.

She pulls back and gives me a small, awkward smile. I return it, taking in her appearance (not creepy at all, Phil).

She's wearing a loose white shirt and some red tartan leggings. I didn't think anyone could pull those type of leggings off, but she does it quite easily. She's also wearing a long navy cardigan, along with brown ankle boots.

Her short, brown hair is curled slightly, hanging in loose waves which frame her face. A delicate white flower crown sits on her head.

She grins cheekily, a light blush covering her cheeks. "Stop checking me out, you weirdo."

I feel my cheeks flush. "Sorry," I mumble. "You just look nice. More than nice, actually."

"Thank you," she says, laughing behind her hand. "Not too bad yourself."

I pout at her, then go up the stairs, gesturing for her to follow me. She does, unwinding her woolly scarf from her neck and carrying it instead.

When we reach the laundry room, I take her coat and scarf from her, hanging them up on one of the hooks on the wall. "Sorry for the mess," I apologise, looking at the bundle of clothes on top of the washing machine.

"Mess? What mess? Your house is probably one of the cleanest I've been in!" Minty replies enthusiastically, gesturing around her. Then her happy expression is gone, and she looks slightly angry.

"Are you okay?" I ask tentatively.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine... sorry. I'm trying not to be so hyper, you see. I want to be normal," she replies sheepishly, sighing.

"Normalness leads to sadness," I remind her gently, giving her a quick hug. "You don't have to pretend to be all serious when you're over here. I'm sure everyone prefers hyper Minty to serious Minty, anyway."

She looks up, her fringe falling in front of her eyes. She sweeps it away, grinning at me and giving me another hug. She squeezes me tightly. "Thanks, Phil. Who knew you were so phil-osophical?"

I roll my eyes and pull away. "That was terrible."

"I thought it was pretty good," she protests, pouting afterwards. Then, she considers what she said. "Hmph, okay. It was kinda bad..."

"You should hear some of my puns and jokes," I say to her, trying to cheer her up. "They're much, much worse."

She looks at me expectantly. "Go on then."

I rack my brains. "Umm..." I pause. "Okay, got one. Which American president was the least guilty?"

"I don't know," Minty replies, raising her eyebrow with an amused expression.

"Abraham Lincoln," I reply.

She waits for me to go on, but looks confused when I don't continue. "Huh? I don't get it."

"He was in a cent," I exclaim, extending my arms out and waving my hands about. "Ta da!"

Minty keeps a straight face, then bursts out laughing. "You- oh my god. That was so bad!"

I grin cheesily. "You asked for a bad joke, so I gave you one."

She sticks her tongue out at me. "What do you want to do now?"

I shrug. "I don't know..." I suddenly remember the cookies, and panic, quickly changing my answer. "No! Wait, I do know!"

Minty stares at me, startled by my sudden outburst. Then her expression softens, and she chuckles quietly. "Okay, Mr. Enthusiastic. What is it?"

"Follow me," I tell her, grabbing her hand and pulling her gently up the stairs and to the kitchen. When we're about two metres away from the Glass Door of Doom, I have another idea. "Close your eyes," I say.

Minty looks slightly apprehensive, but smiles anyway and covers her eyes with her hands.

"No peeking!" I say excitedly, guiding her carefully to the kitchen door, my hands on her shoulders.

I step in front of her to open the door, walking behind her again to guide her inside.

"Can I look now?" she whines childishly.

"No!" I say, not wanting her to open her eyes too soon. I walk over to the counter and pick up my disaster of a cookie, cradling it gently in my hands. I hope she can read this.

"Okay, you can open them now," I tell her, waiting anxiously for her reaction.

Minty takes her hands away from her eyes and blinks, her eyes adjusting to the light again, I imagine. She looks down at my hands, and sees the cookie I'm holding.

"Aww, Phil, this is so cute! Did you make it yourself? Oh, wait - does it say something?"

I nod modestly, my cheeks flushing as she compliments me. "Read it out," I say nervously. "Please," I add, not wanting to be rude.

"What - no, will... you be... my-" Minty reads aloud, struggling slightly with the words.

It's not that my writing's messy, it's just very hard to do letters in writing icing. Well, the writing icing that Dan and I use, anyway.

I finally sum up the courage to say it. "Will you be my girlfriend, Minty?"

She gasps, and I feel myself frown. "Is that a no...?" I ask defeatedly.

Minty makes my anxious thoughts disappear as she flings her arms around my neck, and does a little excited squeal. I smile broadly and hug her too, my hands on her back.

"So... uh... will you?" I ask again, stupidly.

"Of course!" I manage to hear her say. At this point, her face is buried in my shirt, making her voice quiet and muffled. I can feel her smiling against my chest.

She pulls back, shiny eyed and rosy cheeked. She avoids my gaze, looking down at her shoes. "I mean, of course I will. Thank you ever so much for the offer, sir," she says in a posh voice, giddily giving me a kiss on the cheek.

A/N: Little filler thing for all you #Phinty shippers out there haha

Sorry if this wasn't what you expected/were hoping for, I ran out of ideas and I really wanted to do this chapter anyway ^_^

Oh, and happy first of December! WOOOO

Never Let Go - Danisnotonfire x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara