Looking for the Lion

"He's not replying to my texts, or my calls. The calls go straight to voicemail..." you say sadly.

"He hasn't replied to mine either," Dan replies, looking down at his shoes.

"He'll be fine, Dan. He's a 28 year old man, he can look after himself," you say carefully.

Dan lets out a sob and his hands fly up to cover his face. You decide to try to keep quiet from now on. You're not helping much. You move over to Dan, who is shaking and crying softly.

"Sshhh... everything will be alright..."

He stops crying after a while, but he's still shaking.

"Do you want me to go and get you something to drink? How about hot chocolate?" you ask quietly, frowning slightly.

Dan nods slowly. You get up to go and make him some. When you come back in, he's on the phone.

"Phil... please pick up. Please..." he whispers to himself.

You put the drink on the coffee table and sit down beside him again. Suddenly, he slams down his phone, making you flinch.

"I can't lose him!" he wails.

"Maybe we should go look for him...?" you suggest.

Dan runs a hand through his hair, which you've never seen him do before.

"Yeah. Okay," he says, standing up and beginning to walk down the stairs.

You follow him after grabbing your bag and the house keys. When you get outside, it's becoming dark. You lock the door.

"Should we take my car?" you ask.

Dan nods, shoves his hands in his coat pockets and walks to your car. You unlock it and climb in. Dan opens the passenger door and sits down. You turn to him before you put the engine on.

"Do you have any idea at all where he would be?" you ask, chewing on your lip.

He screws up his eyes in concentration. "Let's check in the park. Phil likes it there. Uh... let's check Chris' house too. Starbucks, maybe, as well."

"Okay," you say, turning the key in the ignition and driving down the road. At least you have something to go on.

You go to Starbucks first. You park the car beside it and get out. Dan does too.

All you can hear is your footsteps and the wind. As you pass Starbucks, both you and Dan look inside. There's no sign of Phil.

Dan lets out a loud sigh.

*le time skip to next destination because I couldn't be bothered to write about the car journeys*

You arrive at the tall black gates of the park. Now the sky is a deep shade of blue. The full moon shines brightly above you.

You inhale and begin walking a separate direction from Dan. You both agreed in the car that it would be quicker to split up.

Your eyes scan the trees as you walk. They settle on a group of teenage boys with their hoods up. There are cigarettes in their hands.

You look down at the path and get ready to run if they try to do anything. You arrange your keys like wolverine claws in your hand, just in case.

Luckily, they don't move as you pass them. You inwardly celebrate. When you get further away from them, you start calling out Phil's name. There's no answer.

*le time skip*

After a few minutes of you waiting at the gates, Dan appears there, looking dismayed.

"No luck?" you ask, already knowing the answer.

"No," he replies quietly. He looks up briefly at you.

His hair is windswept and going curly at the ends, and there is sadness in his brown eyes.

*le time skip to Chris' house*

Dan knocks three times on PJ's door. You stand there beside him awkwardly. The door opens and a tired looking Chris appears.

"Oh! Dan, Y/n, what are you doing here?"

Dan mumbles to him.

Chris looks confused. "English, please, I don't speak mumble."

"Phil has gone missing," you explain briefly.

"What?"

"Yeah," Dan says, blowing his fringe out of his face.

"This isn't a prank? Oh... you'd better come in, I'm freezing my nipples off out here," he exclaims, stepping to the side.

You wipe your feet and walk in. Dan follows.

"So he's not here then?" you ask, sitting down.

"No. Where else have you looked?"

"Starbucks and the park," you reply.

"He could be in Brighton or somewhere like that," Chris suggests.

"I'll call Zoe," you say, getting out your phone and walking out into his hallway. The phone rings.

"Hello, Y/n!" Zoe's voice says.

"Hi, Zoe."

"How are you?"

"I'm okay, thanks. I was wondering, is Phil at yours?"

"No. What's happened?"

"He's kind of... gone missing."

"Oh my word!"

"Yeah." You drop your voice to a whisper. "Dan's really upset about it."

"That's awful! Would you like me to phone all the youtubers in Brighton that know Phil?"

"Yeah, thanks. That would be great. We just want to find him as quickly as possible."

"No problem. Good luck!"

"You too. Bye."

You hang up and walk back into the living room. Dan is pacing in front of the television and Chris is twiddling his thumbs. Dan stops when you come in and looks at you hopefully. Chris does the same.

"He isn't at Zoe's, but she's going to phone all the Brighton youtubers to see if they know anything."

Dan nods and goes back to pacing.

"What now?" Chris asks, sighing.

"I don't know," you reply, your head in your hands.

A/N: The phanfiction is up - it's called "I'll be your Lion if you'll be my Bear" :D

#spon

As it's my second story, I probably won't update it as much as I update "Never Let Go", until it's finished.

Read it? :3

Bye bye xxx