Advice with Phil *cue jingle*

You wake up in your bed, although you're pretty sure you went to sleep on the sofa again. Someone must have carried you... You hoped it was Dan.

You keep replaying in your head the few minutes between Dan and you last night.

Your annoyance increases at Phil, although you really like him and can't really blame him for interrupting you. But your mind keeps saying:

If he had just come in a moment later...

You try to get this thought out of your head. It's not fair on Phil.

Instead, you focus on how far you have come. You started off as a pretty average fangirl, and here you are nearly kissing Dan Howell. You smile to yourself.

"What's so funny?"

You jump slightly. Dan is leaning casually against your wall.

"Uh... Um, nothing."

He raises an eyebrow at you, clearly not convinced. You sigh at how perfect he was.

"Okay, okay, I was thinking about how great my life is now that I've moved here."

Away from my mum, you want to say.

As if he was reading your mind, he sits down on your bed and says, "What's the big deal between you and your mum anyway?"

You sigh again.

​"I'm sorry, it's none of my business," he says quickly.

"No, I want to tell you. Well, mum and I, we don't get along very well, to put it simply. We have a love-hate relationship, except that the hate part is really strong.

"She blames me for dad leaving. She says it's all my fault. Sometimes she just goes out drinking and doesn't come back for ages, and other times you would hardly know that she was like that.

"She seemed eager to get away from me, but about two weeks ago, when I was still in the flat over there, she called me, acting all upset and offended because I didn't call her every night.

"I haven't spoken to her since. She just needs to realise that I'm not a child any more. I don't need her."

Dan stares at you, shocked. His warm brown eyes search your face.

"I had no idea... you hid it so well. You always seem really happy."

You shrug. "I guess I've just learnt to live with it."

You both sit there in an awkward silence.

"Um, I know it's probably a bad time for this, but, about last night..." Dan says.

"Yeah?" you say, your heart thumping.

"Were you okay with it?" he asks, avoiding your eyes for a second. He looks up at you from under his fringe.

"Yeah," you reply, feeling your cheeks heat up.

"That's good," he says, sounding genuinely relieved. Then he stands up and walks out of your room.

You sit there, flustered. You thought that he was going to kiss you. You must watch too many romantic movies.

He's so unpredictable. You didn't even ask if he wanted to kiss you last night. You nearly facepalm yourself.

Now he knows that you wanted to kiss him last night, but you don't know what he thinks at all.

Dan's POV:

"Phil!" I call out, searching the rooms for him. He's in the kitchen.

"Yeah?" he replies, buttering some toast. He looks up and studies my face. I can't hide the excitement. I jump up and down and flail my arms like a little kid. He tilts his head at me, puzzled.

"Let's go into your room. I'll explain it there," I say quickly.

He brings his toast, which is only half covered in butter. I shut the door behind him.

"What's up?" he asks, biting off a chunk of toast.

Phil already knew that I had tried to kiss Y/n last night. He guessed it.

"Well, I asked Y/n if she was okay about me trying to kiss her. She said yes! She even blushed!"

Phil smiles at me, then frowns when I don't carry on. "And...?" he says, making movements with his hand.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"I mean, did you kiss her in her room just now?"

I lower my eyes. "Uhh... no. Was I supposed to?"

Phil facepalms. "Yes! Oh my word, you don't watch enough romantic movies."

I blush furiously. "Great! What am I supposed to do now?"

Phil sighs, but smiles at me. "Okay, here's what you're going to do..."

A/N: Cliffffhanger!!!!! >:) Harharhar