GULLIBLE.

Dan's POV:

I walk into the kitchen to make some tea for Y/n's mother. She seems nice, but Y/n's father is pretty nasty. He's not speaking to either of his family members. At all. He didn't even greet me when I came in.

I grab a mildly non-childish mug from the cupboard.

I can hear Y/n's mum's voice from the living room; she's blabbing away to Y/n.

I look down at the mug again. The tea is made. I must have done it automatically... strange.

I pick up the mug, walk into the living room again, and give it to Y/n's mother.

"Thanks dear. So, what do you do for a living?" she asks.

"I...uh... I make YouTube videos..." I reply.

"No, sweetie, I think you heard me wrong. I said 'for a living' not 'for fun'."

"That's what Dan does, mum," Y/n sighs, looking exasperated.

"Oh, sorry."

"It's okay, it's hard for most people to understand," I say to her giving her a small smile.

She nods and the room falls silent.

"Honey, can I talk to you for a second?" Y/n's dad says to Y/n.

"Don't 'honey' me," Y/n says, her voice quiet and threatening.

He goes quiet. I see his fists clench. "You shouldn't be talking to your parent like that."

Y/n looks at him in complete disgust. "You can't call yourself my parent anymore. You left mum and I with no money, you ran off with another woman, how can you expect for me to still even LIKE you?!"

"Y/n-" he starts.

"Just get out!" she says, running out and slamming her bedroom door.

"I'll go and talk to her," I say, getting up slowly.

Y/n's mother puts her hand on my arm. "No, we'll go now. It's fine." She glances over at Y/n's father and gets up. "Thanks anyway."

I swallow and nod.

Back to you!

You're curled up on your bed, crying. You hear the door open, then close.

"Hey," Dan says quietly.

"He always ruins everything. I wish he never lived," you retort.

Dan doesn't say anything. There's a long pause.

"Should I go?" he asks quietly.

You sit up and wipe your tears away hurriedly. "No. Please stay. I'm sorry for being rude..."

Dan scoots over to your side and pulls you into him. You bury your head in his t-shirt and sob. He begins stroking your hair and saying things like: "Sshhh..." and "Everything is okay."

After a while, you feel like you can't cry any more.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Dan," you whisper.

"Yes, yes you are," he whispers back.

You giggle softly. "Really? Is that the best reply you could think of?"

"Yeah. I have a slow brain. I'll probably know what would be the perfect reply in 2 hours from now," he says, sighing.

"Well, tell me when you figure it out," you laugh.

Dan chuckles and lies his head on yours. You close your eyes and drift off to sleep.

*le time skip*