Shopping and Cereal

You're woken up by someone jumping on your bed.

You sleepily open your eyes, shielding them from the sun with your hand.

"Get up!" Dan shouts at you, grinning and jumping up and down.

"Nooooo..." you grumble, lying back down and closing your eyes.

"Come on, we have that party thing today," he says, sitting down and tilting his head at you.

You groan and sit up again. "I can't be bothered."

Dan does puppy dog eyes at you. You smile at him and tackle him down on the bed. He starts laughing and kisses you on the nose.

You stand up, take his hand and drag him out of your room. Before you close the door on him, you ask:

"What time is the party?"

"Around 7," he replies.

"Okay! Now go away so I can change."

Dan walks out, waving at you.

You grin and pick up some casual clothes - some black leggings and a baggy grey hoodie. You put your hair in a messy bun, slip on your converse, and walk out again, yawning.

You open the cereal cupboard. There's nothing there.

"Phil! Have you taken all the cereal again?" you yell out of the kitchen door.

"Hey, it wasn't just me!" he shouts back.

You roll your eyes and decide to have toast instead.

*le time skip*

"Dan, you ready?" you ask him through his door.

"For what?" he asks, opening it.

"Going shopping. We have to get Zoe's presents, remember?" you say.

"I knew that," he mutters, scratching his neck.

"Of course you did," you reply, rolling your eyes.

"Uh, give me ten minutes. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, sure."

You walk back into the living room and sit down on the sofa.

"Hey," Phil says, eating some shreddies out of the box casually.

You stare at him and shake your head. "THIS is why we run out of cereal, Phil."

He shrugs. "Sorry. They're so addictive..."

You laugh. "It's alright. Dan and I will get some more today."

"Okay!" he replies happily.

You turn your attention to the TV, which just so happens to be playing Pokémon. Dan walks in a few minutes later and leans against the door frame.

"Ready! Phil, are you eating cereal out of the box again?" he exclaims.

"You didn't see anything..." Phil replies, narrowing his eyes.

Dan laughs and holds his hands up defensively. "Okay, okay."

You laugh with him and stand up. "Let's go then. Phil, do you want to come? We're going shopping."

"Nope, I'm fine," he says between mouthfuls.

You nod, grab your coat and start descending the stairs.

*le time skip*

Dan groans for about the tenth time.

"Why do girls always take so long to choose things?" he asks, groaning.

"That's extremely stereotypical, Daniel. I'm ashamed of you," you say, tutting at him.

"But they dooo!" he protests.

You ignore him and walk over to a jewellery stand. There's a pretty pearl and silver necklace hanging up. You pick it up and show it to Dan.

"What do you think?" you ask him.

"It's nice," he replies in a monotone voice.

You punch him lightly on the shoulder. "Come on, this is important!"

"Yeah, get it. I like it," he says, with his normal - adorable - British accent.

"Okay. Well, this can be your gift, and I'll give her the toiletries set we got in the last shop."

"Sounds good," he says, taking the necklace off you and walking over to the till.

You follow him and wait at the side while he buys it. You see the girl at the till lean forward, exposing her chest. She twirls her hair in her fingers, and she smirks at Dan.

You grit your teeth and walk over.

"Hey, babe," you say, kissing him on the cheek.

The girl at the till shoots you a dirty look and stands up straight again.

"Can you not flirt with my boyfriend," you say to her, glaring at her.

"Sorry, ma'am," she says sheepishly.

"You'd better be," you say, turning around and walking away, pulling Dan along with you. When you get out of the shop, he squeezes your hand.

"I like the sassy side of you," he says, grinning.

You stick your tongue out at him, but squeeze his hand back.

*le time skip*

You step into the house and begin to close the door. Dan grabs your wrist just as it's about to shut.

"Let's scare Phil," he whispers into your ear.

You nod and smile mischievously, closing the door quietly, hardly making any noise. Dan gestures for you to follow him up the stairs.

He's tiptoeing, and you copy his movements. You can't hear Phil - he must be on his laptop or something.

Even so, he usually sings to himself. He's either got lost, again, or... you can't think of any other scenarios at the moment.

You reach the top of the stairs and stop to catch your breath for a few seconds, before following Dan again.

He opens Phil's bedroom door and yells:

"BOO!"

You listen for Phil's reaction, usually an 'I hate you' or a laugh, but nothing comes.

You look at Dan.

His feet are rooted on the spot and his hand is still on the doorway.

You scrunch up your nose in confusion and look over his shoulder into Phil's room.

There he is, blushing furiously, with a red headed girl next to him.