Stay with me...

You finish telling Phil what happened at the police station, and conclude your explanation with saying that the police are checking it out tomorrow.

He stays quiet for a few moments, then speaks up, a small smile on his face. "It's great that you told them! Good luck... I hope he's found to be guilty. That story is creepy, but I think it's a bit far fetched. Don't get too worked up about it, okay?"

You don't say anything, just smiling in return.

"Have you filmed your first YouTube video yet? Dan told me you were going to give it a go," Phil continues.

"Yeah, Dan helped me film it about an hour and a half ago. I think it went well. Now I just have to edit it - do you have any tips?" you ask bashfully.

Phil laughs to himself. "All I can say is: please don't use the wrong program to edit your video. It'll make a huge difference which one you use."

"Do you want me to help you?" Dan pipes up, looking somewhat hopeful.

"Yes please," you reply, really in need of his assistance. You're a complete amateur at editing. "Should I bring my laptop in here?"

"Yeah, it would be nice to have your company," Phil says with a gentle smile on his face.

Once you've brought your laptop into the lounge, you sit down next to Phil so you're between them both. Dan leans over and points to various things on your screen, instructing you on what's best to do for editing your video.

*le time skip*

Editing was more time consuming and exhausting than you expected. After a few hours, you've finished editing the video, and sorted out the thumbnail and everything.

You were careful to edit out any laughs from Dan so you wouldn't raise any suspicion. Even though it looks like no one helped you film, you know the viewers of Dan and Phil will probably figure it out soon.

You push those thoughts out of your mind, reminding yourself to be positive. Looking at Dan for reassurance, you click 'upload' and breathe out a breath you didn't know you were holding.

Phil, who's been watching you and the laptop the whole time, raises his hand in the air for a high five. You laugh and high five him, actually managing to hit his hand.

"Well done!" Dan says sincerely from your other side, smiling. "They'll love it." Just then, he seems to get an idea, pulling his phone out of his pocket and tapping on the screen. Your own phone buzzes as soon as he stops tapping. You take it out, seeing that it's a Twitter notification from Dan.

@.danisnotonfire
a good friend of mine just published their first youtube video! go check it out pls 🎥 https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

You smile to yourself. "You didn't have to do that. Thank you," you say softly, looking up at Dan.

"That's what friends are for," he replies with a smile. "I notice you've already turned on the Twitter notifications for my account," he adds with a laugh.

You look a bit sheepish as you think of an excuse, but no good ones spring to mind. "Yeah, I hope you have my account notifications on too. It's what friends are for, seeing each other's tweets first." You cringe at yourself slightly as you say it.

Phil chuckles, immediately relaxing you. "Of course, that's the first rule of friendship." He looks at Dan with a somewhat nostalgic expression, smiling.

Dan gives him the same look in return, and you realise what's going on. You decide not to say anything and let them have their moment. You turn your attention back to your laptop, seeing you have about seventy notifications already. You check the comments people have left you.