Twister and Ice Cream

Chris beckons for all of you to follow him upstairs, where PJ is sitting on the sofa. There's a colourful spotted mat spread out in front of him. You recognise it as Twister. PJ smiles at you all and gets up to greet you.

"We were just about to play," he says, gesturing to the mat. "You guys want to join us?"

"Sure!" you reply, giving him a small smile.

Dan nods. "Why not. Are we recording this?"

PJ shakes his head. "Just a bit of fun, no cameras involved."

Phil bounces up and down like a happy toddler. You grin at him.

"I get the feeling you like Twister, Phil," you say with a laugh.

"No, Phil actually hates Twister," Chris cuts in sarcastically.

You roll your eyes at him.

You all sit down on the floor and look at the Twister mat. The spinner is beside it.

"Who's going first?" Chris asks, looking round at everyone. "Y/n?"

"Yay, I'll be the first one to embarrass myself horribly," you say in a monotone voice.

Everyone laughs, and PJ spins the spinner. It lands on green, left hand. You crouch down on the white bit of the mat and put your left hand on a green dot.

"Okay, Dan, you go next," PJ says.

*le time skip*

Your left hand is behind you and your right is crossed over that. Your feet are wide apart - you're almost doing the splits. You're surprised you haven't fallen yet.

The only people left playing are Dan, Chris and you. There's a loud thump as Dan falls over.

"Awww. You were doing so well!" you say, as he sits down on the sofa.

"Twister hates me," he sighs.

"Just me and you now, Y/n," Chris says, grinning at you.

"Yup," you say. PJ spins the spinner again for you and it lands on blue right foot. The blue dots are quite far away and you know you're going to lose anyway. You stretch out to reach it, but fall over in the process. "Dammit!" you exclaim.

Chris untangles himself and fistpumps. "And the winner is... Chris! What do I win, guys?" He looks over at you and smirks. "How about a kiss from Y/n?"

You roll your eyes at him and laugh. "Dream on."

"Aww," he says, tilting his head and pouting.

You give him an awkward smile, glancing over at Dan, who is glaring at Chris. He catches you looking at him and his expression softens. He comes over to sit beside you and slips an arm around your waist.

Chris looks at you two, realisation forming on his face. "You two are dating?"

You both nod.

"Well, thanks for letting me know, mate!" he says sarcastically, putting his arm around a now blushing PJ and laughing. "Sorry, Y/n."

"It's fine," you say, taking Dan's hand and squeezing it. He kisses you on the cheek.

"We'd better go guys, it's getting late," Phil says, looking slightly awkward. He looks down and fiddles with the sleeve of his jacket.

You instantly feel really guilty, it must be horrible for him being a third wheeler between you and Dan. You hope he finds someone soon, for his sake.

After many hugs, you leave Chris' house and get into a cab, sitting beside Dan, while Phil sits in the front in the passenger's seat.

Dan yawns and puts his head on your shoulder, putting his neck at a sore looking angle.