Noodles and Theories!

You rub your eyes as you wake up for the second time today, and yawn subduely, accidentally pulling the duvet down in the process. Dan squirms where his shoulder is exposed to the cold air, letting out a 'humph' sound and pulling the duvet up.

You close your eyes again, sighing softly. You regret waking up, as your head is pounding and your stomach hurts. Plus, you had a really nice dream.

You shuffle round a bit on the mattress, getting yourself in a more comfortable position. Just as you close your eyes, your phone buzzes beside you, alerting you of a new message.

You pat around on the bedside table for your phone, eventually finding it and picking it up. You type in your passcode and tap on the message icon.

Unknown: EQSS DT.

You furrow your brow. What the hell? Is this the same code as yesterday?

You pat around on your bedside table for a second time to find the piece of paper Phil gave you earlier.

Sure enough, the text message uses the same code as the one on the letter. Therefore, you're able to work out that the text message says 'Call me.'

The number that texted you is the same as the one on the paper, too. So the person who sent the text message must have written the code!

Your breathing quickens, and a sense of achievement fills you, even though what you found out was pretty meagre, really.

You weigh up the options in your mind; call the number and find out who has been writing the codes (possibly), or not call the number and maybe be pestered with more codes and more text messages, and be stressed out (hehe) by the decision?

Obviously, the first one sounds like a better option, although very scary. Who knows who might be behind this? If you didn't know better, you'd say it was your mum. It sounds like something she'd do...

What if it was her? Dan seems to think so anyway, and his theory about the stuffed up exhaust pipe is quite believable.

You run a hand over your face, exhaling and closing your eyes. It's too early, especially for being a detective - sort of. You can't think straight.

"Boo!" someone hisses in your ear, making you jolt in surprise and inhale sharply.

Then you hear an outbreak of laughter, and choked out words. "You... you should have seen your face!"

You turn around to face Dan, glaring at him. "Go away," you say with a huff.

His eyes crinkle up in mirth as he laughs again, tapping your nose softly and making a 'boop' noise. "Nope, you're stuck with me, I'm afraid."

"Yay," you say sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

"Oi!" he exclaims, flicking your cheek lightly and putting on an offended expression. "It's an honour you have me; I thought you'd be more grateful! I'll just go and find another girlfriend, huh?"

You pout. "Nooo, don't leave!"

Dan turns away from you and sniffs dramatically. "I don't know, Y/n, I'm feeling kind of shunned right now, you know?"

You roll your eyes at his drama queen behaviour, smiling.

"Although," he continues, "I do know how you can apologise to me..." With this, he turns around to face you again, his eyes glinting mischievously.

"Oh really?" you ask innocently, feigning being intrigued.

He rolls his eyes and kisses you on the lips as an answer.