Cards Against Humanity and Codes

"Now, firstly," Charles says. "I'll read this out...

(A/N: If stuff about death triggers you or anything, please skip this (I don't want you to be upset))

"My dearest family,

If you're reading this, it's because I am not here anymore. I want you to be brave, most importantly. I will always be here, even if you cannot see me. Stay strong for me.

Firstly, Y/n, darling. I have a few things for you. I leave for you my mother's gold necklace, which has been passed down from generation to generation. There should be a personal letter included in the box, too. Also, half of the money in my bank account is yours - the other half will be split between our other relatives.

And (father's name), I'm not leaving you anything. I hate you, frankly. I once loved you, but you ruined our relationship, really. I hope you're happy.

That is all.

(Mother's name)

You look over at your father, who looks shocked, then furious. His eyes are bulging in their sockets.

"What?!" he demands, clenching his fists. "I get nothing?"

Charles shakes his head slowly, slight sympathy in his eyes. "I'm afraid so, sir. You may leave now, if you like."

Your dad bangs his fist on the desk suddenly, making everyone jump, and a pot of ink fall off it, splatting all over the floor.

"Let me rephrase that," Charles say with gritted teeth. "Please leave."

Your father scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Are you f***ing kidding me? I get f***ing nothing?!"

Charles sighs. "Security!" he says loudly.

Two burly men come rushing in.

"Please escort this man outside," Charles says to them, gesturing to your dad. They nod and do as he says.

You watch as your father walks sullenly out of the door, with the two men close behind him.

Charles sits down at his desk again, and folds his hands on the top of it. "Sorry about that. Anyway, where were we?"

You open your mouth to reply, but Charles cuts you off.

"Ah, yes. Here is the necklace," he says, handing you a medium sized rectangular box.

You take it with shaking fingers, lifting the lid off it and peering inside.

The necklace is clearly very old. It's probably looked better in the past. The gold is slightly dirty and there are a few chips in it.

You go to close the lid again, but a piece of paper catches your eye. This must be the note that your mother was talking about. You unfold it, scanning your eyes over the yellowish paper.

Y/n,

This is for you. It is a great piece of history, so please look after it. It is probably worth a lot of money now, but it'd be better to keep it than sell it, yes? I'm sure you agree with me.

Enclosed is also my bank account number, as I said before, half of the money is yours.

Goodbye, my darling. I love you.

You sigh. You'll probably just sell the necklace, it's not like she'll care, now.

"Is everything okay?" Charles asks softly, placing his hand on yours comfortingly.