8 | The Four Boys Are..

"And then what happened?"

I was now inside Carrie's Coffee, at 10:26 in the night, getting high on caffeine. After moping for a few hours, I decided to socialize with the only current friend I had, Carrie.

Agent Chickee Harris was out of the picture, and so was Mr. Milan. So-called friends.

Surprisingly, Carrie had been so understanding of what was happening and was nodding to everything I said, occasionally giving side comments and asking questions.

I've been telling her about what had happened hours ago. Sad to say, I was actually affected.

"And then I got fired." I shrugged, taking a huge gulp of my iced coffee.

Oh shit. Brain freeze.

She gaped as she shot me a questioning glance, "I never thought Cyrus could do such thing."

I never thought he could do so, either.

I shrugged again, "He's Mr. Milan to me now."

Back to formalities. He's just a former boss to me now.

Flashbacks of my missions with him came rushing through my mind- I shook my head, trying to get rid of those memories.

Rhi gave me a sympathetic smile and I just smiled back- a fake one.

"Let's extend your working hours here?" She suggested, "To help keep your mind off things, I mean."

I contemplated the idea, then shrugged.

"Nah. But thanks. I'll just check my email for job hirings."

She nodded, "Alright then, you best be off. Its already late."

I glanced at the clock, 10:54pm.

"Time to go then. Thanks Rhi."

I got up and grabbed the remaining of my iced coffee.

"Anytime, Asti."

-

I scrolled through my emails, and so far nothing has caught my eye.

Dammit, who knew this shit was so hard?

As far as I knew, having been ranked first Internationally, I should be the most sought after Secret Agent in the world. But nooooo, apparently, I was supposed to be jobless and alone.

I was back in my regular apartment in Chicago. Away from the stress, away from my secret agent life. Nothing could be better than this.

It would be better if the boys were here.

Right. Its been a week since I've been fired, since I had last seen them.

I wonder if they're okay-

I miss Jonah's stupid dad jokes, Jack's sarcasm, Zach's tomato face, Daniel's cute ass smile, and Corbyn's-

Corbyn. Him as a whole.

God, I miss the boys.

I shook my head and removed all thoughts about them, taking a quick glance of the silver chain attached to my wrist, instantly calming myself down.

The clock on my laptop showed that it was already 12:46 in the early morning of January 26th.

Its late.

I looked back at my laptop and scrolled aimlessly, deleting spam inboxes when I saw some on occasion.

Then, a notification popped up.