CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Agent Sun

I glared at the black faux leather coated bag that was already tattered in front of me. Corbyn reminded me of something that should have been buried and forgotten exactly twelve years ago. It's been on my mind since yesterday.

I threw a punch. This is for my family.

Two. This is for who was responsible for my fucked up life.

Three. This is for my twisted mind.

Four. This is for Cyrus.

Five. This is for those stupidly attra-

I was cut off of my reverie when I heard a foot come in contact with the tiled floors of the basement. The gym I was inside of is located inside the basement of the manor. Even if it wasn't hardwood flooring, my senses were sharp and very accurate. From what I've heard, this foot was a size 13.

I heard another footstep. Then another.

"It's 3 am, Mr. Marais. Kindly go back upstairs." I spoke coldly, without turning around to see who it was.

"I can't sleep, Agent Sun." He took a few more steps towards me.

I turned around and gave him a glare.

"If you want drugs to knock you out, just ask Nicholas for them. I think I have a few left fro-"

"Woah- what? Drugs? No!" He cut me off, his eyes widening.

I shrugged, "It always helps me though."

He frowned, "I thought you were supposed to be a good guy. No drugs and stuff."

"You think killing people mercilessly is being a good guy?" I scoffed, crossing my arms above my sports bra-clad chest.

"Well, I-uh, yeah. If killing them was for a good cause." He looked confused and lost.

"So if I kill you right now because I want to help decrease the population of the most annoying people in the world, will it be for a good cause?" I challenged him, clenching and unclenching my hands due to the numbness taking over.

He looked scared as he tensed. I chuckled a little.

"I'm kidding." He relaxed.

"So, can I join you here?" He asked as I turned around away from him.

I blinked, "No. I'm done already, I'm off somewhere else."

I heard him sigh sadly.

Well damn me for actually having a heart. I think I'm gonna regret this.

As I turned to leave, I glanced back at the brunette boy still standing by the black punching bag.

"So, you coming with me or not?"

I turned around and started to walk upstairs, Jonah in tow.

"So, is this what you normally do in the mornings?" I heard him ask.

I hummed in response.

"You know for a pretty girl, you sure are badass." I heard him mumble.

I chuckled, "Thanks?"

As we reached the first floor, I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator.

I looked at Jonah and leaned on the counter.

The boy was in a black muscle tee and white pyjama bottoms with little Hello Kitty prints on them. His hair was a little messy with the just-got-out-of-bed look.

He was sitting on an empty chair, waiting for me.

"I didn't know you liked Hello Kitty, Mr. Marais." I spoke as I finished gulping down the contents of the bottle.

He chuckled, embarrassed, "It was the only one left. I haven't been able to do my laundry."

I hummed, "Sure."

I put the bottle in a non-biodegradable trash bin and put my hands on my hips.

"Get changed into something dark but comfortable. I'll meet you at the door in five minutes tops."

Five minutes later, here I was. I was wearing a pair of black shorts, a plain black tight fitting shirt and a pair of combat boots. I put my hair up in a tight ponytail and braided it in a bun so it wouldn't get in my way.  I had a holster strapped on to my right leg that held one M19. My bra held my beloved Glock 26. I also had three knives on me for safety precautions.

I breathed out, I just hope Jonah doesn't mess this up.

He came barreling down the stairs in a dark grey shirt and a pair of black jeans. He was wearing Jordan's. He actually brushed his hair for once.

"Where are we going?" He asked me as I handed him a spare full face helmet.

I smirked, "Curiosity killed the cat, Mr. Marais."

And with that, we were off.

Jonah was behind me, holding on for his dear life as I exceeded the 60 mph rule this city had. I almost laughed out loud to be honest. He seems so terrified that it's hilarious.

"It's your first time?!" I shouted above the extreme speed so he'd hear me.

"Yes!" He shouted back, holding on to the handles behind him.

"Put your arms around my hips! It's safer!" In a flash, he had his arms around my hips.

It feels weird. Such contact made me feel a shiver down my spine. I shook the feeling off.

After five more minutes of me shaking off the fact that someone of the opposite sex is actually making contact with me, we arrived at our destination.

"The hotel?" Jonah asked once he got off and removed his helmet.

I nodded, "Hotel Grande."

Caution tape surrounded the burnt building.

I've noticed that the blocked number hasn't been texting Corbyn or any of the boys lately, so I decided to investigate. When I consulted Cyrus about it, he told me to go to the Grande to scout for any clues. So here I am.

I entered the building, careful for any falling debris. Jonah followed close behind me.

All the floors were down. All except the bottom one. Everything here looked normal, as if no fire just occurred. Peculiar.

"Woah, it's so clean." I heard Jonah say.

I hummed in response.

The whole lobby was intact. I went over to the reception. I used my left earring to unlock the register. It opened.

Instead of seeing money, what I saw was a note.

We're just beginning.

-
Vote, Comment, Share, Follow! ❤